De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very excited about this transfer, I think he'll do wonders here and will be in contention for the signing of the season. also regarding his "injury record" I keep hearing about:

23/24 - his worst season in terms of injuries - played 30 games, missed 13 games due to injuries (7 league games).
22/23 - played 43 games, missed 4 games due to injuries (2 league games).
21/22 - played 42 games, missed 1 game due to injuries (1 league game).
20/21 - played 36 games, missed 10 due to injuries. (7 league games).
19/20 - played 39 games, missed 2 due to injuries (0 league games).

He is available for 38 games a season on average. in what world is his injury record problematic? I swear some of our fans have developed PTSD from all the injuries to the point that every player who is not Bruno Fernandes gets labeled as some unreliable crook.

I'd much rather the media attention and lazy criticism was aimed at De Ligt then Yoro.

De Ligt will be used to it and it shouldn't really affect him.

If true then its good news he is already training.

Don't understand the anger towards the ex players ,

Everything is not an agenda they are are only giving their honest opinion , do you want them to lie so as they don't upset our fan base on social media or tell us what they really think. I would rather the latter.

They are not wishing bad on De Light , they just have doubts. But it is just their opinion , no need for anyone else to be upset about it.

Don't even see the issue with what Rio said, he just pointed out he's not a certain fix but he hopes he steps up and shows everyone. Injuries, his pace, even his passing as a top player have all been called into question by Bayern/juve fans from what I've seen so Rio is right.

He's a player that comes with a few small doubts hence the price. This is a place that starts bigging up Sander Berge just because we're linked with him though so anything other than complete bias will see moaning.

Yeah if medical was finished yesterday, the interview and photo shoots follow the medical and they had a training session today.
Could have sworn I read Simon Stone say they had a medical bit today :lol
The reason I'm not buying into the "they've trained" news just yet is also because it's from an aggregator.

He talks and looks like your average fan down the pub. You'd never guess how good he was at football the way he talks.

It’s the reason I laugh at fellas moaning about female pundits, saying things like “how can they know what it’s like to play at this level?”

You’d go a long way to find better players than Scholes and Rio in their positions, but that doesn’t stop them being appalling pundits.

What the feck was the AI prompt for this?

"Man Utds new signings from behind a fence and carpark from 300m away as taken from a Motorola RAZR V3. In the style of Monet."

It’s the reason I laugh at fellas moaning about female pundits, saying things like “how can they know what it’s like to play at this level?”

You’d go a long way to find better players than Scholes and Rio in their positions, but that doesn’t stop them being appalling pundits.
Yeah, it's nonsense. So many of the top coaches never played at the level they currently manage, footballers don't just ignore them.

There's always wisdom to be found in anyone, but people usually seem to attribute level of punditry to what they did in their career. It's more nostalgia than anything. I'd rather listen to Nedum Onuoha than either of those two.

It is mad that they’re training and they haven’t been announced.

My guess is that they’re determined to get them involved on Friday so basically moving the formalities until this afternoon and getting them training firstly to get them up and running.

I reckon interviews etc will be done later.

What? It’s on point. The only thing you can say is about the combo but the coat itself is very good. Just the perfect shade of green for summers and it’s a bit textured to add some depth to it. Nice choice. What wrong with you?
It is the colour of cheap astroturf.

I think the case is different between Scholes and Rio on this one; Rio played a big part in getting Yoro here, and he backs his boy, so there’s a possibility of an agenda there and why he’s saying what he’s saying. That’s why it feels more disappointing from Rio, for me because that’s venturing into off field antics to further benefit his interests, which is really poor form if that’s what he’s up to.

I swear some of our fans have developed PTSD from all the injuries to the point that every player who is not Bruno Fernandes gets labeled as some unreliable crook.
I think you have to be somewhat mad to not have been affected by it. We have had a more or less constant injury crisis since Rio started having serious problems with his back some 15 years ago.

De Ligt seems to be ok in that regard but just the slightest injury concern makes me sweat:lol:

It is not yet official but the pundits shit on it already? That was quick. Welcome to United I guess

It is mad that they’re training and they haven’t been announced.

My guess is that they’re determined to get them involved on Friday so basically moving the formalities until this afternoon and getting them training firstly to get them up and running.

I reckon interviews etc will be done later.
My guess is that the piano has been leased out to West Ham as part of the Wan-Bissaka deal, so no we have to wait to play them until we can make an announcement video.

Brazillian left back?
Average singer with feck all arse.

Can they please hurry up and officially announce him and Mazraoui? I want to move on to the next signing that I demand the club wrap up immediately.

Average singer with feck all arse.

Can they please hurry up and officially announce him and Mazraoui? I want to move on to the next signing that I demand the club wrap up immediately.
I must be thinking of a totally different Dua Lipa then...

Status
Not open for further replies.