Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't believe sacking is the right choice. ten Hag isn't a bad coach. We've had a shite start to the season and we've had struggles throughout his tenure. But there's just too many factors involved that I can't just point to ten Hag and say he's shite. Had an okay first season, a mindblowing difficult 2nd season and a very bad start to his 3rd, but the season is still young and if ten Hag and the players can push through I wholeheartedly believe we'll finish in a good spot. There is however the chance that everything turns rotten if we don't start getting a few results and a sacking wouldn't be without merit. But we've just sacked so many managers and it's never solved anything whatsoever.

If something isn't working after 3 months you give it time. If something still isn't working after 2 full years you have to start looking at a change. Other teams manage to play decent football with less talent available. To me winning isn't everything, but playing good exciting football is. That's why I love football. He would have my backing if we played good football but didn't win every game as long as there was progress. There is no progress in fact there is regression. Time for a change unfortunately.

One day closer to being rid of one of the worst managers I've ever seen in the English leagues. The bloke is stubborn to a fault, inflexible, tactically inept, has zero in game management, lacks any charisma, lacks accountability for his failings, relies on luck above ability, and despite all of this has managed to create a cult-like persona where masses of sheep make excuses for him. Overall a total nightmare appointment and one I'll celebrate the end of

I went out for drinks last night with a few lads. Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea fans etc.

They were all laughing and joking around and all agreed that they will be supporting Utd against Villa to prolong ETHs reign.

One day closer to being rid of one of the worst managers I've ever seen in the English leagues. The bloke is stubborn to a fault, inflexible, tactically inept, has zero in game management, lacks any charisma, lacks accountability for his failings, relies on luck above ability, and despite all of this has managed to create a cult-like persona where masses of sheep make excuses for him. Overall a total nightmare appointment and one I'll celebrate the end of
How does a tactically inept manager formulate a plan to beat arguably the best club side in the world in the biggest domestic Cup competition in the world with a team that finished eight places lower on the table?

Does anyone actually believe RVN would improve things?

I don't think he would make any difference at all.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had us finishing 3rd and 2nd. This current manager has us in 14th position. I think we need to stop overreacting how good of a manager ETH is.

Frank De Boer won as many if not more Eredivisie than him and he lasted 3 months at Inter because they couldn’t believe how poor of a coach he actually was.

3 months!! We would have kept him for 2 years.

How does a tactically inept manager formulate a plan to beat arguably the best club side in the world in the biggest domestic Cup competition in the world with a team that finished eight places lower on the table?
I don't need to point out the glaring flaws with this post

No, I don't. They already fecked up on that front in the summer. If they couldn't see Ten Hag isn't good enough, how are they going to recognise someone who is? Of course, we have to hope that they can. But for me, Ruud van Niseltrooy isn't it.

Yes. A permanent manager would use this freebie season to prepare for next season. An interim means a completely pointless 8 months. And Ruud van Niseltrooy isn't a good enough manager to place the club higher. And an interim status would hardly be of help. And a personal concern of mine is that if he somehow does well, he will be given the position on a permanent basis. Another bad idea.

I don’t think Ruud would be an interim I reckon he’d just step up whilst we hire someone, I don’t think we’d wait for the new season.

More caretaker.

The same way Roberto Martinez did it for Wigan.

Or how Di Matteo for Chelsea did against the great Jupp Heynckes.

Or how Alex McLeish for Birmingham it against Arsene Wenger for the League Cup.

It’s a one off game. Let’s get Di Matteo in to manage us if it means that much!

Final day of this never-ending nightmare. This day should've come a year ago but let's dwell on that on a day like this.

Getting rid of the rotten odor of the previous era will be so pleasant. This is the worst it'll ever get. This is our floor. Time to start the long journey back up again.

Final day of this never-ending nightmare. This day should've come a year ago but let's dwell on that on a day like this.

Getting rid of the rotten odor of the previous era will be so pleasant. This is the worst it'll ever get. This is our floor. Time to start the long journey back up again.
Final day of something that is never ending :lol:
About a year ago we were just starting out in Erik's second season after a good first.

I find it hard to see Ten Hag as manager going into the international break regardless of today’s result. But how is everyone else feeling?

Does he go today/tomorrow regardless of what happens today?

Can anyone see a win buying him time?

Can some people see Ineos sticking with him even if Villa give us a good beating?

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had us finishing 3rd and 2nd. This current manager has us in 14th position. I think we need to stop overreacting how good of a manager ETH is.

Frank De Boer won as many if not more Eredivisie than him and he lasted 3 months at Inter because they couldn’t believe how poor of a coach he actually was.

3 months!! We would have kept him for 2 years.
Lasted less at Palace I think

I didn't say the worst under Ten Hag is better than the best under Ole.

I dont think we've been as bad in a single game where we were thumped by a bottom of the table side though.
Really? Then Liverpool thumping us by 7 didn’t register?

The defeat by bottom of the table sides has always happened now and again. Remember us getting thumped by QPR under Fergie?

The biggest problem tactics aside is how every team we play seems more motivated, presses harder, attacks with more energy. We had a spell in his first season where we defended especially with real energy and determination but now it seems like the team sleepwalk through every game while he stands motionless on the touchline. It doesn't seem like he can motivate the team, compounded by the fact we concede early in either half it's as if his team talks suck the energy out of the players.

The biggest problem tactics aside is how every team we play seems more motivated, presses harder, attacks with more energy. We had a spell in his first season where we defended especially with real energy and determination but now it seems like the team sleepwalk through every game while he stands motionless on the touchline. It doesn't seem like he can motivate the team, compounded by the fact we concede early in either half it's as if his team talks suck the energy out of the players.
Motivate the team??
These are highly paid elite footballers and motivation should never be an issue.
The absolute least we should expect from these highly paid individuals is that when it comes to training or on Matchday we have a squad that the manager can direct highly motivated disciplined players into a game plan devised by him and his coaching staff to get a result.

I’m happy that at least we have a young team so the next coach can hopefully get a lot out of them.

Every game we concede goals the same way, surely even the biggest ETH fans can see that. At the very least if the players are not following your instructions then drop them, but he still plays his favourites. He can’t hide behind injuries now and we are on the verge of 7 points in 7 games. That is utterly disgraceful. His in game management has also been incredibly poor and it’s clear he is unable to inspire. Some of the players can feck off too.

Motivate the team??
These are highly paid elite footballers and motivation should never be an issue.
The absolute least we should expect from these highly paid individuals is that when it comes to training or on Matchday we have a squad that the manager can direct highly motivated disciplined players into a game plan devised by him and his coaching staff to get a result.
Motivation isn't just something you can conjure out of your professionalism. It also includes belief and confidence. And if your intelligence tells you the plan you're being asked to execute isn't a good one, and that judgment is confirmed by experience, then your motivation will suffer. It doesn't matter how many millions you make.

At this stage I think there is clearly enough evidence to say thus is going nowhere. No manager operates in perfect circumstances

Problem is ineos shat the bed over the decison in the summer and it will make it hard for anyone to come in mid season
I think we just look at it differently. Judging him on last season is very difficult for me as we just had so many crucial and constant injuries. We're trying something different this season. People have been complaining about a visible style of play or approach and I am seeing that now. Does it work at the very moment? Nope. Is he at fault? Yup. Are the players at fault? Yup, very much indeed. So many individual errors are just a mare to watch. But I think there's potential if the players start gaining some confidence and we stack up some results with some good perfomances.

But the start of this season haven't been good enough at all and if the results doesn't start coming he can't complain a sack at all. Will it help us? Probably not.

I think we just look at it differently. Judging him on last season is very difficult for me as we just had so many crucial and constant injuries. We're trying something different this season. People have been complaining about a visible style of play or approach and I am seeing that now. Does it work at the very moment? Nope. Is he at fault? Yup. Are the players at fault? Yup, very much indeed. So many individual errors are just a mare to watch. But I think there's potential if the players start gaining some confidence and we stack up some results with some good perfomances.

But the start of this season haven't been good enough at all and if the results doesn't start coming he can't complain a sack at all. Will it help us? Probably not.

Judging him from last season is very difficult? Not at all, sorry. Several other teams were plagued by injuries also. For instance Newcastle, they had so many injuries that at one point the 17 years old Lewis Miley started 10+ matches, yet still, they played a lot more entertaining football, scored 85 goals compared to our ridicilous 57, not to mention Brentford, the team with the most injuries last season. They still managed to avoid relegation and I've never heard Frank whining about injuries just like ten Hag did constantly. And on top of that, I've seen some statistics about which team's players missed the most days due to injury last season, and United were only 7th. (Brentford were 1st). But I could mention Tottenham, at one point EIGHT out of their starting 11 playes were sidelined due to injury, they still managed to finish 5th even without Harry Kane. And so on. This season, don't even mention it. The worst ever in PL history, despite another few hundred million spent. He is a totally clueless, yet arrogant manager, a real disgrace for the club.

The whole Premier League other than Villa fans will be rooting for us today, which really tells you a lot about how great Ten Hag is.

I won't be expecting anything to happen if we lose. I think we'll be sticking with him until we end up either mathematically out of everything, or if we somehow ended up fighting relegation. Otherwise I think he's here to stay.

Wow, another ETH supporter? Can you tell me why he lost so many games? Why are we constantly beaten by teams at the top while struggling to beat mid-tier teams? I think he is probably a tactical genius who is just unlucky in the last 3 years with 600 billion spent.

Well said. The worst United manager ever

Fantastic logic all round there

Motivation isn't just something you can conjure out of your professionalism. It also includes belief and confidence. And if your intelligence tells you the plan you're being asked to execute isn't a good one, and that judgment is confirmed by experience, then your motivation will suffer. It doesn't matter how many millions you make.
These are footballers buddy....not scientists.

I’m happy that at least we have a young team so the next coach can hopefully get a lot out of them.

Every game we concede goals the same way, surely even the biggest ETH fans can see that. At the very least if the players are not following your instructions then drop them, but he still plays his favourites. He can’t hide behind injuries now and we are on the verge of 7 points in 7 games. That is utterly disgraceful. His in game management has also been incredibly poor and it’s clear he is unable to inspire. Some of the players can feck off too.

Well as well as blaming the injuries for our shocking perfromances last season. Ten Hag and his coaches were also briefing the press last year that the defenders weren't following his instructions and that's why they were sitting so deep creating a chasm between themselves and midfield that teams were exploiting. Well now we have a back 4 consisting of 3 of his former Ajax players and yet the issue persists to an extent so maybe they were following instructions after all.

Stop posting on here and focus on today's game, Erik.

While I'm delighted that today is hopefully the end of ETH's reign, the worst I've ever seen at United in my lifetime, I find it incredibly disrespectful for INEOS to have let it get to this point. Where we're celebrating a day in which we've absolutely no chance of three points while sitting at the bottom half of the table. It's utterly disgraceful the way it's been handled after winning the FA Cup. No matter how long it took them to settle, there was nothing to analyse if you watched just a few of our games last season.

Last edited:
This. Sums up pretty much how I feel.

Does anyone actually believe RVN would improve things?

I don't think he would make any difference at all.
Almost impossible to be worse but we definitely shouldn't be writing the season off by having him as interim all season.

Nobody would be asking for him to come in if he wasn't already in the building. It's the cheap option.