2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
I've seen literally every fullback in the world get roasted at some point or other.
The best full backs in the world don't dive in like that when there's very little chance of the player scoring from that angle.

I'd like to see the best RBs in the league playing at left back as consistently as he has last and this season. And even then, not just playing there but also the number of times someone like Dalot has had to move into those positions during games because of injuries, tactics and then from game to game i.e way less consistency in the same position.
His versatility to is one of the reasons why I wouldn't sell him. I just don't think he should be starting when everyone is fit (big ask for Shaw to stay fit these days though).

The best full backs in the world don't dive in like that when there's very little chance of the player scoring from that angle.

His versatility to is one of the reasons why I wouldn't sell him. I just don't think he should be starting when everyone is fit (big ask for Shaw to stay fit these days though).
Yes they do, we've all seen them do it over the years.

The best full backs in the world aren't really judged when they are played on the opposite side because they rarely play there, which was my point as you had originally said today was the reason why Dalot shouldn't regarded as one of the league's best at RB.

As for the tackle and the criticism of Dalot, I don't disagree as he was horrendous in the first half. It also happened last year at Stamford Bridge where had a good game up until the point of that penalty against Palmer again at LB. It's not a coincidence that your body shape is wrong and unnatural against tricky players; I'm not excusing it as it was rash but there's some sympathy there. I just don't think you should conflate his performances at LB, where he has been generally good to his quality as a RB. His versatility is also giving him a wider berth of criticism simply because he's available and can do a decent job.

Whilst Mazroui has been good, I'd still give the RB back to Dalot as he has more running power with no loss of defensive awareness and technique on the ball. Although it was the end of the game and against 10 men, the assist was an example of that composure. When or if everybody is fit, Shaw probably edges there but there's merely because he has quality on the ball (but seldom seen) and is used to playing that side. Off the ball, attitude and general performances, he's neither here or there for me.

Yes they do, we've all seen them do it over the years.
Can't remember the last time I saw Kyle Walker dive in like that and give away a penalty from an unnecessary angle. Maybe he has done in his career - but certainly not twice in 6 months like we've seen with Dalot.

The best full backs in the world aren't really judged when they are played on the opposite side because they rarely play there, which was my point as you had originally said today was the reason why Dalot shouldn't regarded as one of the league's best at RB.

As for the tackle and the criticism of Dalot, I don't disagree as he was horrendous in the first half. It also happened last year at Stamford Bridge where had a good game up until the point of that penalty against Palmer again at LB. It's not a coincidence that your body shape is wrong and unnatural against tricky players; I'm not excusing it as it was rash but there's some sympathy there. I just don't think you should conflate his performances at LB, where he has been generally good to his quality as a RB. His versatility is also giving him a wider berth of criticism simply because he's available and can do a decent job.

Whilst Mazroui has been good, I'd still give the RB back to Dalot as he has more running power with no loss of defensive awareness and technique on the ball. Although it was the end of the game and against 10 men, the assist was an example of that composure. When or if everybody is fit, Shaw probably edges there but there's merely because he has quality on the ball (but seldom seen) and is used to playing that side. Off the ball, attitude and general performances, he's neither here or there for me.
Fair enough. I get that it's unfair to expect him to be as good at LB as he is at RB, but I just wish he was more conservative when 1v1 in the penalty area. I wouldn't mind it if he was skinned occasionally, but diving in like that is suicidal.

Don’t think there’s any coincidence he was so abysmal that first half at LB playing with Rashford ahead of him and Eriksen on the left side of central midfield. Training cones tracking back.
Agreed. And that was his worst half that I can remember. Testament to his mentality to that he was very good in the 2nd half. Also telling that he has earned enough trust to be allowed to recover after a bad first half instead of being subbed off.

Can't remember the last time I saw Kyle Walker dive in like that and give away a penalty from an unnecessary angle. Maybe he has done in his career - but certainly not twice in 6 months like we've seen with Dalot.

Fair enough. I get that it's unfair to expect him to be as good at LB as he is at RB, but I just wish he was more conservative when 1v1 in the penalty area. I wouldn't mind it if he was skinned occasionally, but diving in like that is suicidal.

To be fair, he generally is quite decent in and around the penalty box at LB. Personally, I'd take his more 'risky' attitude of actually engaging attackers than the constant backtracking and tons of space given that we see Shaw give and take the two penalties conceded in 6 months from an unnatural LB.

Ideally we actually have a left footed fit LB that wants to engage and can move his feet.

Reminded me of the pre AC Milan loan Dalot today, who was the player giving him a tough time today? Dingus?

Anyways, hope to see him bounce back next match.
Dibling who's 18, Dalot's worst moment when he froze after the winger ran the ball past him.

He still has this kind of performance in him though not as much as before but I wasn't surprised to see him struggle after the first few minutes.

Dibling who's 18, Dalot's worst moment when he froze after the winger ran the ball past him.

He still has this kind of performance in him though not as much as before but I wasn't surprised to see him struggle after the first few minutes.
He certainly does, hopefully he is able to put these performances behind him with more ease now as opposed having them linger for a few matches.

I actually think there was one phase of play, about the 30th minutw mark that changed the game for him. Up till that poibt he wasn’t aggressive enough thinking he could just outpace and outmuscle their winger. Then he took the ball, a couple of step over and raced past the same player, as if to prove, enough already. Adter that, he had control of his side.

Interesting appraisals...... He was pretty bad. Hopefully it's a blip but we really need Shaw back

Poor display yesterday but in fairness he is not a left back. We really need a proper left back in the team.

A real off day yesterday. no big concerns about dalot hes a consistent performing and doing his best for team out of position, but yeah, yesterday was one of his poorest in a while. on the other side hes turning into an excellent passer and brave in possession, also rounded out his poor performance with an assist

Dalot had a terrible first half an hour on Saturday. Ran ragged, looked off the pace and unnerved on that left flank.

Tbf to him on more than one occasion he could have done with a bit of help from Martinez and Rashford.

Him giving away the penalty summed up the team's rubbish start to the game.

Man Utd 7:0 Barnsley New
Had a poor stream in the first half so couldn't watch properly but iirc he could have had a couple of assists? Back at RB with some good overlaps, passes from deep and powerful running.

Thought he was very good in the first half, nothing to do defensively but kept popping up all over the pitch demanding the ball. Some good overlaps aswell. He had a quieter second half but was still good.

He's a beast at right back, he really is, hopefully Shaw can come back in and give us a run of games to get this guy back in his proper position.