De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayern and United haven’t officially announce it and yet they are already training with the team? :lol:

Paperwork is signed so its not like they're unpaid labour, also means they must have a visa

Just because it's not on twitter or the club website doesn't mean they can't get ready for Friday

It is mad that they’re training and they haven’t been announced.

My guess is that they’re determined to get them involved on Friday so basically moving the formalities until this afternoon and getting them training firstly to get them up and running.

I reckon interviews etc will be done later.
/s?

Quite the birthday gift for me. Having the league start around Aug 13 each year has always been an extra bday present for me, but two signings on same day is icing on top.
Happy birthday! Mine was yesterday, and I agree that the league starting close to your birthday is the best present a person can ask for.

My guess is that they’re determined to get them involved on Friday so basically moving the formalities until this afternoon and getting them training firstly to get them up and running.

That, or the doctors are discussing the results of De Ligt's medical with upper management...

The marketing team has to do their bit, but that shouldn't stop them training, the season starts in 3 days.

I suppose some placeholder text on the website would help, but it's already been confirmed by the big journos.

The marketing team has to do their bit, but that shouldn't stop them training, the season starts in 3 days.

I suppose some placeholder text on the website would help, but it's already been confirmed by the big journos.
Only so many hours in the day. What I imagine is last night was about medical etc, this morning training with the lads, this afternoon marketing stuff. Seems sensible to me, but it’s probably a kid of rubbish. :lol:

Could very well be like you both say, that no other big club with economic muscles is in the need of a CB. But I would still assume that some PL clubs would be interested. If not, are we not paying more than market price?

I think it is more the high salary in that case as we are one of few clubs who don't mind paying these high salaries. He said the same when he signed for Juventus, that he only wanted Juve, but I don't see why he would only want to join United. Anyways, it is an interesting signing who will strengthen the team, even if I personally thought we would need reinforcement better in midfield.

Maybe the main reason of choosing United would be ETH..who trust him and believe him after he traveled around those countries and cooperated with different managers..

I have doubts about him, but it’s extremely poor form of Schole, and Rio especially, to put the boot in on a young player coming here with it all to prove. Totally unnecessary and reeks of bias from Rio.

Hope De Ligt has thick skin because by the looks of things, he’s not going to be given the grace period new players to the league should be afforded.

Rio better tone the rhetoric down and not go after this kid at every mistake.
Aye, Scholes even went as far and mentioned the “he lost his place to Eric Dier” myth ffs.

The photo looks like a blurred version of Scott McTominay and Luke Shaw, hopefully they have a more successful outcome in their time here.

Quite the birthday gift for me. Having the league start around Aug 13 each year has always been an extra bday present for me, but two signings on same day is icing on top.
Congratz! That is the extra touch the new regime offers!

Happy birthday! Mine was yesterday, and I agree that the league starting close to your birthday is the best present a person can ask for.

Ah but winning the Champions League final on your birthday is even better :)

Nonetheless Happy Birthday to you both.

And back on topic its pretty amusing that both lads are training before being announced.

Bayern and United haven’t officially announce it and yet they are already training with the team? :lol:
Hypothetically, would a club be allowed not to formally announce a signing and just play them in their first match as the confirmation that he's signed?

Of course, there’s nothing legally binding about a twitter post. I’m sure everything is done behind the scenes for them to be training.
Was just wondering if they'd need to announce it on their website, or through the PL if (for some reason) they didn't have a website. Or in United's case, through the NYSE maybe

Would be cool to just see the lineup on Friday and see Ugarte in it for example when nobody even knew he'd signed.

Surely they can't start training before an official announcement, can't be them.

A player that really want to play for us. He made clear from Day 1 that he only wants Man Utd and willing to take pay cut to join us. What a signing!

Was just wondering if they'd need to announce it on their website, or through the PL if (for some reason) they didn't have a website. Or in United's case, through the NYSE maybe

Would be cool to just see the lineup on Friday and see Ugarte in it for example when nobody even knew he'd signed.
That would make the team prediction competitions interesting!

Didn't think it was allowed, I'm probably mistaken though.
If they’ve signed contracts I think that’s all that matters. If we really have injury concerns at the back for Friday I could well believe EtH saying - feck the PR, do that later, I need them up to speed for Friday.

Surely they can't start training before an official announcement, can't be them.

Different level but when I worked at Grimsby we regularly had players all signed up and paperwork submitted then training before announcements. All about maximising traffic online

Status
Not open for further replies.