De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiter, waiter! More Bayern defenders on the cheap, please!

Can we get one of Mazraoui/Upamecano/Min-jae too?
120 million and you can have them all. We will even give you Goretzka on top for another 20.

They are reportedly attempting to reduce their salary burden. Several 'big name' players have been put up for sale this summer and they will apparently listen to offers for Kimmich, Goretzka, Coman, Gnabry, Mazraoui and de Ligt.

It's interesting because olise will come on big wages
Soon they will have to offer the big money to Musiala as well, he is on less than €100k atm and has 2 years left.
Bayern has a very high wage bill, considering they can take almost anyone they wish from the Bundesliga. 9 players above €300k...

I won't be surprised if they go for Wirtz pretty soon as well.

If we consider him a replacement for Varane, it is a massive upgrade. I don‘t like he is not fast and agile either, but he ticks so many other boxes.

It really does not make sense for him to leave Bayern. They are idiots.

Yeah the speed thing is my biggest concern

You're not satisfied with them?
All overpaid. There is a reason they are allowed to leave. Add Coman and Gnabry to the mix.
They are all in no way bad players. But we pay them more than they are worth and that’s never a good thing. Basically ever since we bought Hernandez and threw money at him, our wage structure is quite bad. It’s been about time we change that.

Waiter, waiter! More Bayern defenders on the cheap, please!

Can we get one of Mazraoui/Upamecano/Min-jae too?
Yes, take Mazraoui and Upamecano too and we will make you a good price, yes

Soon they will have to offer the big money to Musiala as well, he is on less than €100k atm and has 2 years left.
Bayern has a very high wage bill, considering they can take almost anyone they wish from the Bundesliga. 9 players above €300k...
Bayern can take almost anyone they wish because they are one of the biggest clubs in the world and can pay that money. Without paying money on par with the other clubs of their size, the players move elsewhere (and most big money signings from the Bundesliga actually move abroad, Bayern can't buy them all).

Just catching up with the de ligt news. €40mil for him sounds a no brainer.

Hope we get this over the line soon.

I won't be surprised if they go for Wirtz pretty soon as well.

Cheeky bid for Musiala? Rashford and a few quid… I probably have to say I’m just joking but I’d love to get him. He’s unreal.

It’s weird how Upamecano hasn’t kicked on. He looked an almost certainty to be one of the best. He’s still quite young but worrying. They should be winning that league at a canter given the continual financial disparity

All overpaid. There is a reason they are allowed to leave. Add Coman and Gnabry to the mix.
They are all in no way bad players. But we pay them more than they are worth and that’s never a good thing. Basically ever since we bought Hernandez and threw money at him, our wage structure is quite bad. It’s been about time we change that.

I see. We needed to clear the wage bill too, but to be honest that's mostly done already. Ronaldo, De Gea, Varane, Pogba, Cavani, Martial, and Mata all left in the last 24 months, that's over 2 million per week cleared already. Casemiro at 350k per week will probably leave as well. And then some of Maguire, Eriksen, Lindelöf, Wan-Bissaka, van de Beek, McTominay could leave this summer.

There's a lot of space right now on our wage bill.

If it's true that de Ligt will accept around 190k/week (so Maguire money) with a £35-42m transfer fee, that's such a no brainer I don't know why there aren't other clubs in the race to sign him.

Cheeky bid for Musiala? Rashford and a few quid… I probably have to say I’m just joking but I’d love to get him. He’s unreal.

It’s weird how Upamecano hasn’t kicked on. He looked an almost certainty to be one of the best. He’s still quite young but worrying. They should be winning that league at a canter given the continual financial disparity
Upamecano absolutely is one of the best for at least 89min every match. That one last minute however sometimes is filled with blunders and mistakes :lol:

Always thought that konate was a much better defender. Neither of them have progressed really though
Konate's problem was staying fit, he was always the better player. I think even when @Adnan was advocating strongly for him, that was always the only rebuttal anyone had.

Starting to warm to this.

Can question his trajectory over the last few years, but he is certainly better than our previous options (Lindelof, Evans, Jones, and Maguire?), so raises the bar of our CB options.

Erik would love to get Mazraoui. Had him at ajax didn't he?
In contrast to de Ligt Mazraoui is really injury prone unfortunately.
When fit i really like him actually. Solid in defense, very composed with the ball, good game IQ.

If we consider him a replacement for Varane, it is a massive upgrade. I don‘t like he is not fast and agile either, but he ticks so many other boxes.

It really does not make sense for him to leave Bayern. They are idiots.
It really isn’t, if anything it’s more like for like. Varane was unbelievable in the air and clearing balls into the box and reading the game. This is pretty much the same with De Ligt with the addition of his aggression.

They are both average passers with average ability on the ball who need to be played alongside someone that’s better on the ball. The current Varane wasn’t really that fast anymore and neither is De Ligt though they have acceptable levels of speed for CBs.

What De Ligt adds is a better fitness record and the ability to be more physical but he isn’t as composed as Varane. Being more durable than Varane is certainly a huge benefit but I don’t see much of an upgrade if any on a fully fit Varane for us.

Initially I was against a move because of my concerns, but for 34m this is a no-brainer. He would instantly stabilize and improve our defense and we'd still have money left to do other signings. I'd prefer him over Branthwaite any day.

Himself Davies and De Ligt are all really interesting players. This summer it feels like you could probably get almost any player out of Bayern for a big enough bid.

Agree about most players, but when it comes to Musiala I think we would get the door firmly slammed in our faces. If not, the fans would riot. He showed flashes of pure brilliance which you just don't let go at his age for any amount.

But hey-ho, no harm in asking if we are currently shopping!

Funny that. Posters in here were convinced he wouldn’t be taking a pay cut even though it’s been reported numerous times and reported again today.

The figures on wages make sense as well. He's looking for £250k p/w, and we're looking at close to £200k. Looking like a very good deal.

Agree about most players, but when it comes to Musiala I think we would get the door firmly slammed in our faces. If not, the fans would riot. He showed flashes of pure brilliance which you just don't let go at his age for any amount.

But hey-ho, no harm in asking if we are currently shopping!

He’d cost well over 100 million. We don’t have that kind of money this summer but I do feel like if he keeps developing and Rashford keeps regressing then we might go in with a huge bid in a year or two.

Initially I was against a move because of my concerns, but for 34m this is a no-brainer. He would instantly stabilize and improve our defense and we'd still have money left to do other signings. I'd prefer him over Branthwaite any day.

Plus he’s willing to take a pay cut too, for his age I think this could work out to be a really good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.