De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply because it's Bayern selling, I don't want.
Our big names signings from big clubs.

Di Maria, tragic, with wages probaly lost 20m in year on him.

Casemiro, good for few months, declined and on massive wages now.

Varane, good when he was available.

Ibra, good.

Cavani, sicknote prefered to play for Uruguay.

Bastian, tragic

Pogba, was big let down.

Lukaku, letdown.

Mount, tragic.

Our best signings were rising players from "smaller" teams. Bruno, Martinez, Shaw, Dalot...I just don't trust when Bayern or Real are selling.

De Ligt(3789) has played more minutes for Bayern than Martinez(2764) has for United. Both joined their teams in 2022.

For £42 million you have to do that deal. We can't sign Todibo due to conflict of interest issues, Branthwaite is going to cost £70m minimum, Guehi is going to cost the same and plays on the left side of defense. This a very talented centre back who is still only 24 years old. The ligament issue is a concern but you'd have to hope that our medical team can find a permanent solution to it or we send him to Dr. Cugat. But his ability is not in question. To prefer Maguire over him is beyond laughable.

Our big names signings from big clubs.

Di Maria, tragic, with wages probaly lost 20m in year on him.

Casemiro, good for few months, declined and on massive wages now.

Varane, good when he was available.

Ibra, good.

Cavani, sicknote prefered to play for Uruguay.

Bastian, tragic

Pogba, was big let down.

Lukaku, letdown.

Mount, tragic.

Our best signings were rising players from "smaller" teams. Bruno, Martinez, Shaw, Dalot...I just don't trust when Bayern or Real are selling.

Eric Cantona, bought from the reigning League champions.

Mark Hughes bought from Barcelona.

Cavani was class in fairness, we simply shouldn’t have almost forced him to stay a second season when he made it clear it wasn’t really what he wanted, and then bought Ronaldo to play his position.

Owen Hargreaves helped us to a CL & League double.

De Ligt(3789) has played more minutes for Bayern than Martinez(2764) has for United. Both joined their teams in 2022.
So he played more minutes than someone who was out for the entire season? That’s mad.

Our best signings were rising players from "smaller" teams. Bruno, Martinez, Shaw, Dalot...

And for every Dalot there’s a Bebe, Zaha, Dong and 5 more.

We sign 90% + from “smaller teams” so obviously the pool to pick successful signings is much bigger.
The pool for shite Dan James signings is enormous though. We sign, like most clubs, lots & lots of players that never end up good enough.

Is he quick?

can’t say I’ve continued to follow. He was obviously the flavour of the month whilst at Ajax but apparently his star has dulled

just dont want to get stung from another European giant who’s offloading their ageing duds to mugs whilst improving their own financial situation, strengthening their squad with young talent and weakening ours. Hargreaves, Schweinstiger, Casemiro, Varane

of course he could still yet be a success…but as I started. I haven’t paid him too much attention.

anyone with a genuine decent insightful scout report from this last season?

Is he quick?

can’t say I’ve continued to follow. He was obviously the flavour of the month whilst at Ajax but apparently his star has dulled

just dont want to get stung from another European giant who’s offloading their ageing duds to mugs whilst improving their own financial situation, strengthening their squad with young talent and weakening ours. Hargreaves, Schweinstiger, Casemiro, Varane

of course he could still yet be a success…but as I started. I haven’t paid him too much attention.

Have you just not bothered to read any of the preceding pages?

Is he quick?

He isnt exactly aging, he is 24

Is he quick?

ageing :lol:

this is a new record, even for the caf

-----------------Onana
Dalot--De Ligt--Martinez--Shaw

Is not a bad defence at all, what's good is they are all very comfortable on the ball, and will make playing out from the back a breeze. Now get some proper backup/competition for Shaw, and we're cooking.

And for every Dalot there’s a Bebe, Zaha, Dong and 5 more.

We sign 90% + from “smaller teams” so obviously the pool to pick successful signings is much bigger.
The pool for shite Dan James signings is enormous though. We sign, like most clubs, lots & lots of players that never end up good enough.
I mean since 2013.
I don’t wanna drag Sir Fergie in this mess what is now.

I've barely seen him play since his Ajax days when everyone had him has a dream signing.

Main concern would be agility, pace. I'd really like us to sign a cb that's more of a speedboat than an oiltanker.

According to the Caf he must be because Martinez who got fell on is injury prone :lol:
I don’t think anyone has said that Martinez is injury prone. It’s just been exaggerated by people who don’t understand the simple point that’s being made. That is, Martinez was out most of last season due to big injuries. Nobody knows how he will cope this season. So from that point of view he needs to prove his fitness can handle the season. What’s wrong with saying that? Its cautious. Just like saying we don’t know how shaw or malacia will be next season either.
the only one who has been proven injury prone is shaw so far

I don’t think anyone has said that Martinez is injury prone. It’s just been exaggerated by people who don’t understand the simple point that’s being made. That is, Martinez was out most of last season due to big injuries. Nobody knows how he will cope this season. So from that point of view he needs to prove his fitness can handle the season. What’s wrong with saying that? Its cautious. Just like saying we don’t know how shaw or malacia will be next season either.
the only one who has been proven injury prone is shaw so far
Shaw is actually injury prone, Malacia fair enough but Shaw constantly picks up knocks and niggles.

I've barely seen him play since his Ajax days when everyone had him has a dream signing.

Main concern would be agility, pace. I'd really like us to sign a cb that's more of a speedboat than an oiltanker.

Calling him an oiltanker is harsh. He's not de Ven rapid, but he's more agile and quicker off the mark than Maguire.

My main concern would be whether he can stay healthy, but looking at his record he's mainly had 2 big injuries that kept him out for big chunks of 1 season at Juve and 1 at Bayern, which was last season. None of his injuries seem related to one area, which would suggest a weakness, but he had an injury to his knee last season, which is always a bit of a worry

Calling him an oiltanker is harsh. He's not de Ven rapid, but he's more agile and quicker off the mark than Maguire.

My main concern would be whether he can stay healthy, but looking at his record he's mainly had 2 big injuries that kept him out for big chunks of 1 season at Juve and 1 at Bayern, which was last season. None of his injuries seem related to one area, which would suggest a weakness, but he had an injury to his knee last season, which is always a bit of a worry

I didn't really mean that he's an oiltanker ala Maguire, just that i think we need someone that's on the other end of that scale.

For that price it looks a risk worth to take. Risk in terms of his injuries that is because there is a quality defender in there. I actually don't see much difference in terms of defending between him and Gvardiol who City brought for £77.6m and officially have him on 200k per week. Yeah, Gvardiol is a bit more expansive on the ball and more penetrative, but it is also something that City brings out of him due to Pep system. Both have occasional brainfarts, but that is the price of modern football where defenders are much more exposed and both actually clocked similiar top speed (Gvardiol just slightly faster with around 33km/h clocked as his top speed). So, it is really about him being fit with price being a reasonable gamble and he should have resale value even if he doesn't hit the ground running.

The price is always relative. If he is success of course no one would bark even if we made a deal at 60 million.

Still, it looks like we are standing firm regarding our valuation of the player which would be a welcome change in the transfer market.

Rubbish, we’re in the market for a starting CB.

Never said we weren't.

I'm saying it's not necessarily pre determined and the players will need to establish themselves or earn that spot.

If you think that's 'rubbish' then fair enough but it's hardly some wild, out of left field theory. Either explain why it is and we can have a conversation or leave the nothing, pointless comments in your head.

He is. He wasn't at the beginning of the season when they tried to make Kim/Upamecano work, but after a few games he was first choice again. A few matches where he was rotated during the rest of the season don't change that.

Fascinating to see Bayern sell someone they see as a nailed on starting centre back then. Especially if it is for around 40 million.

If that deal happens, I think it's safe to say they don't consider him a vital starter.

Don't act the idiot.

He plays for Bayern regularly, why would he come to a non CL club to sit on the bench?

I've also read in this thread he will be taking a pay cut.

If both things are true that lad needs a better agent.

Think you're the one acting like an idiot here. Calm down it's just a football chat.

Think you're the one acting like an idiot here. Calm down it's just a football chat.

Welll no, I gave my opinion and you responded by asking me if I knew him and had a chat with him. I don't know what you expected in return. Do I not seem calm?

Last edited:
For that price it looks a risk worth to take. Risk in terms of his injuries that is because there is a quality defender in there. I actually don't see much difference in terms of defending between him and Gvardiol who City brought for £77.6m and officially have him on 200k per week. Yeah, Gvardiol is a bit more expansive on the ball and more penetrative, but it is also something that City brings out of him due to Pep system. Both have occasional brainfarts, but that is the price of modern football where defenders are much more exposed and both actually clocked similiar top speed (Gvardiol just slightly faster with around 33km/h clocked as his top speed). So, it is really about him being fit with price being a reasonable gamble and he should have resale value even if he doesn't hit the ground running.

The price is always relative. If he is success of course no one would bark even if we made a deal at 60 million.

Still, it looks like we are standing firm regarding our valuation of the player which would be a welcome change in the transfer market.

Slightly off topic, but this comment just reminded me how much City paid for a defender who made that mistake in an FA cup derby final.

If he played for United it would be the epitaph on his tombstone, no matter what he went on to achieve.

If we consider him a replacement for Varane, it is a massive upgrade. I don‘t like he is not fast and agile either, but he ticks so many other boxes.

It really does not make sense for him to leave Bayern. They are idiots.

I'm choosing to look at the positive in that the petition was set up on 11th June and it hasn't stopped the two clubs from negotiating so far.
6500 people is nothing for three weeks, that's just irrelevant.

Bayern has 360,000 members (members = people who are allowed to vote in the general assembly), so it's not even 2% of the members in numbers, and change.org is open to everybody.

Mind tricks from the Bayern fans, feigning outage, then bang, party poppers when he is sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.