De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What impact is the hit and run he maybe involved with going to have on this season ? Has there been anymore developments ?

What impact is the hit and run he maybe involved with going to have on this season ? Has there been anymore developments ?
He damaged a parking car, what should happen? He is getting a small fine and thats it.

Laughable that something like this even makes it into the news

I think a long suspended sentence or a short prison sentence of up to two years are most realistic.

Surely they can't start training before an official announcement, can't be them.
They can’t train with the team before the transfer is concluded. Whether or not it is publicly announced is not relevant - there could be reasons to delay announcement

He is going to be in the starting XI so I don’t see how this would work.

It'd be fun to just not announce it and start the match with them both in the 11.

Would remind me of when we brought Scholesy out of retirement most had no idea until the team sheet came out against City.

Perhaps an on-pitch announcement on Friday evening? Ala Varane.
That would be dragging it out. We all know he’s signed so it may aswell get announced tonight and then bang him in the starting 11 on Friday. We’ve only started announcing players before a game when there superstars that have won everything. Casemiro/Varane.

Scholes was a great player and his in game football IQ was off the scale, but he is a dreadful pundit with a boring voice and no charisma. He also comes across as not very intelligent and is always ill informed.
Openly doubting a player and downplaying his success before he's kicked a ball though? How on earth can that help? Our ex-players don't seem to realise they have a responsibility here to not crank up unnecessary pressure.

I might be wrong but I'm not sure Carragher has ever done that to a Liverpool signing. It feels like other pundits tend to back their players (from the start at least) and give them a chance before going in two footed.

Is that Thomas Tuchel on the far left? So it was always in addition to ETH and not instead of ETH.

On a serious note, I hope we have De Ligt and Mazza available for Friday.
De Ligt cannot be available and fully fit - he started team training with the team Monday after the usual medicals and performance tests and does not have a test match or even part of it in his legs.

Whereas Mazraoui should be fit and available - he started July 15th at the team's trainings start.

De Ligt cannot be available and fully fit - he started team training with the team Monday after the usual medicals and performance tests and does not have a test match or even part of it in his legs.

Whereas Mazraoui should be fit and available - he started July 15th at the team's trainings start.
Wonder if we'll start with the same back 4 that started the shield or if Mazraoui will play LB/RB in which case Martinez moves to CB. Not an ideal start with all these injuries but we should have enough to put Fulham away at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.