De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a section of United fans who are obsessed with signing unproven young players, who they have never seen play.
The only perfect player is one you've never seen play. The second you watch them you have to acknowledge they have flaws.

Prominent announcement soon i guess. I can't wait to have a year where we have decent CB's to choose from! Last year was so unbearable seeing what we had with all the injuries and bad form.

I'd rather need to buy than need to sell. And if we have Maguire and Lindelof then we don't need to buy do we?
This line of thinking left us with the midfield we’ve had for too long. It’s seems the new approach is sign players who are an improvement and let the players we don’t need go at a low valuation so they’re off the books. We can shift anyone for the right price, Donny finally got his move got £500k.

This line of thinking left us with the midfield we’ve had for too long. It’s seems the new approach is sign players who are an improvement and let the players we don’t need go at a low valuation so they’re off the books. We can shift anyone for the right price, Donny finally got his move got £500k.
Yep agreed, as oppose to offering renewals left right and center to "preserve value" - only to be stuck with basically loaned out/non-existing players on high wages.

It's a little hefty but that's the market price now for someone that is as proven as could be at that level.

Wish the Dutch were out of the Euros after the group stage. This deal would be done by now.

What is this sorcery. How are we negotiating several transfers at the same time?

I was told this was not possible. Playing clubs against each other and in the process getting a fairer/lower transfer fee.

Can Southgate please bore the Netherlands into a defeat so we can get this one done ASAP please.

Sorry for being ignorant but who the feck is that?
19 year old winger who was on loan at Feyenoord from Newcastle. He developed well, and very quickly in only one season, but Brighton bought him for 39 million for some reason. After the sun total of a decent half season in the Dutch league.

Buying De Ligt for only 5 extra seems like an amazing deal.

Concerned about his injuries, especially in a more physical league, but at the price quoted he’s good value for a player of his calibre. We’ll definitely need backup if we sign him, can’t see him or Martinez playing a full season.

19 year old winger who was on loan at Feyenoord from Newcastle. He developed well, and very quickly in only one season, but Brighton bought him for 39 million for some reason. After the sun total of a decent half season in the Dutch league.

Buying De Ligt for only 5 extra seems like an amazing deal.

Newcastle will probably buy a shit Brighton player for 38 million for ffp.

Reported for text speak.
How does that work now? Do you report the post to yourself? Or do you have a Cheimoon sock puppet that you use to tell you that you've reported a post? Maybe the sock puppet is the Mod? Who wears the Mod Crown? So many questions.

How does that work now? Do you report the post to yourself? Or do you have a Cheimoon sock puppet that you use to tell you that you've reported a post? Maybe the sock puppet is the Mod? Who wears the Mod Crown? So many questions.
The sock puppet, definitely. It comes with the job, but I can't say more or Niall will kill me.

I also was kidding of course, in case it needed explaining. (About reporting that post for text speak, not the sock puppet.)

Newcastle will probably buy a shit Brighton player for 38 million for ffp.
Ah yes, I assumed it was some sort of trick.

Regarding Minteh, I do think there's a tiny chance he will actually become a good player. When he just came to Feyenoord he had played like 5 games of professional football and while he was fast he was completely brainless and had no idea what to do tactically. At the end of the season he was our most dangerous winger and ended on 10 goals and 6 assists. Still doesn't say that much since it's the Dutch league, but I've never seen someone develop from barely a professional player into a Eredivisie star in such a short time. Not sure his circus act works in the premier league though.

I've never heard of a centre back described as defender central before. Is that an American thing?

From football manager. DC, DL, DR and so on... Think they've changed that now as the game has evolved and positions and tactics are more advanced. But that's what it was called in earlier versions of the game

Apparently deal not that close according to Ornstein and Anka on Athletic podcast, sounds like Yoro and Todibo are above him but neither not likely for different reasons.

Apparently deal not that close according to Ornstein and Anka on Athletic podcast, sounds like Yoro and Todibo are above him but neither not likely for different reasons.
I think I’d trust cfc Bayern when it comes to their transfers rather than anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.