De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta feel a bit for Mazraoui, De Ligt has definitely stolen the spotlight in this double deal :lol:

Hearing all of that is good, but why are Bayern selling him?

Elite clubs very rarely sell elite players, during their prime years for a relatively low fee.
Same reason Barca was desperate to sell Frenkie De Jong basically and actually agreed to.

Difference now being De Ligt actually wants to be here

I haven't kept up with the conversation. I just saw we were signing him and wondered why Bayern were selling a supposedly great player. Thank you for letting me know!

I have my reservations about this signing. He was something of a polarizing figure among Juventus fans before he left, and while Bayern fans mostly rated him, Tuchel wasn't a fan. He was also dropped by LVG and Koeman as a starter for the Dutch NT.

As you say, big clubs don't sell elite players before their prime years. De Ligt is now at his third club since leaving Ajax. Let's hope he's a success here

I must have read it wrong but I thought Simon Stone mentioned they were having their medical today. Which was confusing because I thought they did that yesterday :lol:
Medical was definitely yesterday unless they split it and did a small portion this morning.

I must have read it wrong but I thought Simon Stone mentioned they were having their medical today. Which was confusing because I thought they did that yesterday :lol:
The medicals will take place in the medical centre, which is where half the squad is anyway. That counts as a joint training session.

The medicals will take place in the medical centre, which is where half the squad is anyway. That counts as a joint training session.
So they finished a medical and trained? I dont know why I find that far fetched. Normally youd have a photoshoot and interview etc.

Not a fan of dressing room leaks but I'm hoping to hear glowing reviews of De Ligt's ability over the next couple of days.

I have doubts about him, but it’s extremely poor form of Schole, and Rio especially, to put the boot in on a young player coming here with it all to prove. Totally unnecessary and reeks of bias from Rio.

Hope De Ligt has thick skin because by the looks of things, he’s not going to be given the grace period new players to the league should be afforded.

Rio better tone the rhetoric down and not go after this kid at every mistake.

So they finished a medical and trained? I dont know why I find that far fetched. Normally youd have a photoshoot and interview etc.
Yeah if medical was finished yesterday, the interview and photo shoots follow the medical and they had a training session today.

I love that all the pundits are criticising and writing him off.

If he’s a success now it will be hilarious watching them struggle to explain how Ten Hag has got a tune from a player they assured us was a proven failure.

I have doubts about him, but it’s extremely poor form of Schole, and Rio especially, to put the boot in on a young player coming here with it all to prove. Totally unnecessary and reeks of bias from Rio.

Hope De Ligt has thick skin because by the looks of things, he’s not going to be given the grace period new players to the league should be afforded.

Young kid with all to prove? Have you not watched him over the past 5 years? He has proven himself in plenty at Ajax, Juve and Bayern.

Who needs enemies when you have our idiot former players?

I guess they have been "rushed" into training with the team to get them as ready as possible for Friday. Rushed here not as in a risk-rushing.

Contract is signed and medical looks good. My guess is that it is a bit of editing for the announcment and/or looking for the right time that keeps us waiting

Every team he's played for so far have been the biggest team in that country, with the most media scrutiny and pundit bullshit.

It's a bit weird and disappointing from our ex-players, but it'll be nothing too far beyond what he'll have dealt with at Ajax, Juve or Bayern.

If he’s a success now it will be hilarious watching them struggle to explain how Ten Hag has got a tune from a player they assured us was a proven failure.
Souness especially was incredible. Was maybe two shandies away from calling him a fairy who can only do tippy-tappy forrin football.

I genuinely believe he's never even seen him kick a ball.

Our former players criticising new signings? Well I never. No fecking wonder everyone else laughs at us. Imagine this guy signed with Arsenal or Liverpool. Would be a massive difference of opinion in the media, except it’s us and one of Ten Hags former minions. Rio and Scholes need to zip it.

Excited to see him line up for us, hopefully on Friday!

The same happened with Martinez. Just like Licha, Matthijs will make those pundits look stupid.

The same happened with Martinez. Just like Licha, Matthijs will make those pundits look stupid.
With Martinez you could at least understand why the dinosaurs would be queuing up to stick the boot in as soon as they saw a 5'9" centre back coming from the Dutch league.

De Ligt is actually all of the things those types should theoretically want in a defender. He's big, he's strong, he's aggressive, he wins headers, he chucks himself into blocks and tackles... and they come at him with all the same lines of attack anyway. :lol:

Young kid with all to prove? Have you not watched him over the past 5 years? He has proven himself in plenty at Ajax, Juve and Bayern.
There’s scrutiny to why he’s here in the first place (the wages excuse doesn’t cut it), so yes, to prove he’s a quality player who deserves to be here.
Every team he's played for so far have been the biggest team in that country, with the most media scrutiny and pundit bullshit.

It's a bit weird and disappointing from our ex-players, but it'll be nothing too far beyond what he'll have dealt with at Ajax, Juve or Bayern.
Did the legends of those clubs take swipes at him before he even kicked a ball? (I don’t know). It’s out of order from our lot, and both them carry gravitas, which makes it even worse.

Scholes was a great player and his in game football IQ was off the scale, but he is a dreadful pundit with a boring voice and no charisma. He also comes across as not very intelligent and is always ill informed.

Don't understand the anger towards the ex players ,

Everything is not an agenda they are are only giving their honest opinion , do you want them to lie so as they don't upset our fan base on social media or tell us what they really think. I would rather the latter.

They are not wishing bad on De Light , they just have doubts. But it is just their opinion , no need for anyone else to be upset about it.

Everything is not an agenda they are are only giving their honest opinion , do you want them to lie so as they don't upset our fan base on social media or tell us what they really think. I would rather the latter.

They are not wishing bad on De Light , they just have doubts. But it is just their opinion , no need for anyone else to be upset about it.
Some of what Scholes was saying is factually wrong though.

Yeah, I sense other fan bases are secretly feeling like we are building a pretty good squad and that's resulting in them trying to downplay the signings.

There is nothing wrong in giving your opinion but it should be based on something. Not factually incorrect things like he lost his place to Dier and we are signing him?

Status
Not open for further replies.