De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their wage bill IS a huge problem, hence the push to jettison even players like Kimmich. De Ligt is on 15m a year, 307k euros per week and didn’t start.
You guys are still doing this? Let me guess: he was benched by Dier? :lol:

I'd hazard a guess that most people born after the invention of the internet won't even understand what the product is. But I grew up with 3 channels and a dial house phone :lol:. It was a simpler time.

As a man of a certain age I also recognise people of a certain age and would like to say that for all the skeletons in our closets, I think it’s important to Scotch any rumours that we’re not ‘down wiv da kids’.

So I’d like to state for the record that I think De Ligt will be an excellent purchase. And am prepared to re-record this view as many times as necessary so it doesn’t fade away.

I always thought our weekly wage bill is completely fecked as this is ours for last season:
  • Casemiro - £350k p/w
  • Varane - £340k
  • Rashford - £300k
  • Martial - £250k
  • Mount - £250k
  • Bruno - £240k
  • Antony - £200k
  • Sancho - £195k
  • Maguire - £190k
  • Shaw - £150k
  • Eriksen - £150k
But then I quickly took a look at Bayern's and this is theirs:
  • Harry Kane - €480k
  • Neuer - €400k
  • Muller - €395k
  • Sane - €385k
  • Kimmich - €375k
  • Gnabry - €363k
  • Goretzka - €346k
  • Coman - €327k
  • De Ligt - €307k
  • Kim Min-Jae - €230k
  • Davies - €216k
  • Upamecano - €192k
  • Laimer - €173k
  • Guerreiro - €154k
  • Mazraoui - €154k
  • Choupo-Moting - €135k
  • Zaragoza - €127k
That's fecking atrocious. I guess that is why they are selling De Ligt as he seems to be the only few with a good resale value. Not to mention that ours will be looking a lot better this season with Martial and Varane leaving while we are looking to move Casemiro and Sancho on.

All figures from https://www.capology.com/ by the way.
The funny part about their salary list....Musiala is so much down :lol:

I always thought our weekly wage bill is completely fecked as this is ours for last season:
  • Casemiro - £350k p/w
  • Varane - £340k
  • Rashford - £300k
  • Martial - £250k
  • Mount - £250k
  • Bruno - £240k
  • Antony - £200k
  • Sancho - £195k
  • Maguire - £190k
  • Shaw - £150k
  • Eriksen - £150k
  • Harry Kane - €480k
  • Neuer - €400k
  • Muller - €395k
  • Sane - €385k
  • Kimmich - €375k
  • Gnabry - €363k
  • Goretzka - €346k
  • Coman - €327k
  • De Ligt - €307k
  • Kim Min-Jae - €230k
  • Davies - €216k
  • Upamecano - €192k
  • Laimer - €173k
  • Guerreiro - €154k
  • Mazraoui - €154k
  • Choupo-Moting - €135k
  • Zaragoza - €127k
That's fecking atrocious. I guess that is why they are selling De Ligt as he seems to be the only few with a good resale value. Not to mention that ours will be looking a lot better this season with Martial and Varane leaving while we are looking to move Casemiro and Sancho on.

So there is a chance Mount could become our highest paid player :lol: (assuming Casemiro and Rashford are sold).

• Casemiro - £350k p/w
  • Varane - £340k
  • Rashford - £300k
  • Martial - £250k
  • Mount - £250k
  • Bruno - £240k
  • Antony - £200k
  • Sancho - £195k
  • Maguire - £190k
  • Shaw - £150k
  • Eriksen - £150k
  • Harry Kane - €480k
  • Neuer - €400k
  • Muller - €395k
  • Sane - €385k
  • Kimmich - €375k
  • Gnabry - €363k
  • Goretzka - €346k
  • Coman - €327k
  • De Ligt - €307k
  • Kim Min-Jae - €230k
  • Davies - €216k
  • Upamecano - €192k
  • Laimer - €173k
  • Guerreiro - €154k
  • Mazraoui - €154k
  • Choupo-Moting - €135k
  • Zaragoza - €127k

Casemiro, Rashford, Antony, Mount, Sancho, Maguire and Shaw (purely for his injury record) shouldn't be getting anywhere near as much. Ed Woodward, Matt Judge and John Murtough have a lot to answer for.

The funny part about their salary list....Musiala is so much down :lol:
To be fair, he is 12!

Bayern have top 5 revenue (on par with Untied despite the much lower TV money) and they spend it on their players. Their salaries have always been competitive despite what some people on the Cafe might say. ;)

What do we think Bayern are going to ask money wise. We getting rinsed??

Having followed Ajax Champions League campaign he was my first choice CB back in 2019. 2nd Maguire, 3rd Ruben Dias.

Does he still have the potential to be a top/world class CB?

Havent followed his progress since his time at Ajax. His injury record looks like an obvious red flag..

Already been mentioned several times in the thread that it is reported to be £42M.

Wow alarm bells on that price. I’m certain it hasn’t been mentioned before, but I’d be suspicious why Bayern are selling so low!

Don’t think him coming from Bayern is any reason for concern. Us buying players at the end of their prime is the big issue. Hope that era is completely over.

With Todipo off, this is now a must transfer. I hope we do it quickly to avoid Bayern chiefs being influenced by that fans petition.

Admittedly I can't say I've watched a single game of his all season so can only go purely off the stats and I know that's an incomplete representation of a players quality, that said they didn't inspire a lot of confidence to be honest. Any reason why they would be so middle of the road? Was there some kind of context like covering another position for many games or missing his preferred cb partner etc? Obviously happy to see him in action and judge him properly after a full season here, but I wouldn't just blindly justify stats like the below if that's a normal season for him.

Screenshot-2024-07-06-000947.png

Admittedly I can't say I've watched a single game of his all season so can only go purely off the stats and I know that's an incomplete representation of a players quality, that said they didn't inspire a lot of confidence to be honest. Any reason why they would be so middle of the road? Was there some kind of context like covering another position for many games or missing his preferred cb partner etc? Obviously happy to see him in action and judge him properly after a full season here, but I wouldn't just blindly justify stats like the below if that's a normal season for him.

Screenshot-2024-07-06-000947.png
Why is it 1920 minutes played? The only time when he had under 85% passing accuracy was in 16/17 season.
IMG-3897.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.