View full 2024-25 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
And dalot is pretty much the only player thay has improved under ten hag

People acting as if the brain fart had anything to do with playing lb, as if he doesn’t do the same nonsense at times at rb
Agreed. The first goal is just tracking a runner, completely unaffected by which fullback position he's playing.
On the second goal I think he's pressing a CB for some reason.

He was similar form wise at the start of last season, some good games but a fair few shockers.

It's ridiculous to single Dalot out after Sunday and say he's not good enough when the whole team was terrible (bar Onana) and Dalot has been one of our best players otherwise this season.

It's ridiculous to single Dalot out after Sunday and say he's not good enough when the whole team was terrible (bar Onana) and Dalot has been one of our best players otherwise this season.
He was absolutely awful on Sunday. Made a big mistake not tracking Johnson for the opening goal and never recovered from it. Loose touches, bad passes and poor positioning throughout.

I like Dalot, but it was an abomination of a performance from him vs Spurs.

It's actually not. What is it with Dalot fans thinking he cannot be criticised?

I was referring to the knee-jerk sentiment that he is not good enough to play for United. I agree he was poor on Sunday.

It's a shame for him that he is shoehorned into the left side after having such a good season on the right last year. It is weird to me, that he haven't tried Mazraoui on the left with Dalot on the right yet.

Shaw's return can't come quick enough, but obviously it won't last in the end.

He deserves to be dropped for not bothering to track back in the second minute of a game, which cost us a goal and killed the match instantly.

You can make a mistake and that's ok, it happens, but not being arsed to track back and fulfill basic responsibilities in the second minute of a football match is a lot more serious for me. He won't be dropped though, because there's nobody else which is part of the problem. I think having no pressure on your place isn't healthy, regardless of how good your attitude might be. He could score three own goals and he'll still play next game because he has to.

I'm unsure if he's good enough for United or not. Prior to last season he didn't look good enough to be anything other than a fairly weak squad player at best. And then fair play, he put in some performances far in excess of what I imagined he was ever capable of. But he's been at United for several seasons, none of them have been good except for the past one. This season he's not been good at all so far.

So what's the true picture? Did he improve as a player last season? Or was it just a moment in time and he's reverting back to his true level?

He is not good enough, I hate players like him at United more than the really crappy ones like van de Beek, Antony etc.

With the really crappy ones, its clear we have to get rid off them. But the likes of Dalot create a false sense of hope ,get contract renewals and clog up the team for years on. We shouldn't have renewed his contract, now he is another one who will be hard to get rid off.

I agree. Over the years Dalot has done very little to merit the goodwill, patience and ridiculous hype he receives. He's been considered among our 'best' players in an era where we're progressively getting worse in every area on the pitch season by season. He was considered among our best during the Solskjaer/Rangknick disaster of a season despite being poor after the 2022 winter world cup. That was his 'breakout' season. Last season he was considered by many to be our best player, in our worst season on record in the PL. The number of negative match reviews of his performances can be seen in the thread marks from both seasons in his season performance threads. Something is amiss if your so called best player has so many bad games. Yet he's highly regarded on here

More over, Dalot has also been a starter in many of our biggest defeats in recent times and he's been so abjectly poor in certain big games where he had to be subbed off at halftime only for AWB to exceed against players who gave him a headache. Is he even one of the best fullbacks in the league? I've never thought so. He's played on the left before this season too, so the excuses simply don't add up

Last edited:
He deserves to be dropped for not bothering to track back in the second minute of a game, which cost us a goal and killed the match instantly.

You can make a mistake and that's ok, it happens, but not being arsed to track back and fulfill basic responsibilities in the second minute of a football match is a lot more serious for me. He won't be dropped though, because there's nobody else which is part of the problem. I think having no pressure on your place isn't healthy, regardless of how good your attitude might be. He could score three own goals and he'll still play next game because he has to.

I'm unsure if he's good enough for United or not. Prior to last season he didn't look good enough to be anything other than a fairly weak squad player at best. And then fair play, he put in some performances far in excess of what I imagined he was ever capable of. But he's been at United for several seasons, none of them have been good except for the past one. This season he's not been good at all so far.

So what's the true picture? Did he improve as a player last season? Or was it just a moment in time and he's reverting back to his true level?

I agree with a lot of this.

Ignoring the problems with the system we are playing and the directions/position he is given, he (like all others) needs competition as you say, and also someone to keep him on his toes in-game and hold him accountable when he loses concentration or shirks his defensive duties. The last part is something that is seriously lacking in our team in general. I don't think any of our players take a scolding from Bruno seriously, and it seems they are losing faith in the manager. Many of the goals we've conceded this season could have been prevented if players had simply tracked their markers. Its part of the erosion of standards that's been talked about a lot here.

Someone mentioned earlier that last season he was full of aggression, fist pumping and cheering every tackle, etc. As I recall it was Varane who brought that mentality into the defense and it brought out the best we've seen in Dalot. Somehow we need to build that spirit up again.

It might be that we've seen the ceiling of Dalots capabilities last season - solid-to-good good going forward, capable of great performances defensively but also some horrid ones. But the current system and seemingly defeated mentality of the players is bringing the worst out of everyone this season.

Seriously Diego Dalot is a good squad player, a good professional however he’s carrying an injury, the real issue here is why the club did not buy a left back, knowing the huge issues we have there, at worst we should have included Chillwell on loan in the Sancho deal.

The sheer arrogance of not having a fit left footed left back for a club the size of Man United until November is a complete embarrassment.

Diego Dalot played in the Euros, he’s a good pro, he had a very poor game against Spurs and should be dropped but for who?

Harry Amass? Lisandro Martinez, we all saw how bad he’s at left back. ETH and his coaching back room staff now need to earn their salary. We are far too open and inexperienced in the core of our team, so right now in the next two games, since everyone wants Diego Dalot dropped, the only option is to change the formation for the next two games to 3421.

We lack defensive structure, discipline, creativity, only if we start with a team like this can I see the club getting some type of result against Porto or Villa.

Bruno and Dalot both needs to be dropped, not because their not great players but because they are currently in poor form. My pick at Amad at Left wing back is a huge risk but we need some type of balance to the team and Antony refuses, yes reduses to play in that position(you just couldn’t make this Sh.. up?)

A Onana, M De Ligt, H Maguire, L Martinez, Mazraoui, Ugarte, K Mainoo, A Diallo, M Mount, C Eriksen, R Hojlund or M Rashford as the 9 depending on the opposition.

This team has our best footballers on current form in that midfield 4/6 Amad can come into 10 and Mount can go wide, we should be able to play higher up the pitch, have some left footed players on the left side and use Hojlund strength and pace, if he’s not quite fit play Rashford, his attacking form looks like it’s improving, everyone knows he can’t defend and doesn’t work so let him score goals as the team has very few options and not worry about tracking back!

The change in formation would shock the opposition as most opposition managers currently can’t wait to play our team as it lacks confidence, energy and tactical discipline, this team won’t excite too many people but it might nick a 0-1 or 0-2 by actually functioning as a team unit for the first time in a long time, simply by playing to our current limited strengths.

If players find their form, the best version of our first team may swap Lenny Yoro out for De Ligt( I’m not convinced he’s even as good as Harry!) or Maguire, Luke Shaw at Left Wing Back or LCB, Bruno in for Eriksen, Amad swapped for Mount and a fit Hojlund!

What’s absolutely crystal clear is United first signing in January must be a left back/wing back for the remainder of the season. Antony Robinson would be an ideal signing for £25-30m.

The sheer arrogance of not having a fit left footed left back for a club the size of Man United until November is a complete embarrassment.

Diego Dalot played in the Euros, he’s a good pro, he had a very poor game against Spurs and should be dropped but for who?

Harry Amass? Lisandro Martinez, we all saw how bad he’s at left back. ETH and his coaching back room staff now need to earn their salary. We are far too open and inexperienced in the core of our team, so right now in the next two games, since everyone wants Diego Dalot dropped, the only option is to change the formation for the next two games to 3421.

What about playing Antony at Left Wingback, thats been suggested as an option in the past hasnt it?

Seriously Diego Dalot is a good squad player, a good professional however he’s carrying an injury, the real issue here is why the club did not buy a left back, knowing the huge issues we have there, at worst we should have included Chillwell on loan in the Sancho deal.

We lack defensive structure, discipline, creativity, only if we start with a team like this can I see the club getting some type of result against Porto or Villa.

Bruno and Dalot both needs to be dropped, not because their not great players but because they are currently in poor form. My pick at Amad at Left wing back is a huge risk but we need some type of balance to the team and Antony refuses, yes reduses to play in that position(you just couldn’t make this Sh.. up?)

A Onana, M De Ligt, H Maguire, L Martinez, Mazraoui, Ugarte, K Mainoo, A Diallo, M Mount, C Eriksen, R Hojlund or M Rashford as the 9 depending on the opposition.

This team has our best footballers on current form in that midfield 4/6 Amad can come into 10 and Mount can go wide, we should be able to play higher up the pitch, have some left footed players on the left side and use Hojlund strength and pace, if he’s not quite fit play Rashford, his attacking form looks like it’s improving, everyone knows he can’t defend and doesn’t work so let him score goals as the team has very few options and not worry about tracking back!

The change in formation would shock the opposition as most opposition managers currently can’t wait to play our team as it lacks confidence, energy and tactical discipline, this team won’t excite too many people but it might nick a 0-1 or 0-2 by actually functioning as a team unit for the first time in a long time, simply by playing to our current limited strengths.

If players find their form, the best version of our first team may swap Lenny Yoro out for De Ligt( I’m not convinced he’s even as good as Harry!) or Maguire, Luke Shaw at Left Wing Back or LCB, Bruno in for Eriksen, Amad swapped for Mount and a fit Hojlund!

What’s absolutely crystal clear is United first signing in January must be a left back/wing back for the remainder of the season. Antony Robinson would be an ideal signing for £25-30m.
You were making sense until you said De ligt isn't better than Maguire. You're terribly wrong.

You were making sense until you said De ligt isn't better than Maguire. You're terribly wrong.
I’m not saying he isn’t better I’m saying he will need time to adjust to the EPL and Maguire gets a bad rap, sometimes deserved, Sometimes not so much and I did say play them both in a back 3 did I not?

FC Porto 3:3 Man Utd New
He really should be dropped. A complete liability lately

Had a good game tbh, people expecting him to block crosses in 1 vs 2 situations are just blinded by their anger towards the team's overall performance.

Well, he can’t be dropped, so may god bless him with a great game against Villa.

Wasn’t a stellar performance by any means, but there were at least 4 or 5 worse players out there, especially the 2 CBs.

How he’s ended up on a worse rating that Casemiro in the Player ratings is laughable. People just don’t want to admit he isn’t as terrible as they first thought.

Don't rate him at all.

Right back or left back, he ain't good enough, another player that just needs to go.

Disgusting performance. Yet again. Probably worst player of the team this year

He's looking exhausted. Surely people realize that his recent drop in performances is due to that? He has played every single game this season and even stretching into the last one where he was our fit fullback for long periods. Now add to that the ridiculous amount of sprinting back he has to do per game due to our crap tactics and it adds up. He was looking done by the 50th minute today, he needs a break. We haven't had a left back since February and he played all the games at RB when AWB was injured last season as well. Only an injury will afford him a break at this point and it's coming if he keeps playing every single 90'.

How stupid does this quote look like now? He was lethargic, slow, with no aggressiveness, stayed 2 meters away from his man, to scared to tackle, watching how the opposition was playing passes in the 18-yard box. It's like he doesn't even want to be on the pitch. Dear me.

It is absolutely shocking that every team targets our left side, they know they will get a chance. Sleeps a few yards back from the complete back line, playing the Porto player one on one with Onana. Game after game, beginners mistakes. To slow to overlap, ball watching. He is a shadow of the player from last year.

He is consistently terrible this season. Game after game. And we concede loads of chances from the left game after game.
No he isn't, this is an absurd take. The whole team has been completely dreadful as of late. And Dalot is constantly asked to drift into midfield by our manager, Lisandro is struggling and we don't have a workhorse left winger for extra protection. It's not rocket science to see why we're struggling defensively so much.

Exhausted or not you can’t tolerate wimping out of a duel. It was worse than switching off after two minutes against Spurs.

"the last time dalot was on the bench for a game was on the 29th november 2023, he’s started every single game since" Well there you have it, another injury waiting to happen. Then we'll be left with Mazraoui as our only fit fullback and we'll have to play Martinez ot Evans at LB. From bad to worse. Dalot was player of the season, has been fairly consistent but the moment he has a few bad games because he's clearly struggling physically, he's always been terrible according to some people.

He wasn't and will continue to not be helped by the way we play and this is particularly noticeable away from home in Europe where we seemingly go for broke and (even for our lowly standards) turn the ball over with alarming regularity.

The inverted full back ploy simply cannot work if you don't have controlled possession. We have too many players who don't look after the ball well enough and as such, Dalot will often get caught ahead of the ball.

He also wasn't helped by Rashford last night he was poor going backwards. Still think it was mad of ETH to take him off however! The main issue was how deep our backline dropped allowing for crosses from deep.

Amass is a better LB than Dalot. Now that our season has turned into excrement we might as well start developing younger players where they are needed. And I'm thinking players like Collyer as well. But Amass looks a special talent and fearless in the challenge.

A lot of people talking about his positioning. If you think about it, he’s doing pretty much what AWB was doing last season and getting bolloxed for. Its not the player, its the instructions

Last edited:
He's been asked to do too much for his abilities.

Another disasterclass yesterday. I actually think he's a decent RB but he's not an inverted LB and our shambolic "system" or whatever ETH calls it doesn't exactly help him.

How stupid does this quote look like now? He was lethargic, slow, with no aggressiveness, stayed 2 meters away from his man, to scared to tackle, watching how the opposition was playing passes in the 18-yard box. It's like he doesn't even want to be on the pitch. Dear me.

It is absolutely shocking that every team targets our left side, they know they will get a chance. Sleeps a few yards back from the complete back line, playing the Porto player one on one with Onana. Game after game, beginners mistakes. To slow to overlap, ball watching. He is a shadow of the player from last year.
Be careful I got a bollocking for suggesting he wasn't very good.