2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Absolutely horrible today but he has enough credit in the bank.
That goes for every player that plays for us. Too much credit in the bank to be bothered about giving their all on the pitch.

It’s completely inexplicable. He can’t have been tired and he’s been logged as one of the quickest players in the premier league. Stuff like this does make you wonder if the players have had enough and are trying to get the manager sacked. Maybe even subconsciously?

That thought crossed my mind as well. Was this the game that the players finally gave up and downed tools or stopped putting in the effort. Possibly subconsciously as you say - must be mentally exhausting to be overrun in every game against a semi-decent side and losing most of them. At some point you just go, why bother trying to sprint and fight for everything when there is no shape or tactics to help you win the game? Fans have given up on the manager, why should the players keep fighting (well its their job, but still)? Even Rashfords efforts were abnormally poor in this game and Bruno was playing like he was trying to lose.

It’s completely inexplicable. He can’t have been tired and he’s been logged as one of the quickest players in the premier league. Stuff like this does make you wonder if the players have had enough and are trying to get the manager sacked. Maybe even subconsciously?
"Leopards don't change their spots"

Is he banking on someone dispossessing vdv and then he's in a good position for a United counterattack?

A defender's job is to always assume the worst, ie "I need to track Johnson in case this ball comes to him".

Pathetic and really no excuse to lose your man. I mean tracking your runners is basic stuff. Absolutely useless tonight. It's as much on him as it's on ETH to get that drilled into the these players.

My main concerne watching this clip is that our players positioning and team pressure is completely anarchic.
Although Dalot lacked the effort coming back, it wasn't any worse than the fearless leader Bruno and his half assed attempt. There is a culture that has remained. I am not sure if Dalot is just poor at judgement or is being directed by ETH but he is out of position more than he is in.

He's been a good player the past 2 seasons, but that performance today is just not acceptable.

He's had a shocking campaign so far but he's a decent player, when at RB that is.

That's really poor.

I'm not excusing it, but the reason he doesn't track is he wrongly and naively expects there's no way VDV, surrounded by 4 of our players, can run through them and get a clean cross to the back post. But he forgets how easy we are to run through, and how slow our other defenders are that they can't stop a cross.

As a defender you have to assume the worst case scenario. If he tracks the run all the way and he loses a 50/50 at the back post on a ball that's tough to defend, it's forgiveable. Not bothering to track and just hoping the ball never arrives is just so poor.

Wow. Our player of the season. Is he so demoralised that he can't play at RB that he has fallen off a cliff?

I think he's more suited to be a winger. He has improved somewhat but he doesn't have that natural sense of danger as a defender. He's all over the place positionally at times, I'll never forget last years league Cup defeat to Newcastle, one of the worst performances from a full back I've seen. Square peg round hole. It's saying something about our team that's he probably been one of the more consistent performers over Ten Hags reign. That's the standard were at.

If you look at all the hammerings over the years, Dalot is always present in these games and is always at fault for some of the goals. Like Bruno, when the going gets tough he becomes an utterly spineless player. The worse kinda player to have in games like these and Ive never understood why United fans have taken to him like they have. A 6/10 player most weeks with the occasional 8/10 but far too often gives 1/10’s on days like yesterday which at this stage are a monthly occurrence under ETH.

If you look at all the hammerings over the years, Dalot is always present in these games and is always at fault for some of the goals. Like Bruno, when the going gets tough he becomes an utterly spineless player. The worse kinda player to have in games like these and Ive never understood why United fans have taken to him like they have. A 6/10 player most weeks with the occasional 8/10 but far too often gives 1/10’s on days like yesterday which at this stage are a monthly occurrence under ETH.
While I will blame Dalot for his lazy ass tracking it is not entirely his fault. For some reason he slips into the middle and presses way to far up field getting caught time and time again. In addition, many times when playing out from the back Martinez cannot go to the sideline because Dalot is not there. When they use the 4 man backfield the way it is supposed to be used, they get out of their end easily. Then on occasion, Dalot leaves his position and slots into a more midfield position which leaves Martinez with no options on that side. Dalot then presses up and gets caught on plays like this. In fact it happened twice in this game alone and multiple times prior. The looming question, is this Dalot acting on his own or direction from ETH? If he is acting on his own, he should be watching instead of playing, if this ETH then it is a WTF moment. They get burned time and time again using this. Need to figure out that doing the same thing the same way expecting a different result is nuts!

Second goal, He was out of position after 2 min of restart. Both goals are his fault.

And for 3rd, he was again caught sleeping and was not in offside line.

He’s been an absolute disaster at LB so far this season, him and Martinez are an awful left side pairing.

He’s been an absolute disaster at LB so far this season, him and Martinez are an awful left side pairing.
He was great in the very first game. But yeah dreadful yesterday.

Thought he did okay in the inverted midfielder-role but that of course takes a whole system knowing what it’s doing for that to be a succes like at City.

I stopped myself from posting in here yesterday as he was my punching bag for the whole game, so thought it might be just being too harsh. Watching it back though, that performance was absolutely astonishing. It reminded me of the Kobenhaven away game, he was completely off every aspect of his game. He couldn't pass, win any meaningful duels, didn't track his man for pretty much every goal. Genuinely the worst individual performance I've seen from him to my mind. Unacceptable.

Has not been a good left back this season. But then again, Ten Hags tactics are an absolute travesty for everybody defensively so he's not exactly set up for success.

Has not been a good left back this season. But then again, Ten Hags tactics are an absolute travesty for everybody defensively so he's not exactly set up for success.
I would disagree when it comes to FBs, it actually sets them up for a lot of success. They push high, get on the ball a lot and get into the box a lot too. Mazraoui has no problem with it and been one of our best players. Dalot just decided he didn't fancy doing any defensive work yesterday and also be shit going forward.

He is not good enough, I hate players like him at United more than the really crappy ones like van de Beek, Antony etc.

With the really crappy ones, its clear we have to get rid off them. But the likes of Dalot create a false sense of hope ,get contract renewals and clog up the team for years on. We shouldn't have renewed his contract, now he is another one who will be hard to get rid off.

Should never play LB again. Bring up a youngster who’s a natural LB.

We obviously thought Shaw would be back earlier than sometime in October, but we've been ludicrously caught out again by having no left back.
No-one seems to know what on earth Malacia has done, and everyone knew Shaw playing in the Euros would be dreadful for United.

Seems like half this thread haven't picked up on him being instructed to move in to midfield when we have possession. The problem then becomes us giving possession away for absolute fun and you end up with Eriksen not making the ground to cover or Dalot totally out of position. Don't get me wrong, he has a habit of switching off and I'm not totally defending him, but he's clearly being instructed to not be a LB when we have the ball.

For all the complaints about us having no LB and “forced” to play Dalot there… has everyone, including our manager, forgot that Mazraoui can play at LB? Am I missing something? Am I misremembering the fact that he played at that position in the CL semis against eventual winners Madrid last season?

People acting as if the brain fart had anything to do with playing lb, as if he doesn’t do the same nonsense at times at rb

People acting as if the brain fart had anything to do with playing lb, as if he doesn’t do the same nonsense at times at rb
Exactly, he has it in him, we just haven't seen it for a while.