De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lineup-1.png

This is my low block muppet dream for now based on our links, thats if Yoro actually signed no fullbacks just packing the midfield with press resistant players. For the big four we'd probably go with 4 at the back.

A player like Zirkzee can drop back, receive the ball turn and run at defenders, same with Mainoo, or both (and Garnacho) could pull wide and Fernandes could find them.

For the times we need to go long, given Zirkzee and Hojlunds ability to take the ball down and their height we should be able to win the duels from long balls up the field if needed.

Did De Ligt and Licha play together at the back for Ajax?

No.

De Ligt sold 18th july 2019. Martinez bought 1. july 2019.
Technically they were both in the club for 2-3 weeks, in the middle of the summer.

What’s de ligt like with progressive passes? Can he pass out from the back comfortably like Martinez

My big worry with this signing is the wages. Otherwise he seems a punt worth taking given the potential he was thought of having

Say what you want about our transfer business the past few years, but if we manage to get De Ligt and Yoro in the same window for less than 100 mil, it would be excellent business. Our biggest need this summer was upgrading the spine of our team (CB and 6). If we land those two and Ugarte along with Zirkzee it would be an excellent summer.

Last edited:
What’s de ligt like with progressive passes? Can he pass out from the back comfortably like Martinez
Not as good as Martinez but better than Varane and Maguire. Probably on par with Lindelof.

Varane was on more than he is going to be on and Martial was on 200k. Them leaving easily covers it.

It's the going rate really amongst top clubs, I agree and also I think the contracts will be more 'performance related' too now a base salary and others based on things like clean sheets.

There is no one in the world as good as Martinez to be fair

Yeah, we're not finding a central defender with the build-up capabilities of Martínez. De Ligt just has to be good enough, which I believe he is.

lineup-1.png

This is my low block muppet dream for now based on our links, thats if Yoro actually signed no fullbacks just packing the midfield with press resistant players. For the big four we'd probably go with 4 at the back.

A player like Zirkzee can drop back, receive the ball turn and run at defenders, same with Mainoo, or both (and Garnacho) could pull wide and Fernandes could find them.

For the times we need to go long, given Zirkzee and Hojlunds ability to take the ball down and their height we should be able to win the duels from long balls up the field if needed.
Looks like one of those formations you try 15-20 years into an FM save when you've been dominant for too long.

Not as good as Martinez but better than Varane and Maguire. Probably on par with Lindelof.
Think Maguire is a lot better on the ball than Lindelof, who never takes responsibility with the ball (or defending). Maguire is a much more consistent long passer and is far more willing to push up agressively, and can help in transition.

Lindelof has one or two nice long passes to Rashford every season and has now built up himself some reputation as ball-playing defender.

lineup-1.png

Will get murdered. Who will defend the wings ?

50 million Euros is about 40 million quid which is the same as Max Killman.

Sounds a decent signing. Just worry about Injuries. Having said that, we are clearly duty bound to have one extremely injury prone CB at the club at all times, so he is filling a vital role since Jones and Varane left.

lineup-1.png

A formation without wing-backs, pretty ambitious but this is real life not Fifa.

Status
Not open for further replies.