2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He was fantastic today, couple of times he maybe found himself out of position when they switched the ball but he has great recovery pace and the energy for it. That pass he played in for Garnacho, if only he’d finished that. Would have been a fantastic goal.

Does make you wonder what will happen when Shaw is back up and running. Don’t know if it’s worth starting a new thread for it. But when he’s fit he surely goes straight back in at LB and then it’s between Dalot and Maz as to who is RB which does seem kind of unfair as both have been fantastic. Probably Dalot becomes the RB.

ETH said many a time last year not having a left footed LB complicated things meaning passing structures didn’t work as well as they should, don’t see why he would change his opinion on that and it’s not like Shaw hasn’t done the things Dalot was doing today. It’s a role he has played before. Also not like Dalot can’t do it from the right side of defence.

All in all it’s seems like we are starting to get proper options all over the pitch if Shaw ever actually makes it back on to the pitch.

He was fantastic today, couple of times he maybe found himself out of position when they switched the ball but he has great recovery pace and the energy for it. That pass he played in for Garnacho, if only he’d finished that. Would have been a fantastic goal.

Does make you wonder what will happen when Shaw is back up and running. Don’t know if it’s worth starting a new thread for it. But when he’s fit he surely goes straight back in at LB and then it’s between Dalot and Maz as to who is RB which does seem kind of unfair as both have been fantastic. Probably Dalot becomes the RB.

ETH said many a time last year not having a left footed LB complicated things meaning passing structures didn’t work as well as they should, don’t see why he would change his opinion on that and it’s not like Shaw hasn’t done the things Dalot was doing today. It’s a role he has played before. Also not like Dalot can’t do it from the right side of defence.

All in all it’s seems like we are starting to get proper options all over the pitch if Shaw ever actually makes it back on to the pitch.
It’s a very good problem to have if that’s the case. I think Dalot have had a few rather weak games on the left side this season, buy yesterday was brilliant stuff. And Mazraoui just so good on the right. I don’t think CP helped themselves with their first half tactics, being just lucky not to be three goals down, but the way the back five functioned yeaterday in general is lightyeats from anything we saw last season.

He’s proving to be a very decent temporary attacking LFB. When Shaw is fit who plays? Mazz at RFB looks worthy of keeping that position.

He’s proving to be a very decent temporary attacking LFB. When Shaw is fit who plays? Mazz at RFB looks worthy of keeping that position.
It's a problem we'll have for about 3 games before Shaw breaks down again

People started to question him because Maz had some good performances forgetting that Dalot is playing at LB due to the absence of our other LBs, they questioned his ability on the ball and yesterday he demonstrated how good he is on the ball, control and passing, dribbling in tight spaces and so, hopefully no one questions his ability on the ball again
Look at this thread and around the forum, a lot of our fans still have an incredibly difficult time giving him any credit. It's really bizarre. I think too many of our fans thought that he was a flop after his first few seasons here and refuse to admit it that he is actually quality now.

It's a problem we'll have for about 3 games before Shaw breaks down again

Malacia is back too of course. Be interesting to see if he can get to a level where he could displace Dalot at LB.

I don't think Shaw should be first choice anymore. Dalot is doing very well at inverting and Shaw struggles to get up and down the pitch as much.

Look at this thread and around the forum, a lot of our fans still have an incredibly difficult time giving him any credit. It's really bizarre. I think too many of our fans thought that he was a flop after his first few seasons here and refuse to admit it that he is actually quality now.

Very sad to see it happen here, guy's been so consistent and this season playing as an LB to a level that makes us feel thank God we got him else the club would have needed to bring a cover

I don't think Shaw should be first choice anymore. Dalot is doing very well at inverting and Shaw struggles to get up and down the pitch as much.
Agreed on Shaw's weakness in terms of fitness and durability, but his left foot is weapon, some of our attackers will love those crosses

Agreed on Shaw's weakness in terms of fitness and durability, but his left foot is weapon, some of our attackers will love those crosses
I actually think Dalot is a bigger threat than Shaw. He has a good cross but also has a good shot from far.

I think it's his durability, flexibility, physicality and ability to adapt to different areas of the pitch which make him a better player than Shaw.

I actually think Dalot is a bigger threat than Shaw. He has a good cross but also has a good shot from far.

I think it's his durability, flexibility, physicality and ability to adapt to different areas of the pitch which make him a better player than Shaw.
They're both better than Mazraoui anyway so it doesn't make a whole pile of difference. If they're both fit they should both play.

A steady eddy in both positions, but I’d rather Mazraoui on the right if both were competing. He’s just a better footballer.

Very impressed with his improvements over the past couple of seasons, he just keeps getting better. Still a bit suspect defensively and can be caught out of position, but attacking wise he's becoming very impactful. I didn't think he had much of a future here after he was loaned to Milan but he's now become a reliable starter at either fullback position. Should be commended for digging down and improving his game to stay at the club.

Glad he’s back in the fold.

Don’t get me wrong, his lack of athleticism is why he can’t start every game but he was also a victim of the chaos ball last season. The team are more controlled for various reasons and it’s stopping him from getting exposed as much.
Wrong thread?

Didn't like him diving in for the Eze chance. Him diving in gave them a much easier chance.

Man Utd 1:1 FC Twente New
Playing with a lot of confidence. Doing more things right than wrong. Wish we could say that for a few more of the players!

I hate him coming infield. It leaves our left winger as the only option on the flank. Far too often Rashford was behind him.

Dalot is a superb player this is obviously tactical.

I hate him coming infield. It leaves our left winger as the only option on the flank. Far too often Rashford was behind him.

Dalot is a superb player this is obviously tactical.
It really negates a lot of the threat from the left to solidify the midfield slightly.

I thought he was poor.

Crazy backheel next to the corner flag that led to their first chance. Big pass across that the backline that almost got intercepted.

I don't like the role he was asked to play tonight but he hasn't got the brain for it.

He's got lots of assets but best to keep his task simple.

He is a liability. He is literally the Bruno of LBs. All action but always has a brainfart in him.

Gave away that penalty at Soton and today gave the ball away that was almost the opener.

The sooner Shaw gets back, the better. We also need to upgrade on him ASAP.

He's being told to come inside as an extra midfielder when we have the ball... Leaving Eriksen way too much ground to cover when we give possession away (which we do for fun) and we get countered. Not his fault, clearly instructional. One of if not the most technically apt players in our team.

Feel like we don't give this lad the respect and praise he deserves. Has been our most consistently good player for a while. Can play in any role or system he is asked to. Never stops running,provides overlap and has a cross on him

We need a statistical measurement on how many times per game he waves his arms in the air and other players from backline do not pass to him.

He is a liability. He is literally the Bruno of LBs. All action but always has a brainfart in him.

Gave away that penalty at Soton and today gave the ball away that was almost the opener.

The sooner Shaw gets back, the better. We also need to upgrade on him ASAP.
He isn't a left back. He is filling in admirably. Our best player last night.

Thought he was our best player and involved in a lot of the offensive play. However it comes at a price and we look vulnerable when they attacked our left side.