Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Centre back pairing doesn't matter a jot when you continue to select a midfield that just gets run through.

Look I don't disagree with the decision on the face of it, they've both been awful recently. All I'm saying is it's basically an admittance on his part that the players he's signed to build his defence around aren't working and/or he doesn't know how to get the best out of them as a pair.
Think its admittance that they are terribly off form yeah. And thats not a good look.

2 or 3 places difference.
Not quote. One went on to get relegated finishing 19th. The other went on to have a very good season. The difference in quality was bigger than that snapshot.

No manager should have survived getting battered 7-0 by their hated rivals.

He has wasted hundreds of millions and numerous seasons.

This is a horrible feeling, isn't it?

Obviously we all naturally want to win, but realistically that will mean another month or two of absolute garbage, of hating every weekend. Meh.

He should be gone even if we somehow win. The fact he's dropped both of his big money centre back signings for the likes of Evans and Maguire is utterly insane.

Yeah, then Ole went on a run winning 1 from 7.

I agree on Ten Hag being extended in shite form, but I don't think he had a run where it was 1 win from 7. If he had that now (he's roughly at the same point Ole was) then yeah I'm sure he'd be sacked. He should be sacked sooner than that.

They weren't far off it. They were a lot closer to that point than any of the mid table sides you named.

Last 75 Games (all comps):
Manager​
Games​
W​
W%​
D​
D%​
L​
L%​
GF​
GA​
GD​
ETH​
75​
36​
48.0%​
12​
16.0%​
27​
36.0%​
122​
111​
11​
OLE​
75​
40​
53.3%​
16​
21.3%​
19​
25.3%​
142​
92​
50​

Last 50 Games (all comps):
Manager​
Games​
W​
W%​
D​
D%​
L​
L%​
GF​
GA​
GD​
ETH​
50​
23​
46.0%​
10​
20.0%​
17​
34.0%​
86​
78​
8​
OLE​
50​
24​
48.0%​
13​
26.0%​
13​
26.0%​
91​
61​
30​

Last 25 Games (all comps):
Manager​
Games​
W​
W%​
D​
D%​
L​
L%​
GF​
GA​
GD​
ETH​
25​
10​
40.0%​
7​
28.0%​
8​
32.0%​
47​
42​
5​
OLE​
25​
10​
40.0%​
4​
16.0%​
11​
44.0%​
46​
44​
2​

Yeah, you are actually right, statistically we were a little bit worse in the final days of Oles era. But you can also see that ETH's been worse longer term. Both records are shite though, 53% win rate isn't anything to laud about. ETH's kept fairly consistent with losing a third of his games and struggling for GD.

Hopefully this thread will be closed soon and we can all finally move on.

Last 75 Games (all comps):
Manager​
Games​
W​
W%​
D​
D%​
L​
L%​
GF​
GA​
GD​
ETH​
75​
36​
48.0%​
12​
16.0%​
27​
36.0%​
122​
111​
11​
OLE​
75​
40​
53.3%​
16​
21.3%​
19​
25.3%​
142​
92​
50​

Last 50 Games (all comps):
Manager​
Games​
W​
W%​
D​
D%​
L​
L%​
GF​
GA​
GD​
ETH​
50​
23​
46.0%​
10​
20.0%​
17​
34.0%​
86​
78​
8​
OLE​
50​
24​
48.0%​
13​
26.0%​
13​
26.0%​
91​
61​
30​

Last 25 Games (all comps):
Manager​
Games​
W​
W%​
D​
D%​
L​
L%​
GF​
GA​
GD​
ETH​
25​
10​
40.0%​
7​
28.0%​
8​
32.0%​
47​
42​
5​
OLE​
25​
10​
40.0%​
4​
16.0%​
11​
44.0%​
46​
44​
2​

Yeah, you are actually right, statistically we were a little bit worse in the final days of Oles era. But you can also see that ETH's been worse longer term. Both records are shite though, 53% win rate isn't anything to laud about. ETH's kept fairly consistent with losing a third of his games and struggling for GD.

Hopefully this thread will be closed soon and we can all finally move on.
Yeah, It's really not a good look for either managers to put it mildly. When I first argued for Ten Hag it was because it was too early for me to rule him out. And then of course there is some element of anchoring bias especially after he won the FA Cup. That being said my stance THIS season has been he needs to show immediate improvements in performance (if not both performance and results).

He hasn't done that and the writing is on the wall. I've voted to sack, the only scenario that makes me not want to sack him this minute is if he produces a very encouraging game today ahead of a good fixture run. But everyone knows this isn't happening, and both sides of the camp can finally just look ahead.

Goal difference of 11, 8 and 5. Christ, ETH is the worst.

Yeah, It's really not a good look for either managers to put it mildly. When I first argued for Ten Hag it was because it was too early for me to rule him out. And then of course there is some element of anchoring bias especially after he won the FA Cup. That being said my stance THIS season has been he needs to show immediate improvements in performance (if not both performance and results).

He hasn't done that and the writing is on the wall. I've voted to sack, the only scenario that makes me not want to sack him this minute is if he produces a very encouraging game today ahead of a good fixture run. But everyone knows this isn't happening, and both sides of the camp can finally just look ahead.

What does a good fixture list matter? We've already played Fulham, Brighton, Palace, a weakened Spurs and Liverpool under a new manager. That's not exactly the toughest fixture list, and we've come out of it absolutely battered and bruised.

I hope I'm wrong but that lineup looks like he wants us to get destroyed today

What does a good fixture list matter? We've already played Fulham, Brighton, Palace, a weakened Spurs and Liverpool under a new manager. That's not exactly the toughest fixture list, and we've come out of it absolutely battered and bruised.
I think Fulham, Brighton away, Liverpool, Spurs and Villa away aren't necessarily part of a good fixture list, personally speaking.
Doesnt matter because he wont do it anyway. But if he did play a good game vs Villa today he can take away encouraging performances vs Villa, Southampton, Palace and half of Brighton/Fulham games. If youre comparing that against an interim I just feel we're neither here nor there anyway.

Our fixtures turn for the better after this break. I really hope he isn’t here cause I’m sure he will get a couple of results and will prolong his stay.

Goal difference of 11, 8 and 5. Christ, ETH is the worst.
It’s even worse when you realize that our domestic cup matches are flattering the results. If you only look at the league and europe the results are horrifying. Our GD is on -7 from the last 52 excluding domestic cup competitions.

I think Fulham, Brighton away, Liverpool, Spurs and Villa away aren't necessarily part of a good fixture list, personally speaking.
Doesnt matter because he wont do it anyway. But if he did play a good game vs Villa today he can take away encouraging performances vs Villa, Southampton, Palace and half of Brighton/Fulham games. If youre comparing that against an interim I just feel we're neither here nor there anyway.

God man, just let it go. He's not and will never be good enough regardless of what happens today. Incredibly out of his depth for months and months now.

God man, just let it go. He's not and will never be good enough regardless of what happens today. Incredibly out of his depth for months and months now.
I've voted sack, what do you want from me :lol:

Jesus Christ. All that money spent and we have the Leicester centre back pairing from 6 years ago. Then in midfield we have Eriksen and a kid who hadn’t made his first team debut this time last year. Eriksen as a sitting midfielder would have been pretty bold in his peak.

I’m not sure this necessarily needs to go in the Erik Ten Hag thread because I can see why he’s dropped De Ligt and Martinez, but we honestly i dont have a hope in hell of winning this game. I can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve felt so pessimistic about United’s chances in a game.

Yet, you still believe he can turn it around with a good result today :lol:

You either want him sacked, or you don't.
I didnt say I believe he can turn it around. I'd still be suspect.
I said if he did perform today I don't see what an interim coach would exactly do by way of improvement. If we were moving for a Tuchel or a Silva and the INEOS board had the permanent coach lined up its a different story. My view is just being neither here nor there under an interim.

Our fixtures turn for the better after this break. I really hope he isn’t here cause I’m sure he will get a couple of results and will prolong his stay.

ETH has proven that he's not cut out for this league, no matter what the fixture list is, so I wouldn't worry about that. He barely spraped by Fulham at OT on the starting day. He'll get results in the league/FA cup.

I said if he did perform today I don't see what an interim coach would exactly do by way of improvement. If we were moving for a Tuchel or a Silva and the INEOS board had the permanent coach lined up its a different story. My view is just being neither here nor there under an interim.
Cause an interim can see how open we are and fix that first. We stop leaking goals we have more chances of sneaking a win. It’s not a difficult job to fix short term. Stop being so open in the middle. Stop with the high pressing and play on the counter to suit the needs of the players/team.

Cause an interim can see how open we are and fix that first. We stop leaking goals we have more chances of sneaking a win. It’s not a difficult job to fix short term. Stop being so open in the middle. Stop with the high pressing and play on the counter to suit the needs of the players/team.
I'm not convinced this would necessarily be the case. This is all presumptuous by the way, I think theres a very good chance we get thumped.

So if we somehow scrape a 1-2 victory, with a decent performance, there's literally nobody in world football who can some in and take over temporarily to improve our situation. Despite the fact that our past 86 games have been flirting with relegation form and goal scoring statistics.

I'm not convinced this would necessarily be the case. This is all presumptuous by the way, I think theres a very good chance we get thumped.
Well something is better than nothing. Your argument that no one is out there so we should keep him is bonkers.

So if we somehow scrape a 1-2 victory, with a decent performance, there's literally nobody in world football who can some in and take over temporarily. Despite the fact that our past 86 games have been flirting with relegation form and goal scoring statistics.
I'm not talking about the past 86 games, I'm just talking about performances this season. I think if we had a good performance (not a scrape), then there are suddenly more encouraging performances than atrocious ones and it makes me wonder if an interim coach would just be a sideways move.