De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what @TsuWave and/or @Tsunami is saying that he does have feet but he just can't find them. Perhaps he's put on a few while sitting on the bench and having lunch with his Dad.

I’ve heard about not being able to see your willy due to having too many lunches but not your feet. Surely that involves loads of desserts mostly associated with dinner?

34m for De Ligt is an absolute steal in this market.

Hopefully no underlying issues but it’s almost worth any risk at his age for that price.

Let’s put this in perspective Max fecking Kilman from wolves to west ham £40m and y’all making all these excuses why this transfer shouldn’t be happening. Unbelievable :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let’s put this in perspective Max fecking Kilman from wolves to west ham £40m and y’all making all these excuses why this transfer shouldn’t be happening. Unbelievable :lol: :lol: :lol:
What's that got to do with anything at all?

Absolutely irrelevant. The question is whether he's actually going to be any good, and why a club like Bayern are very happy to see him go.

What's that got to do with anything at all?

Absolutely irrelevant. The question is whether he's actually going to be any good, and why a club like Bayern are very happy to see him go.

what’s that quote about the tape and repeating itself again!!? Can’t be bothered

Edit can you guarantee he will be bad for us???

what’s that quote about the tape and repeating itself again!!? Can’t be bothered
Can you ever be bothered to make a legitimate point? Going on about Max Kilman is nonsense, who cares about Wolves and Max Kilman.

We need to be looking at the player and his attributes not just a fee. Many thought Varane was a wonderful fee on paper. Fitness, suitability to the PL, suitability to partnering somebody like Martinez, whether he can play a high line, surely would be more relevant ideas. Also why Bayern are so happy to sell him, what in his performance or history is causing that because they're not usually mugs, people often find justifications at the time for why clubs like Bayern and Real might be losing a player but many times this is a bad sign in itself.

Not sure about this one, buying players from Bayern or Madrid concerns me. I always think there is a reason they are selling.

Not sure about this one, buying players from Bayern or Madrid concerns me. I always think there is a reason they are selling.

Like when Bayern sold Toni Kroos or Madrid sold Arjen Robben

Going after a player like this is a bit worrisome, but the unfortunate reality is that this has become our level.

We're able to sign the players that aren't quite good enough for the Madrids and the Bayerns and the Cities of the world. The world's top clubs get players of the highest quality and we have to be content with the leftovers.

Can you ever be bothered to make a legitimate point? Going on about Max Kilman is nonsense, who cares about Wolves and Max Kilman.

We need to be looking at the player and his attributes not just a fee. Many thought Varane was a wonderful fee on paper. Fitness, suitability to the PL, suitability to partnering somebody like Martinez, whether he can play a high line, surely would be more relevant ideas. Also why Bayern are so happy to sell him, what in his performance or history is causing that because they're not usually mugs, people often find justifications at the time for why clubs like Bayern and Real might be losing a player but many times this is a bad sign in itself.
I'm sure he can play a high line, you don't get to be an Ajax prodigy and not be suited to playing the Cruyff way. He's also young, only 24 and was captain as a teenager, most likely he's got good leadership qualities. The injury concerns are overstated too. He's a risk just like any other signing but he's young enough to even improve as a center back, we won't be getting any better center back for less.

Going after a player like this is a bit worrisome, but the unfortunate reality is that this has become our level.

We're able to sign the players that aren't quite good enough for the Madrids and the Bayerns and the Cities of the world. The world's top clubs get players of the highest quality and we have to be content with the leftovers.

Bayern Munich just literally bought Spurs 3rd choice CB and play him every week.

They also hired a manager that got his team relegated after spending £100m the summer before...

It's almost like these things aren't so black and white in football

Oh and that was after begging Ralf to take the job. The German bloke who declared you simply can’t turn down an offer if Manchester United ask, even if it’s only short term, told Bayern to piss off.
Actually appears De Ligt himself is partly pushing this transfer, seems he wants a change, and wants a reunion with his old boss in the Prem.

Don’t forget we now have a proper football structure who are looking at this deal now. It isn't being run by money men who see De Ligt as someone who can sell shirts and look good for sponsors, and aren’t too fussed whether he’s a compatible player for the team at that time (feck you Woodward).

Berrada, Ashworth, Wilcox and Vivell will have all agreed to pursuing this deal based on football reasons.

Yoro is a lot younger the De Ligt. Lesser injury history. Like a more fresher car. Logically everyone want a new fresh car than car that has been driven for 4/5 years. It is not fresh and new as promising upcoming CB and player. And the end of career of players we all know. Out of date. New upcoming youngster is the opposite of retiremend players.

If the level and mentality is the same. Between 18-20 ---25 ------30 and above. Most smart and logically. Nothing personal. You go for the young fresh one. Expeieriences? The youngster will learn and experience with the ages and get use to it.

Football is a part of life and Universe. The circle of life. Start ----existence temporaliy - end. Sad but true. Nothing only football, but life true facts.

I was going to say what the feckity feck is this but I realized who the poster is.

Don’t forget we now have a proper football structure who are looking at this deal now. It isn't being run by money men who see De Ligt as someone who can sell shirts and look good for sponsors, and aren’t too fussed whether he’s a compatible player for the team at that time (feck you Woodward).

Berrada, Ashworth, Wilcox and Vivell will have all agreed to pursuing this deal based on football reasons.
They can’t tell a manager they aren’t going to go for a player he wants can they?

Just referring to our dealings.

Of which there are dozens of examples?

They literally sold us a player that held on to for as long as possible as we spent over a year trying to strong arm them into selling. They eventually reluctantly allowed him to join us, helped us win the League & Champions League double before getting big injury issues.

And then there was Bastian.

Of which there are dozens of examples?

They literally sold us a player that held on to for as long as possible as we spent over a year trying to strong arm them into selling. They eventually reluctantly allowed him to join us, helped us win the League & Champions League double before getting big injury issues.

And then there was Bastian.
More referring to Madrid with that reply.

And who have they sold us? Varane & Casemiro we all knew were late in the career, everyone knew they were short term solutions, but this lad is 24.
Madrid also sold us Di Maria at aged 26, right in his prime, they didn’t dupe us knowing he and his wife were gonna detest Manchester.
I only said I was concerned. I wasn't presenting a full on argument on why we shouldn't sign him.

This thread reminds me of an old cassette that got broken and repeats the same things again and again.

The only reason I come into this thread is to see if someone's made the daily "Ooh I wouldn't buy from Real or Bayern" comment.
I'm never disappointed.

I only said I was concerned. I wasn't presenting a full on argument on why we shouldn't sign him.

The reasons for selling have always been fairly obvious though.

• Owen Hargreaves desperately wanted the move, both United and the player spent a year forcing it on Bayern.

• Di Maria was not going to play with Bale & Ronaldo at the club, and they got big money for him.

• Schweiny, Varane & Cas were all approaching the twilight of their careers.

I don’t think there’s ever some hidden agenda as to why they are selling.
As for this deal, it simply looks like they’ve ended up with too many CB’s, and he’s the highest earner who was available the least last season, and he appears to fancy the move to his former boss. After a shit last season Bayern understandably want to free up some funds and freshen up their squad.

The reasons for selling have always been fairly obvious though.

• Owen Hargreaves desperately wanted the move, both United and the player spent a year forcing it on Bayern.

• Di Maria was not going to play with Bale & Ronaldo at the club, and they got big money for him.

• Schweiny, Varane & Cas were all approaching the twilight of their careers.

I don’t think there’s ever some hidden agenda as to why they are selling.
As for this deal, it simply looks like they’ve ended up with too many CB’s, and he’s the highest earner who was available the least last season, and he appears to fancy the move to his former boss. After a shit last season Bayern understandably want to free up some funds and freshen up their squad.
De ligt is young I suppose, but I am concerned about his knee injuries, especially coming into such a physical league. If we can get him on the cheap then it's not so bad I guess.

I'd be happy with this signing . I'm not concerned that Bayern are prepared to sell .

They've got a huge wage bill , they started spending big on players approaching 30 . Kane is 31 this month , palhinha 29 , the guy they are going to replace de ligt with is 28 .
They just finished 3rd , gave 30 year old Eric dier a contract , then got turned down off numerous managers before securing Kompany .

I think they've got problems brewing .

Good grief

This thread reminds me of an old cassette that got broken and repeats the same things again and again

Not sure it’s been mentioned but very concerned that Bayern are selling and that de ligt’s dad is the size of a fecking whale

Status
Not open for further replies.