De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not followed the thread but is no one concerned he's not played a minute this euros for Holland? Being kept out the team by a 32 year old
I'd be concerned if said team's manager wasn't a moron.

I've not followed the thread but is no one concerned he's not played a minute this euros for Holland? Being kept out the team by a 32 year old
That doesn’t say much though. A lot of managers nowadays have their favourite players and won’t change them regardless if anyones better on the bench. It’s better for us if he hasn’t started anyway. Means we’d be getting a fitter player back and injury free.

The ‚shit‘ teams are England, Portugal and France. Holland and especially Spain play good football.

You got outplayed by Arnautovic-led Austria and Turkey. Portugal played considerably better than Netherlands in my book
I think portugal were better, but didn't create enough all tournament. Netherlands actually play quite well considering the quality of their midfield and some questionable forward picks. They're at least exciting to watch.

I think portugal were better, but didn't create enough all tournament. Netherlands actually play quite well considering the quality of their midfield and some questionable forward picks. They're at least exciting to watch.
Yeah! The forward picks are tactical: Depay brings others into play, Bergwijn plays between the lines better than Malen. I would try Xavi on the right again, or Malen.

Wrong thread btw, this one is about De Ligt‘s dad (mostly).

Three out of the four semi finalists coaches are regarded as morons by their own fans.
Doesnt mean fans are wrong. These teams are full of super talent and two of them are getting away on penalties and random chances, where they should be easily crushing the opposition

Nah he's got no weaknesses. Read this thread.
:lol: Still cannot get excited about De Ligt. Feels like a huge gamble Hard to believe we couldn't get somebody less risky; or somebody on lower wages, if it had to be a gamble

Doesnt mean fans are wrong. These teams are full of super talent and two of them are getting away on penalties and random chances, where they should be easily crushing the opposition

:lol: Still cannot get excited about De Ligt. Feels like a huge gamble Hard to believe we couldn't get somebody less risky; or somebody on lower wages, if it had to be a gamble
Why a huge gamble? He plays well for Bayern. The ‚injury concern‘ is mostly made up.

His high wages are offset by a lower price; he‘s worth 70 million €. We can get him for 50 or so.

gamble
Why a huge gamble? He plays well for Bayern. The ‚injury concern‘ is mostly made up.

His high wages are offset by a lower price; he‘s worth 70 million €. We can get him for 50 or so.

Well the version that I see is:

1. He didnt work out at Juve
2. His Bayern tenure is lukewarm at best
3. He can't make Netherlands starting lineup

As for wages, it doesnt matter if "lower price" offsets his wages or not because

1. If he flops for us he will still be on high wages and impossible to move on
2. His high wages will create disbalance in squad were everybody better than him will want at least as much as him. Our wages got fecked when we gave Alexis insane wages for the same reasoning
3. His "real" price being "more 70" is all bullshit. Price of anything in a marketplace is how much people are willing to pay, and we only want to pay 50, and nobody else wants him for even that, so - tell us again, how is he in reality worth 70? He is not

You got outplayed by Arnautovic-led Austria and Turkey. Portugal played considerably better than Netherlands in my book
We're way more fun to watch though. Think that's what he means. We're definitely more entertaining than Ronaldo FC, France and England.

I'm also fairly sure we beat Turkey, though I drank alot so maybe I'm wrong.

Why risky? Not “injuries”? (last 7 seasons, he played 33, 33, 29, 27, 31, 31, 22* league games - the asterisk obviously being the one where he had an op and did miss a dozen or so games… affecting his Holland starting place).

He lost his spot at bayern towards the end of the season, after returning from injury. Hate to say it but has the hallmarks of a typical bayern sale. Knee injuries take a bit out of you.

gamble

As for wages, it doesnt matter if "lower price" offsets his wages or not because

1. If he flops for us he will still be on high wages and impossible to move on
2. His high wages will create disbalance in squad were everybody better than him will want at least as much as him. Our wages got fecked when we gave Alexis insane wages for the same reasoning
3. His "real" price being "more 70" is all bullshit. Price of anything in a marketplace is how much people are willing to pay, and we only want to pay 50, and nobody else wants him for even that, so - tell us again, how is he in reality worth 70? He is not
We don’t know what His wages will be yet; the reported figures are 200k which is average. If he demands wages that are too high, we should move on.

He didn‘t ‚fail’ at Juve: Bayern bought him for 70 million or so (correct me if I‘m wrong). Lukewarm at Bayern? His stats suggest otherwise.

As reported, De Ligt wants to go to MU and isn‘t talking to other clubs. A lot of clubs would be in for him I reckon, at that cut price. Bayern want him off their wage bill.

We're way more fun to watch though. Think that's what he means. We're definitely more entertaining than Ronaldo FC, France and England.

Better more entertaining playstyle. Like in Qatar, our squad isn‘t that great. I think our team is getting unfair criticism, basically being compared to great Dutch sides from the past. We cannot play that way with this squad.

Better more entertaining playstyle. Like in Qatar, our squad isn‘t that great. I think our team is getting unfair criticism, basically being compared to great Dutch sides from the past. We cannot play that way with this squad.
Agreed. Defensively a very nice set up in the back line but then midifeld doesn’t have the bite or technical grace of previous Dutch sides (especially with no De Jong or Koopmeiners for progression and creativity) and well the wide and striking options leave a lot to be desired aside from Gakpo who is a good forward but levels below the greats.

I'm happy you did! Don't think you've looked great or much fun though.

Austria did look fun, and look where it got them

gamble

1. If he flops for us he will still be on high wages and impossible to move on: Agree but who have we moved on recently ? There’s a season ahead and a reason ahead …and there is a 50 50 that he can turn good…you don’t have a reason with Maguire and Lindelof!
2. His high wages will create disbalance in squad were everybody better than him will want at least as much as him. Our wages got fecked when we gave Alexis insane wages for the same reasoning…what about sancho, Rashford? We will have to pay what they are worth which might not be worthy..bottomline is that he is a Good defender ..better than a Harry!
As pointed out by you ….Also as your your personal finances are not compromised…I would agree for this deal at max 50 million Euro

As pointed out by you ….Also as your your personal finances are not compromised…I would agree for this deal at max 50 million Euro
But it’s not my money or any of the forum members ! All opinions are appreciated

But it’s not my money or any of the forum members ! All opinions are appreciated

I remember similar "it is not our money, who cares how much we pay" reasoning when we overpaid for Antony, Sancho, Martinez etc etc etc

And then "suddenly", everybody remembered about FFP and United got so financially fecked that we couldn't get even the absolute necessities

So, yeah, I very much care about financials because it has direct (!) impact on the performances and I 100% care for us to get back to winning ways. My money or whoever's money, money matters and idiotic spending has been one of the primary reasons of our demise

Point being - I don't want to see anybody else coming on high wages, especially when they are clearly not a world-class player, and just maybe better than wrong players we have today

Another symptom of the Dutch/Ajax connection that has brought us Antony and Onana (when we could have had bloody Martinez). Behind Dier in the Bayern pecking order. Not the player he was when Ten Hag managed him. But Ten Hag might resurrect his career. A gamble.

Last edited:
Not just one, but two Dutch signings. On top all the Dutch coaches.... not sure but there might be a slight nationality bias

I really don't understand it! We have spend last few months on upgrades on the management and football side but come summer transfer window, the only players we seriously are linked with are 2 dutch players ETH knows. How is this a change from earlier years?

Status
Not open for further replies.