Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ten Haag has been worse than Ole for sure .. he has been lucky to have 2 cups..
He broke his own record today of the worst start ever
He has won two cups. Ole won feck all and didn’t get us close in the league. Moyes took a side that won the league to 6th.

Our Europa League final loss was all down to Ole. It was pathetic. Ten Hag out foxed Guardiola and beat Liverpool on the way to that FA Cup.

I get that people are sick of him and want him sacked but I just don’t get the point in resorting to ridiculous arguments other than to vent your frustration. He’s been objectively more successful than both Solskjaer and Moyes. It’s ridiculous to claim he will be classed as having a worse tenure than either of them.

Not too much to ask?
feck me mate, sorry but you're delusional.
Yes I have been disillusioned since Fergie left and its been 11 years now. Every time we appoint a new manager I get optimistic thinking this could be the start of a new era. But the same cycle keep repeating itself. Maybe, just maybe with INEOS coming in we can finally return to the glory days.

I just don't get how we go from "Ten Hag under pressure" to drawing the last two games - one a last gasp equaliser, and today's a pretty dull performance - and suddenly I'm seeing journos talking as if we've got the needed results playing swashbuckling stuff and turned the corner, with the manager now having secured his place.

is this where we're at?
Manager knew he’d see out the international break if he avoided defeat today and played for the draw from minute 1

He’s cheated the players and the fans with that and put himself first. But it’ll work, of course. It’ll take a bad defeat before an international break to see him gone

Could finish 17th, win nout, and he’d probably keep his job if he wins the last game of the season

If we're looking back fondly on the tinpot cup against Newcastle 5, 10, 20+ years from now, it means the club fully imploded, went down a Leeds United pathway and never recovered. That is certainly on the cards if we keep Hag this season.

The only thing of value Hag has done is beat City to the FA cup. That was the one miracle amongst the past 20 months of steaming manure.

Right and I’m not arguing any different. I’m comparing Ten Hag who has two trophies with Moyes who dragged us down to 6th and Solskjaer who was nowhere near competing for the league in any of his three seasons.

Ten Hag has not been worse than either of them. It’s gone to shit and he needs to go but he has had tangible cup success alongside his failures in the league whereas both those managers had failures in the league and nothing beside it.
Got closer than ten Hag.

2nd place and 12 points behind City compared to ten Hag's 3rd place and 14 points behind City.

They're both losers at the end of the day. I never wanted Ole to be hired and have been ten Hag out for almost a year. A depressing 6.5 years since the Sevilla game at OT under Mourinho. The club has been in freefall ever since. The cult of manager has become a real thing over this time.

Right and I’m not arguing any different. I’m comparing Ten Hag who has two trophies with Moyes who dragged us down to 6th and Solskjaer who was nowhere near competing for the league in any of his three seasons.

Ten Hag has not been worse than either of them. It’s gone to shit and he needs to go but he has had tangible cup success alongside his failures in the league whereas both those managers had failures in the league and nothing beside it.
Completely acceptable points. But those trophies were at the back of horrible league and european runs. We are on course for even more horrible run of form in the league. Something has to be done. Its getting harder and harder to get back to the top. Forget the results, look at him during the match, post game interviews, he looks so bereft of ideas. He keep spewing the same thing over and over expecting magic from his 1 man midfield. Doesn't look like a man who can turn one goal deficit around, let alone turn our fortunes around. Letting him go now would be merciful. Not gonna happen but he is damaging the club more everyday.

If we're looking back fondly on the tinpot cup against Newcastle 5, 10, 20+ years from now, it means the club fully imploded, went down a Leeds United pathway and never recovered. That is certainly on the cards if we keep Hag this season.

The only thing of value Hag has done is beat City to the FA cup. That was the one miracle amongst the past 20 months of steaming manure.

Yup. That league cup win will only be remembered if that's one of 2-3 trophies we win in the next 50 years.

The 7-0 will be a permanent on the clubs history. The one game an entire generation of PL football fans will always remember.

Because they stuck with their manager through the tough times and allowed him to build. Just saying, I know you’ll be triggered. ;)
I don't really care what you think. You're posts in 2024 speak for themselves.

You don't get it and never will.

Yes I have been disillusioned since Fergie left and its been 11 years now. Every time we appoint a new manager I get optimistic thinking this could be the start of a new era. But the same cycle keep repeating itself. Maybe, just maybe with INEOS coming in we can finally return to the glory days.
I would love to return to the glory days, but Ten Hag is not the one who will take us there.
Hopefully the next one will, and if not then the one after that.

They will keep him now, lose important 2 weeks and then in a month they will sack him.
8 points from 7 games, without win for 5 games, all his signings look awful......big questions to Ineos if they keep him.

Absolute shit. But in 50 years time we will be counting two domestic trophies in our record when comparing against our rivals. I can promise you we won’t be discussing 2nd and 3rd place finishes.

In reality in 50 years nobody will be looking back and thinking "ah the good times when we won a few cups but were terrible in the league." And comparing trophy counts over the last several decades is a mug's game. I don't really care about what I or others will think in 50 years. I care most about what my team is doing now and how close they are to the real things that matter. I think United have the potential in the next ten years to be one of, if not the, best team in the world. So I'd prefer to be in Arsenal's position. Close to winning the league, in the Champions League, looking like we've made progress in the past 5 years. Winning a couple of domestic cups is enjoyable and fun, but it's dampened a lot by slipping down the league and being crap in Europe. That will eventually catch up to us too if it carries on and we'll stop winning those cups.

They will keep him now, lose important 2 weeks and then in a month they will sack him.
8 points from 7 games, without win for 5 games, all his signings look awful......big questions to Ineos if they keep him.
Yep I’ve backed them. But if Ten Hag leads the team out against Brentford, it’s on them. This isn’t a difficult decision if their genuine ambition is to win the league again in the near future

I have a reason for standing behind the manager. he is the manager of the club I support.

You are right to say my standards have slipped and they have since Fergie left. We havent challenged for the league under 6 different managers since Fergie. We finished outside the top four in six seasons and we only won five trophies in 11 years and 2 of those won by ten hag. I am realistic about where we are as a club. As low as it may sound, my standard for this season is a top 4 finish and a good cup run or 5th place in the league and a Europa League win.

Do you honestly expect us to make top 4 considering how better and far ahead the top 6-7 clubs are of us? This season will be as bad as last or worse if we persist with this lost cause of a project under Ten Hag

Did you miss the win against Barcelona? Great night.
What about the carabao cup win? Granted we dipped a bit in the league after that but it was still a good day.
I quite enjoyed beating Liverpool in the cup run too. We’ve had plenty of good time with ten Hag, I know you are an ‘all in’ kinda guy and heavy on the hyperbole but that comment I’ve quoted is an out and out lie.

Changed to sack.
Hes not even getting the best out of new signings. Is Ugarte now suddenly deadwood?

Doesn’t drop or sub Bruno.

He couldn't turn it around last season, this season has been a continuation of that despite very few injuries. So what is this hope based upon?
Last season the club decided to keep him so I accept the judgement of the new football leadership. My hope now is based on his track record as a manager and the improved performances I have seen this season. I would argue that we have been a bit unlucky against City in the Community Shield and against Brighton and Palace in the league. With a bit of luck we could have won those games. Most people predicted we would lose badly against Porto and Villa yet we put up a fight. As I been saying let see how we perform in the next few games.

In the league he most certainly has been worse than both and thats ultimately what will decide his fate. He's been dogshit in Europe as well to be fair worse than both of those managers.

Did you miss the win against Barcelona? Great night.
What about the carabao cup win? Granted we dipped a bit in the league after that but it was still a good day.
I quite enjoyed beating Liverpool in the cup run too. We’ve had plenty of good time with ten Hag, I know you’ll are an ‘all in’ kinda guy and heavy on the hyperbole but that comment I’ve quoted is an out and out lie.

'Dipped a bit in the league' :lol:

7-0 overwrites the league cup on its own. If we're talking about legacies, Ten Hag's will boil down to one good result yielding one feel-good trophy win. Even that ended up tainted by keeping him as manager and the embarrassing fallout afterwards that brought early doubts on the new ownership.

Wish I could post media on here because I've been playing with the some United data and it's pretty interesting seeing how ETH started pretty good and maintained our best win rate under any manager since SAF till about the half way point in his tenure, then things fell off a cliff. Also, his current win rate overall is worse than Jose's, only slightly ahead of Ole. The trend over the second half of his tenure (~last 60 games) is shocking.

I also looked at goals, since the impression is that we keep getting spanked and leak goals like crazy. Here, ETH record is absolutely terrible, way behind Ole and Jose, and even behind LVG. He started out ok but fell off quick, and now, 124 games in, is behind LVG at the same point, and way, way, behind Ole and Jose.

What concerns me most the trend seems to be going one way. I don't know why we would expect the next, say 20 matches, to look different than the last 60 odd matches.

Reactions: Cheimoon
He didn't build the midfield that can score. Rashford and Bruno are just pale shadow of their peak form. Wingers are inexperienced and then on top of it we bought inexperienced strikers too. I don't see this team will suddenly start scoring even we change the manager.

Last season the club decided to keep him so I accept the judgement of the new football leadership. My hope now is based on his track record as a manager and the improved performances I have seen this season. I would argue that we have been a bit unlucky against City in the Community Shield and against Brighton and Palace in the league. With a bit of luck we could have won those games. Most people predicted we would lose badly against Porto and Villa yet we put up a fight. As I been saying let see how we perform in the next few games.
The Community Shield is a glorified friendly. Pep usually loses it, so fair play to Erik for giving him a win.

Palace was an even game by the end. A fair result.

He literally blew a 2-0 lead vs Porto and produced one of the worst PL games in living memory today. Fair result. Both teams played like shit.

There hasn't been an improvement in performances this season. United are still a chaotic mess with the opposition having chances. Even Southampton looked very dangerous for 30 mins in that game.

I really don't understand how you've convinced yourself that this season hasn't been a disaster so far on the back of a very poor season. We'd piss ourselves laughing if this was happening at Liverpool.

He didn't build the midfield that can score. Rashford and Bruno are just pale shadow of their peak form. Wingers are inexperienced and then on top of it we bought inexperienced strikers too. I don't see this team will suddenly start scoring even we change the manager.
Which might make it difficult to find someone with ambition who fancies the job. Our squad was not great and they have let ETH makes it even worse.

Well, you can think the solution is to break the cycle once for all. But I am not so sure that’s the solution. We have been trough it all; players, managers, lack of footballing management, etc. Is it a possibility that we just chose the wrong managers?

I have a reason for standing behind the manager. he is the manager of the club I support.

You are right to say my standards have slipped and they have since Fergie left. We havent challenged for the league under 6 different managers since Fergie. We finished outside the top four in six seasons and we only won five trophies in 11 years and 2 of those won by ten hag. I am realistic about where we are as a club. As low as it may sound, my standard for this season is a top 4 finish and a good cup run or 5th place in the league and a Europa League win.
This has been done to death. We have had four managers before Ten Hag. None of them good enough.
Van Gaal and Jose hired far too late in their carreers both past it at the time of appointment.
Neither have achieved anything after us.
Ole and Moyes nowhere near the level required to manage us obviously.
Neither have achieved anything after us.
ETH with a reputation build on a champions league run that ended by beeing knocked out by Tottenham and also obviously not good enough.
Why is it so hard to understand that we simply made 5 bad choices over the last decade as far as appointing managers go.

We kept a clean sheet, I don't think the centre back switch was the problem. I would instead point to the fact we didn't score a goal.

sure, but the results show zero consistency. You MUST have a settled back 4 and goalkeeper - they will never adjust with the constant rotation.

Oh hey, I just noticed you managed to get promoted. Good work!
(Btw it’s your not you’re, I am not a post)
I was promoted months ago and stopped posting before The FA Cup final.

Just needed to check in on how the ten Hag in brigade were getting on.

That 45 minutes against Palace that yielded zero goals is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that regard. Outside of that for me it's been more of the same shite that was served up all last season. We can't defend and we're toothless in attack which isn't an ideal combination in football.

I am genuinely baffled how anyone would be eager to see more of this insipid crap. If it's taken 2+ seasons for him to turn us into a bottom half side in relegation form. How long will this imagined march back up the hill actually take? Do you think there's any chance of him finsihing top 4 this season?

Are we now building towards challenging for top 4 next year in his 4th season instead? So by year 5 of the Ten Hag era we'll be where exactly? Still hoping to finish 3rd-4th? Maybe flirting with a title challenge by year 6 or 7?

Ridiculous if that feeble draw saves his job. We played like a team battling relegation today, oh wait nevermind that's what we are.

That 45 minutes against Palace that yielded zero goals is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that regard. Outside of that for me it's been more of the same shite that was served up all last season. We can't defend and we're toothless in attack which isn't an ideal combination in football.

I am genuinely baffled how anyone would be eager to see more of this insipid crap. If it's taken 2+ seasons for him to turn us into a bottom half side in relegation form. How long will this imagined march back up the hill actually take? Do you think there's any chance of him finsihing top 4 this season?

Are we now building towards challenging for top 4 next year in his 4th season instead? So by year 5 of the Ten Hag era we'll be where exactly? Still hoping to finish 3rd-4th? Maybe flirting with a title challenge by year 6 or 7?
There has been a fair bit of exaggerating on both sides of the camp. Whilst we aren't playing CL quality football we also aren't as consistently bad as what's been painted. The Liverpool and Spurs game were extremely damaging to the image, but Southampton, Palace, Villa and extended periods of Fulham+Brighton were better.

No one is happy with that level by the way, it obviously needs to be better than that too.