De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread reminds me of an old cassette that got broken and repeats the same things again and again :lol:

So we are buying a failure? This club tend to turn good players into shit so maybe this will have the opposite effect:smirk:

What a silly thing to focus on. We've had plenty of top defenders in the game who were about the same height or possibly shorter (athlete heights are usually exaggerated). Guys like Puyol and Baresi to name a few were hardly giants.

True but not in the EPL

Name me a Successful title winning EPL CB pairing who were both under the 6ft mark.

Last edited:
That being said, isn't the Dutch population one of the tallest in Europe? Regardless of league quality, it's not as if verticality isn't a challenge for Martinez and co.

Rules play part of it as well. When taibi played for us a striker came crashing down on him to try and score from a cross. Taibi didn't bother too much of it as in Italy any contact between the keeper and the defender tend to go in the keepers favour. Those were not the rules in the UK were goalkeepers has less protection thus crosses are far more effective. Cech himself complained about that years later as it exposed keepers to a greater risk of injury

Matthias (Matthijs) De Ligt bullshit bingo.

1. failed at Bayern and Juve
  2. old
  3. former Ajax player do not want
  4. average passer
  5. as slow as Maguire
  6. another eredivisie player do not want
  7. always injured
  8. Ten Hag knows him do not want
  9. doesn‘t start for his country
  10. benched by Dier
  11. he is fat
  12. too cheap something is fishy
  13. too expensive
  14. Maguire is better
  15. his dad is also fat
  16. has the turn circle of a lorry truck
What did I miss?
Actually read the whole list and kept getting triggered because i forgot to read the first line

Ok, probably massively missing something here but just googled and his Dad is really not that fat...

Ok, probably massively missing something here but just googled and his Dad is really not that fat...

He's extremely fat but also extremely small-boned. So De Ligt is both breathless and brittle; a tragic combination.

Wtf are you talking about thats just not true.
In the final third of the season de Ligt + Dier started all important games and Upamecano and Kim were benched.

You call all Bayern fans not sharing your oponion liars and are now - statistically provable - lie to "prove" your opinion.
Clown.
No need for the insult at the end.

too expensive

This one is one of the funniest ones, because I wonder how many posters would say £42m and £200k in wages isn't a huge bargain for a 25 year old Rúben Dias. De Ligt is a very, very similar profile and level to the Portuguese, but doesn't have the CV yet and doesn't play for the best team in the world, so people don't see it. Maguire is also a similar profile and level, btw, but the masses are not ready for that conversation.

Matthias (Matthijs) De Ligt bullshit bingo.

1. failed at Bayern and Juve
  2. old
  3. former Ajax player do not want
  4. average passer
  5. as slow as Maguire
  6. another eredivisie player do not want
  7. always injured
  8. Ten Hag knows him do not want
  9. doesn‘t start for his country
  10. benched by Dier
  11. he is fat
  12. too cheap something is fishy
  13. too expensive
  14. Maguire is better
  15. his dad is also fat
  16. has the turn circle of a lorry truck
What did I miss?
How fat exactly is his dad?

This one is one of the funniest ones, because I wonder how many posters would say £42m and £200k in wages isn't a huge bargain for a 25 year old Rúben Dias. De Ligt is a very, very similar profile and level to the Portuguese, but doesn't have the CV yet and doesn't play for the best team in the world, so people don't see it. Maguire is also a similar profile and level, btw, but the masses are not ready for that conversation.

MDL is maybe of similar profile to Dias, but he is not as good or similar level to Dias, he could be though since he is a good defender with good qualities and young for a CB (CBs peak a bit later than others), the reported £42m in transfer fees and £200k in wages are not prohibitive, it is still a lot but not as crazy, I was worried BM would demand up to €70M, but they are reportedly asking for less than that and hopefully the club negotiates a deal around €50M in total.

MDL is maybe of similar profile to Dias, but he is not as good or similar level to Dias, he could be though since he is a good defender with good qualities and young for a CB (CBs peak a bit later than others), the reported £42m in transfer fees and £200k in wages are not prohibitive, it is still a lot but not as crazy, I was worried BM would demand up to €70M, but they are reportedly asking for less than that and hopefully the club negotiates a deal around €50M in total.

I disagree.

Whilst City have a quality squad filled mostly quality players, if you just isolate one player and compare them to another from the same position, but a different team, City's players tend to get overestimated IMO. If you consider the protection Dias gets in the middle of that City defense (surrounded by only quality players, everyone knows their role in that elite system, and they dominate possession every game so they have significantly less threat to deal with than other teams' defenders), he obviously looks better than Maguire or de Ligt, but in reality they're all a similar level IMO. Put him in the 2021/22 or 2023/24 United team and he will look like an average player in a struggling team, making mistakes every week. Also, Dias is an elite centre back, and there aren't loads of better ones out there, but especially after van Dijk sustained his long-term injury, and before Saliba emerged at Arsenal, people were making cases for the Portugese as the best in the Premier League or even the world, whilst he was never that level. He's simply not that profile, not as athletic, not as quick as a Saliba or van Dijk. Shorter limbs as well (which is important). The chance to get absolutely humiliated in a 1v1 is absolutely there with Dias, and it has happened several times every season as well, it just doesn't get noticed because City are ultra-successful.

And when you consider the market value and salary of a Rúben Dias level CCB in a top Premier League team, a 42m GBP transfer fee with 200k wages seems like a steal. The only concern with him admittedly is injuries, but I don't think that should shave 20-30 mil off the transfer fee. This has every chance of turning out to be a huge bargain, if it gets done for the reported fees.

Last edited:
£42m is an absolute bargain, i cant believe the fee is even being debated!

It is not a bargain, a decent fee. He is on high wages, Bayern want rid and he is injury prone. Considering this, the fee is alright. He is a good defender, but bot world class. He hasnt kicked on from his Ajax days though.

It is not a bargain, a decent fee. He is on high wages, Bayern want rid and he is injury prone. Considering this, the fee is alright. He is a good defender, but bot world class. He hasnt kicked on from his Ajax days though.
Absolutely tired of reading these sort of comments. It’s back and forth the same drivel.

This thread reminds me of an old cassette that got broken and repeats the same things again and again :lol:

Maybe im out of sync but if the reports are true, £42m cost and 200k a week wages is very reasonable imo

I've always rated this guy highly, wanted him when he went to Bayern. Much better bet than overrated/overhyped/overvalued Jarrad Branthwaite

I don't get the brits overevaluating british players, brantwaithe is meh. I said it before last season that there isn't a single player in United I'd want at Bayern (and yes that includes your precious Bruno). De Ligt at that price would be a steal for you lot.

I don't get the brits overevaluating british players, brantwaithe is meh. I said it before last season that there isn't a single player in United I'd want at Bayern (and yes that includes your precious Bruno). De Ligt at that price would be a steal for you lot.

Someone's got to make sure it's coming home eventually!

Who cares what precious Bayern fans want or don't want in their team.

Also it's weird that Bayern fan posting with such conviction about lower table player in PL.

And yet a player who couldn’t get on at Spurs strolled on to your team.

Love a bit of German arrogance & delusion. You do realise ye ended up trophy-less this season yes ?

He isn't really injury prone though, is he. The most games he missed was 17 games, and that was due to a dislocated shoulder. He missed 9 game in 23/24 due to a knee ligament tear and 6 games in the same season due to a knock (so not muscular) but the rest have just been odd games here and there prior to that.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/matthijs-de-ligt/verletzungen/spieler/326031

Good to see it's not only United fans with dreadful takes on here. Just because we're coming off of a woeful season, we still have many players that would improve Bayern and get significant play time for them.

I see you’re bitter that your best CB is looking to jump ship to the 8th placed team in the PL. Says a lot more about your club than ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.