De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Himself Davies and De Ligt are all really interesting players. This summer it feels like you could probably get almost any player out of Bayern for a big enough bid.
They won't sell him, he's one the fee if only untouchable they have.

Anyone else is fair game I'd imagine.

They won't sell him, he's one the fee if only untouchable they have.

Anyone else is fair game I'd imagine.

Davies would be a sick signing. Lock down the LB postion for 5 plus years. I think his deal runs out next year too. He can be gotten if Real haven’t turned his head and he’s just waiting to go on a free on a massive contract and signing on fee.

He’d cost well over 100 million. We don’t have that kind of money this summer but I do feel like if he keeps developing and Rashford keeps regressing then we might go in with a huge bid in a year or two.

That also. Although, I think we would find a money somehow for that kind of talent.

Anyway, let's aboard De Ligt first!

Davies would be a sick signing. Lock down the LB postion for 5 plus years. I think his deal runs out next year too. He can be gotten if Real haven’t turned his head and he’s just waiting to go on a free on a massive contract and signing on fee.
Yeah but he's pretty much Madrid bound if I'm not mistaken, just winding down his contract for that bonus paycheck.

Had my doubts about this as I think I had an incorrect impression he was slow. After further research I think he's probably acceptably fast especially if we choose to have one full back sit to provide some cover. So muppet train go! I believe now :D

£42m incl add ons, less than £200k a week - I can get on board with this one.

Injuries are a bit of a concern though.

All overpaid. There is a reason they are allowed to leave. Add Coman and Gnabry to the mix.
They are all in no way bad players. But we pay them more than they are worth and that’s never a good thing. Basically ever since we bought Hernandez and threw money at him, our wage structure is quite bad. It’s been about time we change that.
Spare a thought for United fans and how we feel about our wage bill and what some/most of our players earn.

This will happen by the looks of things. Would have preferred taking a pun on someone like your man from Lille but it is what it is.

Real/Barca, he still has to play in Spain as well ;)

I've always felt like he's gonna play for at least one of Barcelona and United in the future, when he joined Juve

Was also a dream target for me back in 2019 but there was no real chance to get him..but I thought there would be a chance in the future if we become a more serious club by then...well that hasn't happened yet (looks like it's starting, though) but my prediction seems to be going in the right direction.

Wonder if this peaking up more heat has anything to do with ashworth getting finally settled.

This will happen by the looks of things. Would have preferred taking a pun on someone like your man from Lille but it is what it is.

We probably would have taken a punt if he hadn't basically told suitors sorry I only want Real

I've always felt like he's gonna play for at least one of Barcelona and United in the future, when he joined Juve

Was also a dream target for me back in 2019 but there was no real chance to get him..but I thought there would be a chance in the future if we become a more serious club by then...well that hasn't happened yet (looks like it's starting, though) but my prediction seems to be going in the right direction.

Himself and the Colombian fella at spurs DeJong and Tielemans all looked really promising that EL year. Like you couldn’t miss it. None have really hit the heights though? Fair to say?

Player taking a paycut to join United. Never thought I'd live to see the day!
Taxes in Germany are higher than in England. A slight pay cut before tax might result in the same net salary or even a slightly higher. That should be in your mind when hearing this.

Himself and the Colombian fella at spurs DeJong and Tielemans all looked really promising that EL year. Like you couldn’t miss it. None have really hit the heights though? Fair to say?

I think de Jong is exactly the world class player people expected him to become, it's just that Barca has been a mess and he hasn't always had the chance to show it, in my opinion.

If the Colombian guy you're thinking about is Davinson Sánchez, then yeah, he has to be considered a massive disappointment.

Reminds me of the Van Der Sar transfer. Flopped after the big move, did alright at next club and then becomes a Champions League winner with United.

Taxes in Germany are higher than in England. A slight pay cut before tax might result in the same net salary or even a slightly higher. That should be in your mind when hearing this.

According to Capology, de Ligt only makes £138k/week net wages at Bayern, and if the news are true that he's willing to accept around £200k gross at United, that should be around £110k net.

So it's very likely to be a small cut, but a wage cut nevertheless

Last edited:
If his inner knee ligament injury is not a cause for concern for our medical team and he can prove himself to be fit, then I'd be delighted with this transfer.

That could maybe turn out to be the case, but that's not pay cut in the way that's been reported.

Also, the difference between 15 and 12 million a year which are reported suggest that he is taking a lower salary even if you take into account higher taxes and insurance.

Looks like one of those ones where we'll start talks and everything goes smoothly at the start the breaks down and he signs for someone else of stays at his club.

Don't know yet how I feel about the transfer, not usual that the CAF is this undecided about a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.