De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
6500 people is nothing for three weeks, that's just irrelevant.

Bayern has 360,000 members (members = people who are allowed to vote in the general assembly), so it's not even 2% of the members in numbers, and change.org is open to everybody.

Yep, best ignored. Hopefully Bayerns board hold the same view.

I predicted they would do this after their tuchel petition :lol:proper weird fanbase. Why is everything so difficult with united? Does everyone want to just sabotage us?

I haven't seem much of him since his Ajax days. I thought he wasn't doing great at Bayern.
Are we happy with these links?

Bit of an odd one as Ornstein has said that this move is independent of Branthwaite

Bit of an odd one as Ornstein has said that this move is independent of Branthwaite

I think one of Maguire or Lindelöf are expected to go so 2 CB's was always the choice. We need a replacement for Martial too. Then there's the other strengthening we need. I highly doubt we'll get in more than 2 starting XI players.

This guy is potentially world class. He’ll be our best signing since Martinez. 100%

No, we weren't even aware he existed. ETH just presented him to Wilcox and that's how we became aware of him.

As reliable as Ornstein is I just can’t see that being the case myself. Even if we could get Branthwaite for £50m, we’re looking at £40m for de Ligt was well. That’s nearly £100m on 2 starting level CB’s and there’s still numerous other positions that still need addressing.

I'd be behind this assuming its a collective decision made by Wilcox, Ashworth et al. If this was solely down to Ten Hag simply wanting to sign another of one his ex-players then I'd be far more hesitant.

The paranoid posters on reasons Bayern are selling are both amusing and strange. Sometimes big clubs sell good players, why is this so difficult to accept? De Ligt would be a sound signing at the price being quoted.

I think both can be true, but I reckon we were going to get a cheaper RCB and spend the majority on Brantwaite. Now he's too expensive and De Ligt is available at a good price, we'll likely sign a much cheaper LCB. Not a chance we don't sign a left footed CB this summer, in my opinion.

De Ligt wasn‘t played to his strengths in possession in Italy (passing and dribbling). His stats at Bayern are very good, I‘m mot sure why they are selling him.

De Ligt wasn‘t played to his strengths in possession in Italy (passing and dribbling). His stats at Bayern are very good, I‘m mot sure why they are selling him.

They are reportedly attempting to reduce their salary burden. Several 'big name' players have been put up for sale this summer and they will apparently listen to offers for Kimmich, Goretzka, Coman, Gnabry, Mazraoui and de Ligt.

They are reportedly attempting to reduce their salary burden. Several 'big name' players have been put up for sale this summer.
It's interesting because olise will come on big wages

Waiter, waiter! More Bayern defenders on the cheap, please!

Can we get one of Mazraoui/Upamecano/Min-jae too?

It's interesting because olise will come on big wages
They don't have a problem paying big money for great players and will continue doing that. But too many players have been underwhelming lately and after the failures of the last two seasons they are due a massive rebuild now. New board, new strategy, new manager with a new tactical approach, new players, changing everything essentially.

If it all works out for them, who knows, but at the moment they are also changing their squad for the sake of shaking things up. Which should somewhat reduce the worries about "red flags" that you could rightfully have if Bayern was just maintaining and optimizing a settled squad this summer. But they aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.