De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think MDL is a better footballer than Maguire and I hope we sign him and dispose of Lindelof, but yeah, Maguire is underrated/over criticised in general. I enjoyed his resurgence (of sorts) last season.
Lindelof I agree on. Never been good enough despite everyone telling me he was a better player than Maguire this time last year.

Lindelof I agree on. Never been good enough despite everyone telling me he was a better player than Maguire this time last year.
I'd still have Lindelof over Maguire, at least with Lindelof he can be an emergency sub at either FB position. He still showed it last year, Maguire can't be flexed into another position, is older, and he's got either bad luck or he makes random dumb decisions in the penalty area. Lindelof has injury issues but at least he's more consistent.

I'd still have Lindelof over Maguire, at least with Lindelof he can be an emergency sub at either FB position. He still showed it last year, Maguire can't be flexed into another position, is older, and he's got either bad luck or he makes random dumb decisions in the penalty area. Lindelof has injury issues but at least he's more consistent.
Consistently bad.

Consistently bad.

Both of them are awful.

Yet in another thread you're trying to tell us we don't have a dreadful squad and should be optimistic about the season. Make your mind up.

The bulk of the team is actually good. Having a few awful players doesn't equate to the entire team. Maguire is 31 and is full of mistakes and I am not sure what Lindelof is even good at.

Martinez, Yoro, De Ligt would be an an enormous upgrade from Martinez, Maguire, Lindelof.

Maguire is slower than MDL though, so it's a funny comparison he made.
Yeah MDL is a bit faster than what he’s given credit for on here - IMO of course. He’s comfortably played a high line for a lot of his career etc. But not really a debate I want to get into :lol:
Yeah there’s benefits to both Maguire and Lindelof. Ideally we’d move on from both (just my opinion), but we’re not shifting Maguire on his wage etc. so might as well keep him.

Erm, what pace? Martinez is far from quick.

I don't agree with that. Most defenders are not as quick as most forwards, without question, but Martinez has more than enough pace compared to most defenders in the PL.

Hope we also sign Hermoso, and that will make our CBs position very strong. Lindelof and Maguire should hopefully be sold.

35m upfront plus AWB for De Ligt and Mazzeroui isn’t too bad I don’t think considering he’s in the last year of his deal.
It's a good deal I agree

Nice! Seems like a great addition. Martinez, De Ligt, Yoro. Not a bad group of CBs.

Just hope his dad isn’t the one dropping him to the medical.

We wanted to make 4 new signings before end of window, 2 done 2 to go.

Ugarte + one more

Status
Not open for further replies.