Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Club shouldn't be worried about FFP when the manager has you flirting with relegation. Plus I think there is ways they can maneuver around it having a negative effect.
Ratcliffe should go and buy 1 million Utd shirts and donate them to charity. Bolster the coffers.

Worst manager we've had post Ferguson and it's not even close. The more he builds his team the worse he gets.

Media should be putting these stats in front of him to see him squirm.

In the post match interview Evans acknowledged that the rumours surrounding the potential sacking of ten Hag is affecting the players. I share the same sentiment. Both the Porto and todays game against Villa have shown that the players are still giving their all and theres no sign that ten Hag has lost the dressing room. Despite the uncertainty, the teams fighting spirit is evident. Two points away against Porto and Villa isnt catastrophic, but Ten Hag is under pressure to start turning these draws into wins. The upcoming fixtures will be crucial in determining his future. It’ll be interesting to see how many points we can get from the next 5 games

Brentford (H)
Fenerbace (A)
West Ham (A)
Leicester (H)
Chelsea (H)

I think he might actually be ill. Surely a sane person doesn't believe anything he comes out with.
I actually thought this. The guy is so deluded and spouts so much absolute rubbish something must be amiss

I haven't looked at this myself, but it'd be interesting to see how managers have done post United. Probably difficult to draw comparisons in fairness. It's a real mess.
LvG: Meh with Netherlands.

Moyes: solid job back to a club at his level with West Ham. Although I also think West Ham did a very good job around him

Mourinho: crap with Spurs, had to move to Serie A after. Clearly past his best.

Ole: unemployed

Not a single one has left and immediately found success like they had before we hired them.

If Old Trafford wasn’t full of people who payed a months salary to travel from around the world to watch a game there would be a lot more negativity.

Teams who have local supporters and big ultra groups of fans would never tolerate this.

Even here in Sweden it’s big angry banderolls with sack messages, bangers, pyro and a lot of angry songs if they manager is shite.

Old Trafford feels like a holiday home in comparison, at least the times I’ve been there.

In the post match interview Evans acknowledged that the rumours surrounding the potential sacking of ten Hag is affecting the players. I share the same sentiment. Both the Porto and todays game against Villa have shown that the players are still giving their all and theres no sign that ten Hag has lost the dressing room. Despite the uncertainty, the teams fighting spirit is evident. Two points away against Porto and Villa isnt catastrophic, but Ten Hag is under pressure to start turning these draws into wins. The upcoming fixtures will be crucial in determining his future. It’ll be interesting to see how many points we can get from the next 5 games

Brentford (H)
Fenerbace (A)
West Ham (A)
Leicester (H)
Chelsea (H)

So many focusing on the last 2 games like we haven't only won 4 games from 11 I think. Or that we didn't come 8th last season.

Do people have any long term memory or are they just blissfully ignorant to how bad this is?

There isn't one legitimate reason that ETH should still be manager of this club.

People defending the clean sheet nonsense are full of shit.

Convenient ass argument that hides from the fact that Villa, and especially Rodgers, didn't have their shooting boots on for the first time in ages, and if they remotely did, that would not be a clean sheet.

I see where you're coming from but I think you're overthinking things. You know why he posted it, it's not really fruitful to keep thinking about it.

Actually I don't know why he posted it. There are two options, he is happy to be used as a mouthpiece and has no integrity or he has dumb opinions. I don't know which one it is.

I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but I've got that exact same feeling in my stomach with ETH that I had with the takeover. This is going to drag out, get taken to the extreme until United are 1 point above relegation and just screw you up inside, as you wait for something that needs to be done asap.

He's got to go and he's got to go now. The team is an absolute shitshow to watch. I'm slowly starting to lose faith in the new management and directors if they truly, truly think that ETH is doing a good job and they should stick with him. No other club, not Madrid, Bayern, Barca or anyone else half decent, would have accepted the results we've had over the last 3 years and kept him on.

I'm just empty. If this joker is still here come Christmas then that will tell me everything about Ineos.

Oh great, so he knows who the new manger is? Or have you struggled to read my posts too.

The only thing I've said is sacking him without a replacment is nuts. The fact you all find that so controversial belweilders me.

Tedious hystera is the best way to descibe the football forums these days.

That isn’t really what you argued though. You actually argued we should stick with him whilst things “settle” under the new management structure (whatever that means), and that we shouldn’t replace him unless we had lined up a “vastly better” option (whatever that means).

He does represent the club in any way. Whitwell represent his paper when it comes to United, not the other way around, he is a representative of the Atlhetic and the New York Times. It's very important to not confuse these things because when it comes to his integrity, he is supposed to publish the truth not act as a PR outlet for the club, otherwise he would be in breach of media ethics.
He doesn't represent the club, but he is the club's leading reporter. It's frustrating for fans, but he's not gonna risk upsetting the club and potentially risking his job by criticising them on Twitter.

If Old Trafford wasn’t full of people who payed a months salary to travel from around the world to watch a game there would be a lot more negativity.

Teams who have local supporters and big ultra groups of fans would never tolerate this.

Even here in Sweden it’s big angry banderolls with sack messages, bangers, pyro and a lot of angry songs if they manager is shite.

Old Trafford feels like a holiday home in comparison, at least the times I’ve been there.
completely agree. and until the likes of @Utd heap are held to account, we won’t improve as a club.

That game was the perfect anesthetic to dull the subsequent defeats on return from international duty. I really think he is safe now until Christmas probably.

Sorry, feeling a bit guilty deosn't really alter my opinion of fans who want us to lose
Its always disappointing to read that some fans want our team to lose just to see a manager sacked. We are all frustrated with the results, but wishing a defeat of our team undermines the very essence of being a supporter. I stand behind ten Hag for as long as he is a United manager.

The whole caretaker manager thing exists for a reason, you can easily argue keeping somebody in a job despite the incompetence just because their replacement is not ready to go is even more nuts

I never said that though. That's the issue here, people come in halfway through a discussion and skew everything. I said as an interim Ruud made sense with all the other moving parts at the club. I never said we should stick with him. I said he was done, but the next step is not simple. The idea that almost anyone can do a job at this club, famously one of the hardest clubs in the world to manage, is naive at best.

Brentford (H)
Fenerbace (A)
West Ham (A)
Leicester (H)
Chelsea (H)
14th in the league with 2 wins is catastrophic no matter you paint it.
If the players are playing for him, it’s even worst. It means he is clueless, but we new that.
Don’t sack him now is pure madness, after the most miserable spell in the league we had to endure in now 19 months.

So what is preventing the sack?
Quite possible they were giving him a start to the season to see how it goes. It’s most likely not a hard line or results decision such as if he loses 3 in a row or whatever. It’s going to be a collective assessment of our performances. You can’t blame the performances on the Glazers or Ineos. ETH has been backed financially. At some point the hammer has to drop. A full season of our current form could see us flirting with 15th or lower in the league and maybe a knockout round in the EL.

Well done from Ezza. Took an untenable position and turned it around with two convincing… draws.

Should be the rest of the season secured that, going by Ineos et al’s decisiveness in these matters.

Its always disappointing to read that some fans want our team to lose just to see a manager sacked. We are all frustrated with the results, but wishing a defeat of our team undermines the very essence of being a supporter. I stand behind ten Hag for as long as he is a United manager.

It's bizarre.

He doesn't represent the club, but he is the club's leading reporter. It's frustrating for fans, but he's not gonna risk upsetting the club and potentially risking his job by criticising them on Twitter.

He doesn't have to peddle any nonsense that club wants out, he may choose to do so but it's not an obligation, plenty of beat reporters around the world don't go out of their way to share every nonsense that clubs PR teams fabricate.

I have no idea what is going on. It's like he's trying to play one way and the players want to play another. Something has to give.

That isn’t really what you argued though. You actually argued we should stick with him whilst things “settle” under the new management structure (whatever that means), and that we shouldn’t replace him unless we had lined up a “vastly better” option (whatever that means).

Yep, I believe that, or Ruud, for similar reasons is a safer bet unless there is a named alternative, The just anybody is madness, and what I was arguing against.

The elephant in the room is the £17m payout they have to pay ETH if he's sacked. It would show Ineos as unbelievably incompetent by extending his contract in the summer (despite interviewing other managers) and now sacking him and paying him this huge sum. This follows them sacking lots of staff in the summer, some on minimum wage to save some money.. They just have to own up and admit they got it wrong and sack this fraudster so we can all move on.

I'm so fking angry I can't believe the position we're in. I mean I wanted the previous managers gone towards the end but I genuinely despise this guy. Never known such an arrogant, deluded human peanut.

We've played 7 games and you can already see the top 7 teams are probably there to stay now. Ridiculous