De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broken tape jokes are funny. But if the player turns out broken then it won't be that funny.

Can you ever be bothered to make a legitimate point? Going on about Max Kilman is nonsense, who cares about Wolves and Max Kilman.

We need to be looking at the player and his attributes not just a fee. Many thought Varane was a wonderful fee on paper. Fitness, suitability to the PL, suitability to partnering somebody like Martinez, whether he can play a high line, surely would be more relevant ideas. Also why Bayern are so happy to sell him, what in his performance or history is causing that because they're not usually mugs, people often find justifications at the time for why clubs like Bayern and Real might be losing a player but many times this is a bad sign in itself.
This post has zero foundation and basis. You're literally just saying Bayern don't want him and so he must be bad.

I respect Bayern as a club just as much as anyone, they are part of the 3-4 truly elite sides of the world. But they have made numerous mistakes in the market. From overpaying for the likes of Lucas Hernandez and Tolisso. To the underwhelming signings of Upamecano, KMJ and Gotze. And selling Kroos.

The same people who signed De Ligt are no longer at the club and they want to bring their own players in.

I always thought our weekly wage bill is completely fecked as this is ours for last season:
  • Casemiro - £350k p/w
  • Varane - £340k
  • Rashford - £300k
  • Martial - £250k
  • Mount - £250k
  • Bruno - £240k
  • Antony - £200k
  • Sancho - £195k
  • Maguire - £190k
  • Shaw - £150k
  • Eriksen - £150k
But then I quickly took a look at Bayern's and this is theirs:
  • Harry Kane - €480k
  • Neuer - €400k
  • Muller - €395k
  • Sane - €385k
  • Kimmich - €375k
  • Gnabry - €363k
  • Goretzka - €346k
  • Coman - €327k
  • De Ligt - €307k
  • Kim Min-Jae - €230k
  • Davies - €216k
  • Upamecano - €192k
  • Laimer - €173k
  • Guerreiro - €154k
  • Mazraoui - €154k
  • Choupo-Moting - €135k
  • Zaragoza - €127k
That's fecking atrocious. I guess that is why they are selling De Ligt as he seems to be the only few with a good resale value. Not to mention that ours will be looking a lot better this season with Martial and Varane leaving while we are looking to move Casemiro and Sancho on.

All figures from https://www.capology.com/ by the way.

This is completely wrong. I don't remember the exact figure but he's earning close to £300k/w or more.
I think those are the earnings if we include his bonuses for playing matches, scoring, assisting, consecutive games etc

His base is pretty close to that figure. And now that he is chilling with the reserves, he is not making any more than that.

This is completely wrong. I don't remember the exact figure but he's earning close to £300k/w or more.
I checked it on FBRef and the figure given there is £250k. Anyway, the rest of the figures are closely matched by what I saw on FBRef.

The point is Bayern's wage bill is way more fecked than ours and that is the main reason De Ligt is being sold - a question that was asked at least 64 times in this thread.

I checked it on FBRef and the figure given there is £250k. Anyway, the rest of the figures are closely matched by what I saw on FBRef.

The point is Bayern's wage bill is way more fecked than ours and that is the main reason De Ligt is being sold - a question that was asked at least 64 times in this thread.
Oh yea I agree on your overall point. Just that some of the figures seem off from what was reported at that time.

Let’s put this in perspective Max fecking Kilman from wolves to west ham £40m and y’all making all these excuses why this transfer shouldn’t be happening. Unbelievable :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kilman is a proven good PL CB who will be on at least half the wages with an impeccable injury record. Really not as clear cut as you think.

It's about £250-275k everywhere I've seen. I would assume that capology (the guy did provide you a source) have just tried to work out what he's being paid while he's out out loan, as it has done for other players on their website.

Yet De Ligt has won titles in every leagues he’s played in. So Kilman is a better player in your opinion?
All I'm saying is I've heard similar things before about our signings being bargains (Varane, Casemiro, Sancho, Van de beek). I'll wait and see how does in the PL first.

Nah Lindelof has always been terrible. But at time many thought he'd be a great signing....

Barely anyone knew who he was when he was signed. And whilst he's not good enough for us, he's a decent option for every midtable to chasing Europe sides - like Kilman.

Kilman is a proven good PL CB who will be on at least half the wages with an impeccable injury record. Really not as clear cut as you think.

So 27 year old Max Kilman for around £66m in a 5 year package assuming £100k/week wages on a 5 year contract, with a £40m fee,

or

25 year old Matthijs de Ligt for around £94m on a 5 year contract assuming £200k/week wages on a 5 year contract, with a £42m fee?

That £28m difference isn't really that much if you consider that de Ligt is undoubtedly the better player, is 2 years younger, and Manchester United should always have a much bigger wage bill, than West Ham, otherwise something is very wrong.

So 27 year old Max Kilman for around £66m in a 5 year package assuming £100k/week wages on a 5 year contract, with a £40m fee,

or

25 year old Matthijs de Ligt for around £94m on a 5 year contract assuming £200k/week wages on a 5 year contract, with a £42m fee?

That £28m difference isn't really that much if you consider that de Ligt is undoubtedly the better player, is 2 years younger, and Manchester United should always have a much bigger wage bill, than West Ham, otherwise something is very wrong.

De Ligt will be 24 for over a month more.

All I'm saying is I've heard similar things before about our signings being bargains (Varane, Casemiro, Sancho, Van de beek). I'll wait and see how does in the PL first.
So not courageous enough to back your own statement “Kilman is a good proven CB” now “ I’ll wait and see” :lol: :lol:

you are allowed your opinion that’s what this is here for but come on

Their wage bill IS a huge problem, hence the push to jettison even players like Kimmich. De Ligt is on 15m a year, 307k euros per week and didn’t start.

Everyone keeps telling me, when looking at the Bayern players “oh, well, they’ll be taking a pay cut to move”. …. Will they? Has anyone asked them that?

They’ve been leaking stories to anyone that will listen that they may be “forced” to let players move on for the right price because so many teams are coming in for them this year. But it sounds more and more like the Italian press “reminding” us every 5 or 6 days that Osimhen is for sale: desperation.

If you are using FBRef as a source, I believe the 195 for Sancho is what YOU covered on his wages last year. Combined with the wages Dortmund paid him he was still above 300

Their wage bill IS a huge problem, hence the push to jettison even players like Kimmich. De Ligt is on 15m a year, 307k euros per week and didn’t start.

Everyone keeps telling me, when looking at the Bayern players “oh, well, they’ll be taking a pay cut to move”. …. Will they? Has anyone asked them that?

They’ve been leaking stories to anyone that will listen that they may be “forced” to let players move on for the right price because so many teams are coming in for them this year. But it sounds more and more like the Italian press “reminding” us every 5 or 6 days that Osimhen is for sale: desperation.

If you are using FBRef as a source, I believe the 195 for Sancho is what YOU covered on his wages last year. Combined with the wages Dortmund paid him he was still above 300

Somehow these guys think everyone at ManUtd are paid insane wages and at Chelsea they are paid low wages even when Chelsea have bigger wage bill :lol:

Guys, for all we know, his mum might have been putting it about. That fat guy might not even be his real dad. It’s just as likely to be Frankie Dettori or Jarvis Cocker. Chill out.

So not courageous enough to back your own statement “Kilman is a good proven CB” now “ I’ll wait and see” :lol: :lol:

you are allowed your opinion that’s what this is here for but come on
In what way am I not backing my own statement?

Ours isn't really fecked anymore, people just keep repeating this thing because it was true 3-4 years ago.

Varane, Martial, Ronaldo, De Gea, Pogba, Cavani, and Mata all left the club in the last 24 months. That's over 2.1 million per week cleared from the wage bill.

Casemiro, Antony, Greenwood, Sancho, van de Beek, Maguire, Eriksen, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelöf, McTominay, Bayindir, and Amrabat are all likely to leave within the next 24. That's going to be another 1.5 million shaved off of it in the near future.

Of course, if our current promising crop of young players keep doing well, and keep improving, as well as success will collectively be achieved as a team, a lot of our players will need an improved contract, but that's expected and simply how things are.

My point is that there's a lot of space on our wage bill right now, and there's likely going to be even more soon, and a player of de Ligt's caliber will almost never earn less than £200k per week at a club the size of Manchester United.

34m for De Ligt is an absolute steal in this market.
Hopefully no underlying issues but it’s almost worth any risk at his age for that price.

But according to some, United should only sign Premier League proven, and he isn't Premier League proven.... :rolleyes:

I always thought our weekly wage bill is completely fecked as this is ours for last season:
  • Casemiro - £350k p/w
  • Varane - £340k
  • Rashford - £300k
  • Martial - £250k
  • Mount - £250k
  • Bruno - £240k
  • Antony - £200k
  • Sancho - £195k
  • Maguire - £190k
  • Shaw - £150k
  • Eriksen - £150k
  • Harry Kane - €480k
  • Neuer - €400k
  • Muller - €395k
  • Sane - €385k
  • Kimmich - €375k
  • Gnabry - €363k
  • Goretzka - €346k
  • Coman - €327k
  • De Ligt - €307k
  • Kim Min-Jae - €230k
  • Davies - €216k
  • Upamecano - €192k
  • Laimer - €173k
  • Guerreiro - €154k
  • Mazraoui - €154k
  • Choupo-Moting - €135k
  • Zaragoza - €127k
That's fecking atrocious. I guess that is why they are selling De Ligt as he seems to be the only few with a good resale value. Not to mention that ours will be looking a lot better this season with Martial and Varane leaving while we are looking to move Casemiro and Sancho on.

If we move Casemiro, Sancho, Greenwood, VDB and Eriksen on added to moving Varane and Martial on already that’s £2 million a week saved in wages alone so well over £100 million a year which is fecking insane to think about.

Somehow these guys think everyone at ManUtd are paid insane wages and at Chelsea they are paid low wages even when Chelsea have bigger wage bill :lol:
Chelsea have the 4th largest.

United have the largest.

You are, I think, mistaken. BUT it is a primary goal of team and ownership structure to make our wage bill make sense, and we have been moving in a good direction on that front

Chelsea have the 4th largest.

United have the largest.

You are, I think, mistaken. BUT it is a primary goal of team and ownership structure to make our wage bill make sense, and we have been moving in a good direction on that front

Let me guess, your source is sportac and some shit source?

As a man of a certain age, I recognise you as a man of a certain age

I'd hazard a guess that most people born after the invention of the internet won't even understand what the product is. But I grew up with 3 channels and a dial house phone :lol:. It was a simpler time.

• Casemiro - £350k p/w
  • Varane - £340k
  • Rashford - £300k
  • Martial - £250k
  • Mount - £250k
  • Bruno - £240k
  • Antony - £200k
  • Sancho - £195k
  • Maguire - £190k
  • Shaw - £150k
  • Eriksen - £150k
  • Harry Kane - €480k
  • Neuer - €400k
  • Muller - €395k
  • Sane - €385k
  • Kimmich - €375k
  • Gnabry - €363k
  • Goretzka - €346k
  • Coman - €327k
  • De Ligt - €307k
  • Kim Min-Jae - €230k
  • Davies - €216k
  • Upamecano - €192k
  • Laimer - €173k
  • Guerreiro - €154k
  • Mazraoui - €154k
  • Choupo-Moting - €135k
  • Zaragoza - €127k

Thats frightening from Bayern, they've always positioned themselves as more responsible where wagres are concerned, the top 4 in particular would be a big concern. Add to that they're going lose Davies or pay him massive money too.

On ours Varane is gone as is Martial, so thats good but Casemiro being on them wages is a problem but we're hopefully heading in the right direction.

Thats frightening from Bayern, they've always positioned themselves as more responsible where wagres are concerned, the top 4 in particular would be a big concern. Add to that they're going lose Davies or pay him massive money too.

On ours Varane is gone as is Martial, so thats good but Casemiro being on them wages is a problem but we're hopefully heading in the right direction.

Ideally we can also shift on Casemiro, Eriksen and Sancho at a minimum this summer. It would be a bonus if we could also look at Antony and Maguire this summer too, as then we’d start to have a really good hold on wages vs quality/value in the team.

You’d still argue Mount and possibly Rashford are slightly off but those contracts will be difficult to do anything about. Then depending on how Martinez does fitness wise this season he should be in line for a contract bump to where Maguire currently is roughly, I think he’s the only player you could say has an argument for being underpaid.

Lukaku is on 300k plus at Chelsea as is Sterling

Nah Lindelof has always been terrible. But at time many thought he'd be a great signing....
He hasn't always been terrible at all. Not good enough to be a cosistent starter for United? yeah, probably. Another example of hyperbole on here.

• Casemiro - £350k p/w
  • Varane - £340k
  • Rashford - £300k
  • Martial - £250k
  • Mount - £250k
  • Bruno - £240k
  • Antony - £200k
  • Sancho - £195k
  • Maguire - £190k
  • Shaw - £150k
  • Eriksen - £150k
  • Harry Kane - €480k
  • Neuer - €400k
  • Muller - €395k
  • Sane - €385k
  • Kimmich - €375k
  • Gnabry - €363k
  • Goretzka - €346k
  • Coman - €327k
  • De Ligt - €307k
  • Kim Min-Jae - €230k
  • Davies - €216k
  • Upamecano - €192k
  • Laimer - €173k
  • Guerreiro - €154k
  • Mazraoui - €154k
  • Choupo-Moting - €135k
  • Zaragoza - €127k

Yes but we don't know how accurate that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.