De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what I find funnier, the "Sexy Fish" sign in the back or the random After 8s he's got there :lol:
For me, it's the random blagging cnut who's turned up with a whole backpack full of shit for him to sign.

I think this will be a great signing. Feels good to have good CB choices again.

Sexy Fish is a great restaurant with a great food (definitely not cheap though). I’d like to think the After Eights box came when they gave some to him after finishing the main meal, liked them and asked what they were so they gave him the entire box.

This has been rehashed so many times in this thread - practically every page. He is on big wages and Bayern want to reduce their wage bill while getting a fee so they could spend to strengthen other areas.
Maybe a stupid question and maybe this has been discussed a lot as well, but why is there not any competition for his signature? Only us.

I feel like Yoro will act as back up to De Ligt and Martinez just like Varane was understudy to Ramos and Pepe for a few years, before really coming to the fore.

That’s not a bad position to be in at all. Three real quality centre backs with one very young, promising defender with heaps of potential. Obviously with injuries and various competitions, we’ll need to rotate heavily anyway.
Yep. This is going to be the structure in my opinion.

Maybe a stupid question and maybe this has been discussed a lot as well, but why is there not any competition for his signature? Only us.
Because we're the only big club with urgent need of a top centre back who also have enough room in the wage bill (with Varane and Martial gone) to pay him?

Why is he holding chocolate?
It’s his birthday today, isn’t it? He seems to be holding a card. Presumably some cnut thought to themselves “Money no object, what can you buy for the man who has everything. But also it has to be available for less than £2 total from Lidl.”

He wanted to come here.
But still, there was no talk at all about other clubs being interested.
Because we're the only big club with urgent need of a top centre back who also have enough room in the wage bill (with Varane and Martial gone) to pay him?
Could be the reason of course, especially since we are famous for being prepared to spend a bit more than everybody else.

Could be the reason of course, especially since we are famous for being prepared to spend a bit more than everybody else.
It's nothing to do with us paying more. Bayern want to cut their wage bill and prioritise other areas. De Ligt is a very saleable asset and is on very good money. We want him and have cleared a lot of dead money off of our own wage bill.

It's a good deal for all parties.

Because United is the biggest club in the world.

That are willing to pay his wage demand.

For his dad

Hehehe
His dad looks familiar.

531bf3a349862.image_.jpg

this "they picked Dier over de Ligt" BS just needs to die. It simply didn't happen.

De Ligt started every CL knockout game bar two ... first leg against Lazio (Upamecano-Kim started, and failed), and first leg against Real (due to injury).
Scholes - great player. A turd on a stick pundit.

Rio, Scholes and now Souness all questioning the signing. Really hope he can shut a few people up.

He will be so fired up for the trip to Anfield by the jibes from Souness, like you say will also want to quieten Rio and Scholesy too.

PSG were apparently interested but the player told his agent to only negotiate with United.

With Barca and Madrid not really in a position to spend big on players currently, I was never really worried about him going somewhere else. Those are the only two clubs with a bigger pull than United in world football and thankfully they’re both broke right now

Nice! Seems like a great addition. Martinez, De Ligt, Yoro. Not a bad group of CBs.
Not at all. Those 3 plus Maguire and Evans as other options. Much better than last season, especially if we don't have as many injuries this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.