De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently deal not that close according to Ornstein and Anka on Athletic podcast, sounds like Yoro and Todibo are above him but neither not likely for different reasons.

Not only is Todibo unlikely, it's also a deal we cannot do, so if De Ligt is behind Todibo, then the deal is practically off.

is it wise to buy a player that plays for a national side that gets knocked out of euro semi-finals?

Nice!

Bruno Captain and next season probably give the vice captaincy to someone like Rashford and try and finally light a fire under him. I’d imagine De Ligt will captain us plenty once he’s been here for a few years.

Yeah could see that

Nice!

Bruno Captain and next season probably give the vice captaincy to someone like Rashford and try and finally light a fire under him. I’d imagine De Ligt will captain us plenty once he’s been here for a few years.

Rashford shouldn't be anywhere near the club let alone vice-captaining the side.

Rashford shouldn't be anywhere near the club let alone vice-captaining the side.

We made him the highest paid academy player in the clubs history. We have to at least try everything to make it work, I assume it’s last chance saloon though as far as showing no effort and openly stropping on the pitch goes. I fancy him to have a good season. We are finally buying the best players we possibly can and investing in the infrastructure. Who wouldn’t want to be a part of it? The only way is down for Rashford. PSG or not. His camp will know this.

We made him the highest paid academy player in the clubs history. We have to at least try everything to make it work, I assume it’s last chance saloon though as far as showing no effort and openly stropping on the pitch goes. I fancy him to have a good season. We are finally buying the best players we possibly can and investing in the infrastructure. Who wouldn’t want to be a part of it? The only way is down for Rashford. PSG or not. His camp will know this.
We don't. Poor form and injuries are one thing. Strolling around the pitch looking disinterested while everyone is running their bollocks off is different thing. Definitely not captain material. Players need to realize that playing for Manchester United is a privilege and not a right.

De Ligt apparently has very strong leadership qualities. He was Ajax's youngest ever captain. I would still be weary of making him vice-captain though. Might need a season or two and see how he does here.

What kind of message would it send to the young players if we awarded someone behaving like that with the vice captaincy?

its time to wrap up this deal and Zirkzee. Maybe Uruguay will go out tonight as well and we can get Ugarte done in the next 7 days.

Isn’t anyone else worried he was meant to be the next big thing and now a few years later he’s been moved on by both juve and bayern…yet we’re happy for sloppy seconds - plus he cant even get into the Dutch team first xi yet we’re offering him a supposed 4-5 year contract

Doesn’t add up to me and i don’t buy the whole ‘he’d be better than Maguire’ argument as I thought we were going away from silly money contracts

Both De Ligt and Big Z arent gonna be knackered for preseason given they haven’t played any football over the past month. Im sure they will still need time off but still.

Bild is reliable right for Bayern right? Hopefully now since Dutch are out of the Euro, we will see De Ligt and Zhirkee wraped up by the end of this week.

Isn’t anyone else worried he was meant to be the next big thing and now a few years later he’s been moved on by both juve and bayern…yet we’re happy for sloppy seconds - plus he cant even get into the Dutch team first xi yet we’re offering him a supposed 4-5 year contract

Doesn’t add up to me and i don’t buy the whole ‘he’d be better than Maguire’ argument as I thought we were going away from silly money contracts

Another holy trifecta!!! :lol:

For what it’s worth, Leeds were happy to move on Eric, and that sloppy seconds from the scum I consider our best signing ever.

Bayern consider sloppy Robben the same, as do Inter with sloppy Sneijder.

Yep

What part of the contract appears silly?

It's an old familiar tale, us and Bayern, like Charlie Brown and Lucy holding the football.

its time to wrap up this deal and Zirkzee. Maybe Uruguay will go out tonight as well and we can get Ugarte done in the next 7 days.

Unfortunately there is a 3rd/4th place play off match at Copa American, so all the semi finalists will be there until the death!

Hes Bayerns best center back.

Yet they have no concern about losing him.

Even if they view him as their best CB, they seem to feel a sum of money that is not exactly earth shattering is more advantageous to their development as a club than the value De Ligt represents in their squad.

I think any time teams like this are selling a player it's definitely something that at least raises an eyebrow, or probably should.

I agree and this is compared to two other players Red Cafe unanimously wanted us to sign. I really wanted Upemecano but the reality is currently he’s far from perfect. Will they become better than De Ligt? Who knows, Bayern have been far better run than us and in a much easier league so they will be winning stuff again soon. As things stand I’m really pleased with the moves we are making and how organised we seem to be.

Yet they appear absolutely delighted with Spurs bench option CB, a player Spurs had no concern about losing.

Not black and white is football.

Mourinho hated Shaw, tonnes of our fans adore him.
Managers have sold many a great player in the past, from De Bruyne, to Robben, to Cantona.
Kompany and the transfer team likely think their CB options are good regardless of De Ligt, and with Kim & Upamecano they are. Likely then they prefer to give the ok to sell De Ligt and reduce a huge wage bill in order to improve the areas in which they lack in quality and aren’t so stacked as they are at CB.

Last edited:

Even if they view him as their best CB, they seem to feel a sum of money that is not exactly earth shattering is more advantageous to their development as a club than the value De Ligt represents in their squad.

I think any time teams like this are selling a player it's definitely something that at least raises an eyebrow, or probably should.
They are under a new decision maker who has been questioned heavily by the fans. Their own fans see de Ligt as their best CB and went as far as raising a petition to force the boards hand.

National team out of euros are we getting this done tomorrow??? Might as well strikes when the iron is hot before he jets off to his holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.