De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let's look at the facts we know:

Fat genetics
Failed at Juve and Bayern
Injury prone
Dutch
Worked with ten Hag
Bayern looking to sell

I only see pros, lads, not one single con.

The fat genetics was meant to be a joke yet it’s quite unbelievable that some are taking it seriously. The rest have been debated to death.

Do you need a left back as well? We're keen on offloading Davies as well, so you might be in for a discount if you take both :D

Of course. I simply mean they don’t seem to be rumoured for weeks and weeks, it seems to hit the press and is wrapped up shortly after.
Do you pay much attdntion to other clubs business?

Yep this is happening. Not one rumor to suggest other clubs are getting involved or that Bayern are re-thinking.

Are we going to be in trouble with UEFA for working on more than one transfer simultaneously?

I don’t know how it’s happening, but we should try and get these over the line before anybody else realises this is a thing.

It really does seem that the only thing stopping all these deals being completed and announced is Copa and Euros. I think De Ligt, Zirkee, Ugarte are practically done, just being held up.

:lol:

He didn't play him at all so much that he played 5/6 CL Ko games starting 4 and the one game he was out injured. Maybe Bayern board forced him to play, after all we all know Tuchel is a yes man and just does what he is told.
Well, that’s why I found it funny/odd. I also kept seeing that he lost his job to Dier, but then almost the same sources complained that was only being paired with Dier.

And then there’s the whole “fat dad” thing …

It all looks intentionally comical? Even the “petition”, really.

So I’m curious. Everything I wrote in the first post I found in German press btw, in case that wasn’t implied.

Three completely different scenarios. If you think the Bayern fans have even 1 percent chance of getting their way in this, you're delusional.

Doesn't happen all the time either...never happens more like
More like it does happen all the time? Did the fans get Bayern to drop Qatar as a sponsor? Ya they did.

I‘m not saying it will happen but it most definitely could happen.

More like it does happen all the time? Did the fans get Bayern to drop Qatar as a sponsor? Ya they did.

60000 fans signed but most people do not fancy De Ligt in Munich. He is too slow for Bayerns style of play and that high line.

They just bought Ito and want Tah as well.. plus they have Kim and Upamecano (not to mention Dier).

Bayern wants to sell and Kompany prefers Upamecano. He made that decision and De Ligt will have to move.

The reluctancy for this tansfer here is bizarre to me..

Do people realize we just finished 8th in the PL and cannot offer Champions League/Europa League football to potential signings? Being able to get a player of his quality, his age, his price, his experience at the highest level.. Its a jackpot signing..

Sure, when he was 17 and captained Ajax to the semi finals of the Champions League people would have expected him to be THE best central defender in the world by a distance, and it didnt turn out like that (yet), but that doesnt mean that he is not a world class defender still.. So many games at Juve and Bayern, so highly valued by both clubs..

Bayern doesnt want him gone cause he is not good enough.. They want him gone cause they finished 3rd and want to do a squad rebuild and desperately need the financial room he would bring in..

As for The Netherlands.. Its said often before in this thread.. De Vrij is playing RCB, because where on paper we play with a back 4, in practice we play with 3 (Dumfries far up and Ake coming center). De Vrij is more comfortable as a semi rb than De Ligt, who is a real pure central defender.. Koeman wants someone there who can easily drift of tot he right.. It has nothing to do with Koeman not rating him, De Ligt is just back up for VVD.

Ake/vdVen - VVD/De Ligt - De Vrij/Geetruida - Dumfries/Frimpong.

De Ligt brings proven natural leadership skills, physicality, height, football skills, 3-5 goals per year.. He is not as quick as vd Ven for example, but he is far from slow.. He made is possible that Daley Blind could excel as an LCB for a high pressing team ffs..

At this stage, being able to sign a player of De Ligt his age/quality for the prices which go around.. Absolute no-brainer!
There is a section of United fans who are obsessed with signing unproven young players, who they have never seen play.

There are fans on this forum who are obsessed with a player like Diomande from Sporting, but will reject the chance to sign De Ligt at 2/3 the price. They have no explanation as to why they want him, but having watched both play, it is fairly evident that Diomande is probably 24 months away from being ready to be a week in, week out starter for a top PL club. Whilst De Ligt is arguably Bayern Munichs best centre back and proven in multiple countries and also in UCL.

They want us to find the next centre back great playing at the bottom of the French league or the Belgium league and expect them to come in at one of the most difficult moments for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

De Ligt is an awesome signing for us.

Surely we should sell Lindelof and or Maguire first otherwise we're going to be stuck with lowball offers because teams know we can't keep all those CBs.

Just to be clear. Rumors back then suggested that it was actually Qatar who backed out of the deal.

I am so happy that De Ligt is joining us. He has been very good in München and it seems odd to me that they are willing to sell him at all. If Harry Maguire plays at his best level, we are going to have an interesting competition for the central position in the defense.

Sorry, but no.

A sponsorship not being renewed and United pulling the plug on signing a racist because of mass outcry among the fans isn't equal to letting the fans interfere in your transfer dealings and especially with a €50m asset you already have on your books.

Imagine the Bayern board telling Kompany they've decided not to sell de Ligt because the fans don't want that. :lol: Or them telling Leverkusen and Jonathan Tah the same thing.

Last edited:
I am so happy that De Ligt is joining us. He has been very good in München and it seems odd to me that they are willing to sell him at all. If Harry Maguire plays at his best level, we are going to have an interesting competition for the central position in the defense.
The second sentence must be sarcasm, right?

We didn’t get the club to drop Qatar. The club wanted to extend with them. It was Qatar who were so annoyed with the protests, that they didn’t want to continue with the sponsorship.

Surely we should sell Lindelof and or Maguire first otherwise we're going to be stuck with lowball offers because teams know we can't keep all those CBs.
Surely we should hold off on selling Maguire and Lindelof otherwise we’re going to be stuck with overpriced players because teams know we absolutely need to buy.

There is a section of United fans who are obsessed with signing unproven young players, who they have never seen play.

There are fans on this forum who are obsessed with a player like Diomande from Sporting, but will reject the chance to sign De Ligt at 2/3 the price. They have no explanation as to why they want him, but having watched both play, it is fairly evident that Diomande is probably 24 months away from being ready to be a week in, week out starter for a top PL club. Whilst De Ligt is arguably Bayern Munichs best centre back and proven in multiple countries and also in UCL.

They want us to find the next centre back great playing at the bottom of the French league or the Belgium league and expect them to come in at one of the most difficult moments for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

De Ligt is an awesome signing for us.

It's probably because they did that on Football Manager.

Surely we should hold off on selling Maguire and Lindelof otherwise we’re going to be stuck with overpriced players because teams know we absolutely need to buy.
I'd rather need to buy than need to sell. And if we have Maguire and Lindelof then we don't need to buy do we?

Status
Not open for further replies.