Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
But hardly anyone is arguing for “just anybody”. Most people are arguing that finding someone who would be an improvement would not be particularly hard because Ten Hag has been historically bad. It should not be beyond Ineos to find someone who is less of a risk than the guy who is currently overseeing relegation form.

Let's hope so.

No doubt our league form this season has been poor. 8 points from 7 games and sitting in 14th place is simply not good enough and 2 points in the Europa League isnt great either. But I dont call for the manager to be sacked at this stage. Despite the disappointing results I have seen some promising performances this season. Apart from the Liverpool and Spurs games, our performances were not that bad even in the games we lost vs Brighton and City in the Community Shield. Theres no question Ten Hag needs to start winning consistently but I dont believe sacking him now is the right move. Lets get behind the team and the manager surely thats not too much to ask?

Madness but you do you.

No doubt our league form this season has been poor. 8 points from 7 games and sitting in 14th place is simply not good enough and 2 points in the Europa League isnt great either. But I dont call for the manager to be sacked at this stage. Despite the disappointing results I have seen some promising performances this season. Apart from the Liverpool and Spurs games, our performances were not that bad even in the games we lost vs Brighton and City in the Community Shield. Theres no question Ten Hag needs to start winning consistently but I dont believe sacking him now is the right move. Lets get behind the team and the manager surely thats not too much to ask?
There is absolutely no reason to get behind this manager. Your standards are have slipped to relegation fodder.

Absolute shit. But in 50 years time we will be counting two domestic trophies in our record when comparing against our rivals. I can promise you we won’t be discussing 2nd and 3rd place finishes.
That might be true but if we’re in League One I’m not sure anyone’s going to give a shit that we won an FA cup 50 years ago. Cups only matter when you’re at the top of the tree fighting for leagues.

Sack him, get Potter in and get Mitoma and a LB in January with Rashford, Mount and Antony gotten rid of

Last edited:
We scored 3 goals against the worst team in the league. Insane to think we've scored 2 goals in total across the other 6 games

Absolute shit. But in 50 years time we will be counting two domestic trophies in our record when comparing against our rivals. I can promise you we won’t be discussing 2nd and 3rd place finishes.
Outside of CL/PL there isn't really any trophies worth counting. Counting second/third rate trophies is only for the quarrelsome.

That might be true but if we’re in League One I’m not sure anyone’s going to give a shit that we won an FA cup 50 years ago. Cups only matter when you’re at the top of the tree fighting for leagues.

In 50 years time, the most remembered fact from ETHs era will be 7-0.

Not too much to ask?
feck me mate, sorry but you're delusional.

14th in the league with 2 wins is catastrophic no matter you paint it.
If the players are playing for him, it’s even worst. It means he is clueless, but we new that.
Don’t sack him now is pure madness, after the most miserable spell in the league we had to endure in now 19 months.
I am not denying our results have been poor and our 14 position in the league reflects that. What I am asking is for ten Hag be given time to turn things around. Sacking him after just 7 league games leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Lets see how we perform in the next few games and if the results dont improve, then yes he may have to go.

Outside of CL/PL there isn't really any trophies worth counting. Counting second/third rate trophies is only for the quarrelsome.
Absolute nonsense. Try telling anyone who was at those games that they were worth nothing.

Gentle reminder that we are Manchester United and challenging for EPL every season is bare minimum for the club of this size. FA cups and EL are well and good but you use it as consolation trophies at best. This is why we will never be a real madrid, a barca or even a BM.

I am not denying our results have been poor and our 14 position in the league reflects that. What I am asking is for ten Hag be given time to turn things around. Sacking him after just 7 league games leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Lets see how we perform in the next few games and if the results dont improve, then yes he may have to go.

It's his third season. Give your head a wobble mate.

Top clubs would sack a manager in their first season for such form.

I'd rather step out in front of oncoming traffic than support the farce that has been the past 19 months.

If you want to be a top red, that's your business. Just don't expect others to follow.

No white text ?

Yes. Yes it is.

He’s not getting the sack I’m afraid. Too little noise. The hierarchy are still unsure what to do and are meeting this week to decide what to do. At the end they will set a timeline and target for this clown to reach and if not only then they’ll pull the trigger. Or atleast that’s what I’m reading. The guy is a conman and won’t be surprised if he’s sold Ineos another vision leading us to dreamland.

You don't think it had anything to do with Rodgers and co leaving their shooting boots at home? Because our defenders were helpless to prevent half of those shots going in if the shots weren't so mishit consistently.
I don't think it had too much to do with that, I think it probably had most to do with them barely creating anything. Their xG was less than 0.5, I think (as was ours, cause again, our problem was going forward not in defence).

He’s already had £600m and all the support any manager could ask for.

Enough’s enough, he must be sacked!

Im not interested in reminiscing over a League Cup trophy in 50 years, Im more interested in enjoying the entire season.
Its been too long since I've enjoyed watching us okay.

7 games?

We've been in relegation battling form for 20 league games now, while also doing terribly in Europe.

It's his third season, what rabbit do you think he's going to pull out of a hat in the next few months? He just benched the center back pairing he's been begging for in a critical game.

He's not had 7 league games, we have been terrible since the 27th of February 2023. Included in that time is our worst ever Premier League finish, our worst ever Premier league goal difference, our biggest defeat in over 30 years, our most 3+ goal defeats under a manager in our lifetime. All with over £600m invested in his vision and 2 managers hired as his coaches.

The fact that the performance levels have dropped even lower only adds credence to the fact that was glaringly obvious that he should have been sacked at the end of last season.

This isn't just a poor start to the season, it's a continuation of what we have seen for a long time. Fans have been incredibly patient, to our detriment.

He had more then 2 years and we are sinking since the carabao cup.
Would you like to see the club burning because you want to see something that won’t happen ?
My mom forced me to eat vegetables even if it was living a bad taste in my mouth. I like them now. Bad test in your mouth is not the worst thing in the world if you want to stay healthy. And we look ill at the moment.

Arsenal won 3 out of 4 FA Cups during their banter years under Wenger at the end.

I doubt they want to go back to that instead of the past 2 seasons. They're close to the big time.

They even won an FA Cup while finishing 8th during Arteta's initial 5-6 months as manager. I doubt they swap last season or their current trajectory for those days.

The FA Cup has been devalued since about 20 years ago. Nice to win it, but 6 games out of a 50+ game season aren't the be all and end all.

Arteta does need to win a PL or CL either this season or next season to avoid being another Poch. Klopp had won both by end of his 5th season.

Gentle reminder that we are Manchester United and challenging for EPL every season is bare minimum for the club of this size. FA cups and EL are well and good but you use it as consolation trophies at best. This is why we will never be a real madrid, a barca or even a BM.

Right and I’m not arguing any different. I’m comparing Ten Hag who has two trophies with Moyes who dragged us down to 6th and Solskjaer who was nowhere near competing for the league in any of his three seasons.

Ten Hag has not been worse than either of them. It’s gone to shit and he needs to go but he has had tangible cup success alongside his failures in the league whereas both those managers had failures in the league and nothing beside it.

Erik, is that you?

He couldn't turn it around last season, this season has been a continuation of that despite very few injuries. So what is this hope based upon?

Right and I’m not arguing any different. I’m comparing Ten Hag who has two trophies with Moyes who dragged us down to 6th and Solskjaer who was nowhere near competing for the league in any of his three seasons.

Ten Hag has not been worse than either of them. It’s gone to shit and he needs to go but he has had tangible cup success alongside his failures in the league whereas both those managers had failures in the league and nothing beside it.
Ten Haag has been worse than Ole for sure .. he has been lucky to have 2 cups..
He broke his own record today of the worst start ever

There is absolutely no reason to get behind this manager.
I have a reason for standing behind the manager. he is the manager of the club I support.
Your standards are have slipped to relegation fodder.
You are right to say my standards have slipped and they have since Fergie left. We havent challenged for the league under 6 different managers since Fergie. We finished outside the top four in six seasons and we only won five trophies in 11 years and 2 of those won by ten hag. I am realistic about where we are as a club. As low as it may sound, my standard for this season is a top 4 finish and a good cup run or 5th place in the league and a Europa League win.

I just don't get how we go from "Ten Hag under pressure" to drawing the last two games - one a last gasp equaliser, and today's a pretty dull performance - and suddenly I'm seeing journos talking as if we've got the needed results playing swashbuckling stuff and turned the corner, with the manager now having secured his place.

is this where we're at?

I just don't get how we go from "Ten Hag under pressure" to drawing the last two games - one a last gasp equaliser, and today's a pretty dull performance - and suddenly I'm seeing journos talking as if we've got the needed results playing swashbuckling stuff and turned the corner, with the manager now having secured his place.

is this where we're at?

This was entirely predictable. The club is always looking for an excuse to keep the manager in his job - they got it.

I do wonder (if they're genuine) just how long some people would give a failing manager. Do they really have to see 5-6 years of the same shit before they'll realize he's not Fergie mk2.

There really is no point hoping for improved form, ETH is incapable of change he will setup and proceed in exactly the same way as the last 50 games, its clear his method concedes to many chances and creates to few, he is simply incapable. The guy couldn't even change his hairstyle if his life depended on it.

Ten Haag has been worse than Ole for sure .. he has been lucky to have 2 cups..
He broke his own record today of the worst start ever
He has won two cups. Ole won feck all and didn’t get us close in the league. Moyes took a side that won the league to 6th.

Our Europa League final loss was all down to Ole. It was pathetic. Ten Hag out foxed Guardiola and beat Liverpool on the way to that FA Cup.

I get that people are sick of him and want him sacked but I just don’t get the point in resorting to ridiculous arguments other than to vent your frustration. He’s been objectively more successful than both Solskjaer and Moyes. It’s ridiculous to claim he will be classed as having a worse tenure than either of them.

Not too much to ask?
feck me mate, sorry but you're delusional.
Yes I have been disillusioned since Fergie left and its been 11 years now. Every time we appoint a new manager I get optimistic thinking this could be the start of a new era. But the same cycle keep repeating itself. Maybe, just maybe with INEOS coming in we can finally return to the glory days.