2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He's been good going forward at times actually, but I don't think he's a great defender - or maybe a lot of it is these tactics. Either way he's not our best player...

He's been good going forward at times actually, but I don't think he's a great defender - or maybe a lot of it is these tactics. Either way he's not our best player...
In terms of performance over the last year or so he's pretty damn close. Our most consistent performer last season and has been decent to start off this one too.

He is a baller.

Seems a few people on here have such a loathing towards Jose that they can’t be objective about Dalot.

If he chooses to leave Utd he certainly won’t be taking a step down to a club of West Ham’s level.

He is a baller.

Seems a few people on here have such a loathing towards Jose that they can’t be objective about Dalot.

If he chooses to leave Utd he certainly won’t be taking a step down to a club of West Ham’s level.
West Ham will probably end up higher than us this season.

I like when someone lets you know you should just put them on ignore straight away

Because he's a very very poor defender and considering everyone thinks he's great going forward he does not have many assists either

He's not "very very poor" defensively, just not among the best in the world at that. Similar situation attacking wise. He's good, just not the best in the world.

Because he's a very very poor defender and considering everyone thinks he's great going forward he does not have many assists either
I don't think we should sell him but sounds like you're seeing what I'm seeing, we'll need an upgrade at some point...

You never know these guys may be right and he might turn into the player they keep saying he is, and then some. He's not that right now though, in the same way Wan Bissaka wasn't. Let's see what happens...

I don't think we should sell him but sounds like you're seeing what I'm seeing, we'll need an upgrade at some point...

You never know these guys may be right and he might turn into the player they keep saying he is, and then some. He's not that right now though, in the same way Wan Bissaka wasn't. Let's see what happens...

He's poor at 1v1s, but that's not the only aspect of defending for a full-back.

He's also a very good build-up full-back, who can invert into midfield well, has good physicality and athleticism, and has a mean shot on him. Decent passer and crosser too, and he's consistent, which is very important. I don't think he's good enough to start for a PL and CL winning side, but there's plenty of minutes for him as a solid, 7/10 every week type of player who can play to a good level on both sides, and United as a team are collectively not on that level yet where Dalot's minutes should be significantly reduced. You also need to consider that he has a really good mental profile, and loves the club, and he's been here for a long time now. Plus we got him for peanuts. These are not the type of players that you just sell because there's a chance to make a ~20m profit on them.

Him and Mazraoui are more than fine for now, and we can be patient until a world class young prospect appears on the market who's attainable for us.

He's not "very very poor" defensively, just not among the best in the world at that. Similar situation attacking wise. He's good, just not the best in the world.
Defensively, he is poor. His positioning is not good, he is out of position often and loses his man. Just look back the past few seasons, especially last season's CL campaign. So many errors that led to goals

As a back up fine. If Mazraoui continues to perform and we get a new, strong LB in (Shaw never seems to be fit), all fine. But he should not a starter for us

He's also a very good build-up full-back, who can invert into midfield well, has good physicality and athleticism, and has a mean shot on him. Decent passer and crosser too, and he's consistent, which is very important. I don't think he's good enough to start for a PL and CL winning side, but there's plenty of minutes for him as a solid, 7/10 every week type of player who can play to a good level on both sides, and United as a team are collectively not on that level yet where Dalot's minutes should be significantly reduced. You also need to consider that he has a really good mental profile, and loves the club, and he's been here for a long time now. Plus we got him for peanuts. These are not the type of players that you just sell because there's a chance to make a ~20m profit on them.

Him and Mazraoui are more than fine for now, and we can be patient until a world class young prospect appears on the market who's attainable for us.
It is not just 1v1, but positioning and switching off are huge issues. Going forward, how many assists does he exactly have?

It is not just 1v1, but positioning and switching off are huge issues. Going forward, how many assists does he exactly have?

Judging full-backs' offensive game by the number of assists? I can't take this discussion seriously.

Zero correlation
His offensive game gets praised a lot. If he were good at it, we should see more output. So defensively, he's mediocre, offensively, decent at best. Hence a mediocre player who should not start for United

Great idea, let's sell our most in form player who's just coming into his prime and is arguably already in our top 3 players.
If Dalot is our top 3 best players, no wonder we finished midtable.

His offensive game gets praised a lot. If he were good at it, we should see more output. So defensively, he's mediocre, offensively, decent at best. Hence a mediocre player who should not start for United

He's an all rounder. Our fullbacks have more work to do defensively than Liverpool, Arsenal, etc and he wins the ball more than his counterparts at rival clubs because of that. He can find the quality for a cross or a shot, although his goalscoring is mostly for his country but correct its not that consistent and he doesnt have the end product of the good attacking fullbacks.

I can’t believe some of the down right shit I read on here sometimes. Dalot is quite possibly top 5 for full backs in Europe right now. He’s probably the most rounded one too. A lot of the modern day fbs are either a version of Trent or a version of AWB. He’s the only one, and maybe Ben White, who seems to be a fine blend of both. In that, he can both defend and attack to a very good level.

This "he’s bad 1v1" notion is outdated. He used to be, but hasn’t been for at least going on 2 seasons now. The odd time he gets beaten by a winger doesn’t change that. He’s consistently very good against most wingers in the EPL. The guy’s good on the ball, strong in the air, professional and almost always fit.

Oh "He’s not good enough to be the starting full back in a PL or CL winning team". BS! Who have been the starting full backs for the teams that have won the PL and CL for the past 3 seasons? How much better, (if they even were), were they than Dalot? If you guys watched a lot of European football, you’d know we already have one of the best full backs around in Diogo Dalot. Appreciate what you have and stop underrating every fecking player in the team!

I can’t believe some of the down right shit I read on here sometimes. Dalot is quite possibly top 5 for full backs in Europe right now. He’s probably the most rounded one too. A lot of the modern day fbs are either a version of Trent or a version of AWB. He’s the only one, and maybe Ben White, who seems to be a fine blend of both. In that, he can both defend and attack to a very good level.

This "he’s bad 1v1" notion is outdated. He used to be, but hasn’t been for at least going on 2 seasons now. The odd time he gets beaten by a winger doesn’t change that. He’s consistently very good against most wingers in the EPL. The guy’s good on the ball, strong in the air, professional and almost always fit.

Oh "He’s not good enough to be the starting full back in a PL or CL winning team". BS! Who have been the starting full backs for the teams that have won the PL and CL for the past 3 seasons? How much better, (if they even were), were they than Dalot? If you guys watched a lot of European football, you’d know we already have one of the best full backs around in Diogo Dalot. Appreciate what you have and stop underrating every fecking player in the team!
Well said. A small part of me dies every time I enter this thread. Some atrocious takes and opinions. Dalot is fecking quality who wouldn't look out of place in any top side and he's available week in week out and a consistent performer

100%

Excellent professional

Every player will make mistakes across a season but at least he doesn’t hide from the ball or put his personal interest ahead of the teams. If only we had another 6-7 players with his mindset we would be a much better team and play much better football.

He's an offensive fullback that struggles for end product and he isn't a great defender. He's ok, nothing more or less than that.

United fans overrate the guy because he isn't abysmal.

The right way to think about Dalot is that although he excels at nothing, he's more than decent attacking and defending. We have plenty of pinatas to go after but he's not one of them.

He's an offensive fullback that struggles for end product and he isn't a great defender. He's ok, nothing more or less than that.

United fans overrate the guy because he isn't abysmal.
Exactly. They are blinded because he produces a good cross every 5 games or scores a screamer once a season. Being error prone and having weak positioning are a bid minus that cannot be overlooked

I think he is excellent well rounded FB, good to great at everything, excellent on the ball, works hard, our best performer, currently covering in LB, and doing it well too.

I was actually defending Dalot in my post, but okay.

Regarding your question, Carvajal is admittedly not much better than him, if he's better at all, however, Walker, Ben White, and Trent are definitely significantly better than him. However that's not really huge criticism towards him from my part. When I said he "cannot start for a PL/CL winning side", I meant that Dalot isn't a player that should get into the strongest XI in such teams, but he's good enough to play a good amount of minutes as a squad player, and I maintain that. When a truly elite level talent appears on the right-back market, I would like us to be in for them (Yoro at CB, Shaw at LB, Rice at DM, etc. level of talent), but for now, Mazraoui and Dalot is great quality and depth. 2nd choice RB and rotational LB is what he would be at most clubs that are better than us IMO, so I don't think it's an outrageous claim from my part.

I mentioned earlier about once a player has a bad reputation, is borderline impossible to shift it unless they become one of the very best around.

Dalot was poor 1v1 many years ago. I don't know how you can say that now, you very rarely see a winger rinse him these days. He's had some very good games against top wingers too, like Saka.

You can dismiss the title of this video, as I personally don't want him to play #6 for United, but it's a good way to refresh one's memory about Dalot's qualities when he steps into central areas. He's a really good inverted full-back, and far from being a "mediocre player". Even I was probably underrating him a little bit in my previous posts yesterday. And it's not like his strengths don't translate well to his traditional full-back duties, either.

Also, there is probably more room for him to keep developing as a player. He improved a lot in each of the last 2 seasons from the age of 23 to 25, so there is no reason to think that today he is the finished article, as both technically and physically, he's got the tools to be even better than he is today IMO. Mentally, too.

Like I said, he's really not someone in our squad that we should just sell for £40m. Arrived for a pretty cheap fee, been at the club for 6 years now, has an excellent mental profile, clearly has a great affection for United, very good physical and technical levels, can play two positions to a good level too. These are the players I want to make up our spine and have an important role in the future of our project, the ones who love United, and have what it takes to succeed on the highest level mentally, physically, and technically as well.

Last edited:
I actually think he would be excellent for Real Madrid, especially as a Carvajal replacement. I can see them in for him when it is time.