De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need this one or Branthwaite over the line too. Then the defence is set -

I'm convinced it will be Branthwaite now (if we get Yoro). It would make sense with EtH preferring left footed players playing left centre back. It caused issues last season being short on such players, so I can't imagine we wouldn't be shoring up in that regard - as opposed to overloading with right footed centre backs.

It would also mean we have two experienced (Maguire and Martinez) and two young (Branthwaite and Yoro) in each position. Overall it feel more balanced signing Branthwaite.

I'm convinced it will be Branthwaite now (if we get Yoro). It would make sense with EtH preferring left footed players playing left centre back. It caused issues last season being short on such players, so I can't imagine we wouldn't be shoring up in that regard - as opposed to overloading with right footed centre backs.

It would also mean we have two experienced (Maguire and Martinez) and two young (Branthwaite and Yoro) in each position. Overall it feel more balanced signing Branthwaite.
I don't see INEOS paying the fee Everton are looking for and rightly so

If we can agree something similar for Branthwaite then fine, else De Ligt should be the next signing.

If we can agree something similar for Branthwaite then fine, else De Ligt should be the next signing.

2 failed bids and they have to replace a starter already. As soon as they sold, Orny reported Branthwaite would be "Maguire or Gvardiol" money. I hope we focus solely on De ligt now.

Agree with this, Hancko would be a great alternative for de Ligt. Better than Branthwaite.

Would be great cover for Martinez.
I think he offers a good physical level but an outstanding technical one that would make him an easy swap out for Martinez or even to fill in at LB for Shaw.

So we could have out of possession:

Dalot Yoro Martinez Shaw
Dalot Yoro Hancko Shaw
Dalot Yoro Martinez Hancko

All of those back lines have a good mix of progression and physicality.

In Possession:
Yoro Martinez Shaw​
Dalot (pushes up or central)

Yoro Hancko Shaw​

Yoro Martinez Hancko​

With Yoro deal in the bag (almost) I believe we will push for this deal next. We need experienced first team CB and this guy fits the bill. Has played for ETH before as well.

According to Sport Bild.....Eberl and Freund have told De Ligt's agent (I think Pimenta) that he must leave the club because Kompany prefers other center-backs.....no chance he will stay at the club.

Sooner or later this deal will happen.

No, Bayern is rich. Debt free, 31 years in a row profitable and allegedly €250m+ in the bank account.
But they are obviously planning to sell him.
We might be rich, but it has been reported various times by most German outlets that we need to sell first to get more transfers in, e.g. by Kicker.

As excited as I am for Yoro, the loss of experience and quality of Varane leaving does not get matched with Yoro’s signing.

De Ligt makes total sense. Naturally there was more of a need to get Yoro locked in due to Madrid. Hopefully a sale or two will allow us to get De Ligt in.

It’s almost certain we sign another CB after Yoro, but I’m not sure it’s going to be de Ligt anymore. I have a feeling ETH will insist for him, but at the same time a left-footed signing would probably be more ideal after Yoro.

I’m not too concerned, though.

Yoro+de Ligt=amazing acquisitions
Yoro+Branthwaite=amazing acquisitions

I wouldn’t be surprised if a new, left-footed target appears on our radar very soon, though.

Not his biggest fan but we need an established CB as well. Yoro would need a few seasons before he’s ready.

I think he offers a good physical level but an outstanding technical one that would make him an easy swap out for Martinez or even to fill in at LB for Shaw.

So we could have out of possession:

Dalot Yoro Martinez Shaw
Dalot Yoro Hancko Shaw
Dalot Yoro Martinez Hancko

All of those back lines have a good mix of progression and physicality.

In Possession:
Yoro Martinez Shaw​

Yoro Hancko Shaw​

Yoro Martinez Hancko​
This is exactly how I see it working with De Ligt as well with Yoro being a right sided Hancko and you buy a LB.

Would rather keep Harry and explore market for the next summer than sign this Bayern reject.
Yeah, I mean the guy failed at Juve and Bayern, is injury prone and lost his starting spot to Dier. I have no idea, why United is even interested in this fraud. And his dad is fat.

It’s almost certain we sign another CB after Yoro, but I’m not sure it’s going to be de Ligt anymore. I have a feeling ETH will insist for him, but at the same time a left-footed signing would probably be more ideal after Yoro.

I’m not too concerned, though.

Yoro+de Ligt=amazing acquisitions
Yoro+Branthwaite=amazing acquisitions

I wouldn’t be surprised if a new, left-footed target appears on our radar very soon, though.
You had to get involved math involved didn’t you?

We might be rich, but it has been reported various times by most German outlets that we need to sell first to get more transfers in, e.g. by Kicker.
It would obviously be financially prudent, but they could(!) buy Olise, Ito, Palhinha, Tah, Xavi, Doué without selling anymore players. They shouldn't and they won't, but they could.

Yoro = Greenwood fee (€30m) + Varane salary (€20m). Nice, INEOS. You mean business.Can they fund De Ligt with the same scheme?

Something to consider here is how much of an upgrade is De Ligt over Maguire?

Is he £40-50m better?
Definitely not 40-50m better but that's not really how it works though. Somethings are hard to quantify and there's a ton of other variables to consider. Also, the margins at the very top end of most/any elite spot is very fine, but they often make the difference between winning and losing.

According to Sport Bild.....Eberl and Freund have told De Ligt's agent (I think Pimenta) that he must leave the club because Kompany prefers other center-backs.....no chance he will stay at the club.

Sooner or later this deal will happen.
Yes true, reported this morning. Agent was informed to get him another club.

Something to consider here is how much of an upgrade is De Ligt over Maguire?

Is he £40-50m better?

Harry was good last year, probably would be happy to be on rotation. And use De Light that money for another MF. We need more than Ugarte.

Yeah, I mean the guy failed at Juve and Bayern, is injury prone and lost his starting spot to Dier. I have no idea, why United is even interested in this fraud. And his dad is fat.

If you like him so much go in front Allianz arena and make a protest against sellling him.
Is there more anoying fans than Buli ones. Ffs.

It would obviously be financially prudent, but they could(!) buy Olise, Ito, Palhinha, Tah, Xavi, Doué without selling anymore players. They shouldn't and they won't, but they could.
They could based on what? Based on healthy risk management or simply by looking at the available cash on the bank? €250m honestly is not that much in today's football world. And don't forget the high wages some of our players are on...

still convinced this one's going to happen. Prioritising Yoro makes sense, given the other suitors and him initially prefering Real ... with de Ligt, there's no rush since we know the price and the player wants to join. But in the end, I'd expect it to get done. No way we only bring in one fresh CB, given that both Varane and Kambwala have left, Lindelof might follow and the others have been injury prone in the past. Need at least two.

Martinez, Yoro, de Ligt, Maguire, (Lindelof), Evans is solid depth.

And his da… god damn it

This is exactly how I see it working with De Ligt as well with Yoro being a right sided Hancko and you buy a LB.
Changed my mind. I disagree because Dalot is an unquestionable starter now and has the robustness to start most games.
Definitely not 40-50m better but that's not really how it works though. Somethings are hard to quantify and there's a ton of other variables to consider. Also, the margins at the very top end of most/any elite spot is very fine, but they often make the difference between winning and losing.
I know it’s not quite an exact science but you can broadly see the point being made I guess? Is our squad in £40-50m worth of need of a De Ligt vs retaining a Maguire and investing elsewhere for now?

Harry was good last year, probably would be happy to be on rotation. And use De Light that money for another MF. We need more than Ugarte.

If you like him so much go in front Allianz arena and make a protest against sellling him.
Is there more anoying fans than Buli ones. Ffs.
That’s sort of where my head is at now in terms of transfer priorities until more moves happen we need a midfielder now more than other positions.
So we will be willljng to spend £30m for Hancko but we will refuse to spend another £12-15m to get De Ligt?
Hancko would solve LCB and LB rotation issues more than De Ligt upgrades on Maguire in my book.

I would still be delighted by De Ligt though.

So we will be willljng to spend £30m for Hancko but we will refuse to spend £12-15m to get De Ligt?

Why not, An extra £15m isn’t exactly pennies is it? We’re rumoured to have a tight budget and have other areas of the squad to address. Depending on how much we can raise through sales we may revisit this or we may go for a cheaper alternative.

We should still go for him I belive, if it all works out we could possibly have one of the top 5 Backlines in the europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.