Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Really? Then Liverpool thumping us by 7 didn’t register?

The defeat by bottom of the table sides has always happened now and again. Remember us getting thumped by QPR under Fergie?
Oh it did, but we were in the top 4, finishing 3rd that season. And under Fergie we were winning league titles.

We lost by 5 to Liverpool under Ole too,if I recall correctly. And the 4 goals shipped to bottom of the table sides soon after for me was the biggest low, and in that season we were cooked and sizzled in the league.

Todays going to be a good day. Suns shining. Woke up without a hangover. And this will hopefully be the last game of the Pep Guardiola is my idol.

True or not, I heard on Sky Sports there is a meeting of the hierarchy on Tuedsay and the Glazers are flying back.
Surely whatever the result today he's finally gone.

Wow, another ETH supporter? Can you tell me why he lost so many games? Why are we constantly beaten by teams at the top while struggling to beat mid-tier teams? I think he is probably a tactical genius who is just unlucky in the last 3 years with 600 billion spent.
600 billion?? :lol: :lol:
A little bit prone to exaggeration I think but nothing surprises me on here :eek:

Kompany, Slot, Maresca? Come on mate. ETH needs to go, he’s a complete failure. Regardless of who’s out there, he is doing the worst job imaginable in the league and Europe when taking into account spend.

The worst.
So you name three managers who have just moved to new clubs and been successful. I asked who will do that here?

Comparing us to Liverpool or Bayern is crazy. The idea that taking over us now is comparable to those two clubs is nuts. I think they two of the best run clubs around.

Chelsea are having a good spell, and if that's all you want ETH did that here in season one.

Like I've said, it's obvious what we are watching is horrendous but isn't one realistic name. Tuchel has already said no and Alonso won't come here.

If he's sacked I won't be one bit surprised and there is zero evidence that it'd be the wrong decision but the idea Ineos are only keeping him because they lack balls or competency is mad. We all know if the right candidate was available he'd be our new manager.

Unless there's a manager that is available right now with the legitimate potential to turn this club into title challengers in a couple of years we might have to appoint an interim for the season.

I'd rather we waste 8 months and appoint a manager at the end of the season that might be able to turn the club around than appoint some freebie that no one else wants now eg Tuchel, Southgate or Potter

I would take Tuchel right now, however if we burnt those bridges in summer then going interim instead

True or not, I heard on Sky Sports there is a meeting of the hierarchy on Tuedsay and the Glazers are flying back.
Just fyi - it has been reported, that this is a regular meeting that has been scheduled way before the latest results or events. So it doesn't have the character of an emergency meeting at all.

Oh it did, but we were in the top 4, finishing 3rd that season. And under Fergie we were winning league titles.

We lost by 5 to Liverpool under Ole too,if I recall correctly. And the 4 goals shipped to bottom of the table sides soon after for me was the biggest low, and in that season we were cooked and sizzled in the league.
Each to their own I suppose. That 7 against Liverpool is my worst. Not only the result, the way the players gave up, didn’t fight to keep the score down. The body language of the captain Bruno. If we’d had any standards ETH would have been sacked after that match. Its not acceptable for Manchester United to concede 7 in that manner, never mind to our biggest rivals

Wow, another ETH supporter? Can you tell me why he lost so many games? Why are we constantly beaten by teams at the top while struggling to beat mid-tier teams? I think he is probably a tactical genius who is just unlucky in the last 3 years with 600 billion spent.

He did come up with a brilliant tactical plan in the final.

He also doesn't want to change from his best transition team plan he came up with under Murtough which has lead to so many thrashings, and getting beat by newcomer managers.

He supposedly looked back at past United teams and wants to bring fast attacking football for the fans, edge of the seat stuff. His first Ajax team was also similar but I think it's very dependent on players that can be clinical and cover the spaces left. There's an element of truth that the fans wouldn't enjoy possession football but also his looking back misinterprets what our past sides did and his own attacking style seems quite flawed outside of an ideal 11 at their peak.

It's clear we can't carry on with his transition plan, he either adapts or we have to sack him. We can find a middle ground to be more disciplined, Bruno was excellent in the final, he can play that way and be creative, it will even help our players like Rashford and Hojlund that want to run at defences that have been brought forward instead of facing already set lines.

The whole Premier League other than Villa fans will be rooting for us today, which really tells you a lot about how great Ten Hag is.

I won't be expecting anything to happen if we lose. I think we'll be sticking with him until we end up either mathematically out of everything, or if we somehow ended up fighting relegation. Otherwise I think he's here to stay.

Yeah the rest of league want him here long as possible

I’m not defending ETH and I want him sacked so we can move forward but some posts and online saying he’s the worse manager in prem etc. Emery, postecoglou, arteta and even slot, have all transformed there teams in a year or 2 but none of them have won anything. ETH came 3rd and got to 2 finals in his first season more than any other prem manager did in their first year. Spurs and arsenal fans make me laugh, seem to pipe up a lot yet we’ve won more in the last 10 years than both of them put together. Our last 10 year trophies is most teams golden era.

I’m not defending ETH and I want him sacked so we can move forward but some posts and online saying he’s the worse manager in prem etc. Emery, postecoglou, arteta and even slot, have all transformed there teams in a year or 2 but none of them have won anything. ETH came 3rd and got to 2 finals in his first season more than any other prem manager did in their first year. Spurs and arsenal fans make me laugh, seem to pipe up a lot yet we’ve won more in the last 10 years than both of them put together. Our last 10 year trophies is most teams golden era.
Knockout cups can be won by anyone really.

The true level can be seen in league results over the last year.

Knockout cups can be won by anyone really.

The true level can be seen in league results over the last year.
True. But Arsenal and Spurs can’t win them cups. Despite having better managers. I just think people can be a bit harsh. He needs to leave obviously but he’s done more than the likes of Arteta who stays in a job because his club are happy he keeps winning the ‘we nearly won the league trophy’

Each to their own I suppose. That 7 against Liverpool is my worst. Not only the result, the way the players gave up, didn’t fight to keep the score down. The body language of the captain Bruno. If we’d had any standards ETH would have been sacked after that match. Its not acceptable for Manchester United to concede 7 in that manner, never mind to our biggest rivals
For me we were worse in the 5 shipped to Liverpool under Ole.

Shots and all that was not too different, though XG in the 7-0 massively flattered Liverpool. But that game was at Anfield and we were thumped 5-0 under Ole on our own turf which hits differently. And for me we looked completely devoid all the same. The 7-0 felt more petulance and stupidity. Both terrible but at least in that fixture we knew full well it was an anomaly result of that campaign.

I cannot say the same about the 5-0. It got worse after with Watford.

True. But Arsenal and Spurs can’t win them cups. Despite having better managers. I just think people can be a bit harsh. He needs to leave obviously but he’s done more than the likes of Arteta who stays in a job because his club are happy he keeps winning the ‘we nearly won the league trophy’
Over the last year, Manchester United has the worst head-to-head record among the "big six" clubs, winning just 1 out of 10 games, drawing 3, and losing 6, which equates to only 6 points from these crucial fixtures. This includes defeats to key rivals like Arsenal, Liverpool, and Tottenham.

Mikel Arteta's Arsenal performed the best with an unbeaten record in "big six" clashes.

He did come up with a brilliant tactical plan in the final.

He also doesn't want to change from his best transition team plan he came up with under Murtough which has lead to so many thrashings, and getting beat by newcomer managers.

He supposedly looked back at past United teams and wants to bring fast attacking football for the fans, edge of the seat stuff. His first Ajax team was also similar but I think it's very dependent on players that can be clinical and cover the spaces left. There's an element of truth that the fans wouldn't enjoy possession football but also his looking back misinterprets what our past sides did and his own attacking style seems quite flawed outside of an ideal 11 at their peak.

It's clear we can't carry on with his transition plan, he either adapts or we have to sack him. We can find a middle ground to be more disciplined, Bruno was excellent in the final, he can play that way and be creative, it will even help our players like Rashford and Hojlund that want to run at defences that have been brought forward instead of facing already set lines.

You'd have to wonder which matches he actually watched. As the team he's built bears little similarity to the Ferguson teams of old.

Last edited:
The other difference is, Arsenal look on the verge of winning the PL. the players have bought in and you can see clear progression. ETH cannot say that.

Well Arteta did win FA cup in his debut season. So “has done more” in your definition means “won a mighty Carabao Cup”?

It’s a long standing date. It’s just coincidence that we are terrible and Erik is under pressure.
They meet monthly.
A date to meet when there's a break for internationals was probably long set irrespective.

That being said I'm sure managerial situation has pushed itself on the agenda.

The tactics in the cup final was a collaborate thing from what I recall.
The players had a fair amount of input in the set up and playing style in that game.

Because that CL run was a fluke. Everyone loves to point out that Ajax side beating Juve and Madrid but conveniently forget they also bottled a 3-0 aggregate lead in the semi-final. They shipped 3 goals to Tottenham in 45 minutes. In their own stadium. That 45 minutes has all the hallmarks of an ETH coached side. The warnings signs have been there. But the football world wanks itself to death every time a Dutch manager strings together a few Eredivisie titles because of total football or something.
The season when he trashed Sporting and Dortmund twice was 21/22 season. That was different season than 18/19 so it wasn’t fluke.

That would have to mean a huge percentage that want him gone would have voted for him to come here in the first place which just cracks me up.
While I wasn't completely sold on him myself before he came, he was worth a try. Just because anyone wanted him in the first place doesn't mean they have to stick by him forever while he completely ruins us (like some are).

The other difference is, Arsenal look on the verge of winning the PL. the players have bought in and you can see clear progression. ETH cannot say that.
Not a single player brought in has improved or impressed consistently.
You can certainly argue the case that no player has improved under his management. Which is absolutely nuts in 2 yrs.

He has fooled a lot of fans into thinking we are making progress this season with how we have played in spells during certain matches this season but they forget that is based on comparing how low he took us last season, a slight improvement on last season should not be deemed acceptable.

we should be seeing a big improvement because there are no excuses like he tried to use last season to cover up his abysmal coaching from last season.

Motivate the team??
These are highly paid elite footballers and motivation should never be an issue.
The absolute least we should expect from these highly paid individuals is that when it comes to training or on Matchday we have a squad that the manager can direct highly motivated disciplined players into a game plan devised by him and his coaching staff to get a result.
If only it was that simple.

Don't forget that ten Hag actually caused much more damage to the club than just coaching the team badly. He is responsible for the signing of real "superstars" like a totally clueless Antony, the invisible Malacia and so on. Apparently his only criteria was that he knew the player from the Netherlands. Since he arrived, the club signed 21 players, most of them with his recommendation, paid more than 600 euros (!!!) and we're literally worse than ever. INEOS should stop this guy from from causing more damage to the club, in fact they should have done it already. No coincidence that one of our greats, Dwight Yorke stated that this years United is the worst in PL history.

I would take Tuchel right now, however if we burnt those bridges in summer then going interim instead
Tuchel isn't the answer either. He falls out with everyone everywhere he goes. In 2 years or less he'll have fallen out with the hierarchy and we'll be back to square one

That would have to mean a huge percentage that want him gone would have voted for him to come here in the first place which just cracks me up.
Why?

It takes an incredibly weak person to double-down on their original belief despite all evidence coming forward to show that they were wrong. Anybody who can't change their opinions when new facts come to light is a sad case.

At the time we signed him it appeared he was the best chance of turning things around. He got his chance and showed that he wasn't the right man, so now people want him sacked and give somebody else the chance.

Don't forget that ten Hag actually caused much more damage to the club than just coaching the team badly. He is responsible for the signing of real "superstars" like a totally clueless Antony, the invisible Malacia and so on. Apparently his only criteria was that he knew the player from the Netherlands. Since he arrived, the club signed 21 players, most of them with his recommendation, paid more than 600 euros (!!!) and we're literally worse than ever. INEOS should stop this guy from from causing more damage to the club, in fact they should have done it already. No coincidence that one of our greats, Dwight Yorke stated that this years United is the worst in PL history.
harsh on malacia, he’s had a very bad injury and been out with it for over a year

Tuchel isn't the answer either. He falls out with everyone everywhere he goes. In 2 years or less he'll have fallen out with the hierarchy and we'll be back to square one

So if you had to appoint now who would it be or prefer to wait until end of season with more options

I just don't have a good feeling on Tuchel. For me, though I think he'll bring a stability to the side, it just feels like a backwards step.

While I wasn't completely sold on him myself before he came, he was worth a try. Just because anyone wanted him in the first place doesn't mean they have to stick by him forever while he completely ruins us (like some are).
No one is saying forever but for a manager to surpass expectation in his first season and then not so good in the second but still win the biggest domestic Cup in the world beating arguably the best team in world football in the process is hardly ruining the club.
It was not so long ago that we were saying this was the best transfer window we have had in years but now it is a disaster...you could not make this shit up:nervous:

Arsenal took 2.5 seasons and were out of the CL for 3 before they made a huge and frankly unexpected leap.

I agree ten hags United would need to show more this season, a lot more, to be comparable to that 5th place finish from Arteta. However no manager here will get the time and space Arteta did at Arsenal to get his methods put in. There's an expectation to get it in place and win games in tandem, which just makes the job a lot harder. If Arteta were here he would last beyond his first full season.