De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically he IS lightweight.

Compared to his dad.

Because his dad is fat.
ever since he was a teenager, de ligt’s dad hasn’t made a single error that’s led to a calorie deficit.

Is it? I can't remember a single moment of contention from Guehi.
Slovakia goal was pretty much all him and wasn't great against Slovenia either. Was in general just OK. I don't know why he got so many plaudits, there were lots of CBs who played equally as well.
Wait - Guehi had a great Euros!
England did, it wasn't because of Guehi, he was OK. Nothing more.
It really isn't
It definitely is. What game did he particularly stand out in? Serbia was probably his best game and it never got any better.

Rio, Scholes and now Souness all questioning the signing. Really hope he can shut a few people up.

With Rio I can imagine him selling a great future at the club to Yoro being a part of it. Suddenly a senior defender comes in and he worries that the path is blocked for his guy.

It's amazing how every player that joins us is horrible and every player that joins Liverpool is world class according to Souness. You would've thought they would've won more trophies than us the last couple of seasons....

I am excited by this. He really wants to be here and is an absolute warrior. We really lack leaders. He could be transformative for our defence which has been soft as shite.

Slovakia goal was pretty much all him and wasn't great against Slovenia either. Was in general just OK. I don't know why he got so many plaudits, there were lots of CBs who played equally as well.

England did, it wasn't because of Guehi, he was OK. Nothing more.

It definitely is. What game did he particularly stand out in? Serbia was probably his best game and it never got any better.
Guehi was one of England’s better players, for sure. I’d have been happy had we signed him as well, I’m equally happy that we’ve signed De Ligt.

Just depends how good he actually is. I ask this, because Eric Dier was being picked ahead of him by Tuchel. If Bayern wanted him, Bayern keep him. This constant Ajax/Erividise/Dutch link for his signings, just puts ETH under pressure because it looks like he's quite a restrained in the transfer market. Man Utd don't just buy Dutch players, it's looking a little daft.

INEOS will be looking closely, for sure.

Last edited:
So are we happy that we have signed De Ligt and didn’t even enquire about the lad who is Premier League proven and played very well at the Euros, I’m talking about the chap from Crystal Palace Ghuei?
Marc Guehi would cost the same amount we’ve just spent signing De Ligt and another player.

Guehi is a decent level PL CB. But he’s not particularly good on the ball nor much of a dominant force aerially. He wouldn’t have added much for his transfer fee.

So maybe Mazz starts but DeLigt doesn’t.

Dalot - Maguire - Martinez - Mazz

Assuming Shaw is alive but not fit
I cmsee this as being the most likely lineup. I wouldn't be shocked if ten Hag threw de Ligt straight in, but Maguire is more likely.

So maybe Mazz starts but DeLigt doesn’t.

Dalot - Maguire - Martinez - Mazz

Assuming Shaw is alive but not fit
Ye I’d go with that. Maguire has gotten into some good form so would be harsh to drop him. No need to rush De Ligt. Should have enough to beat Fulham.

Will the new lads get an introduction at OT Friday night before the game?

Just depends how good he actually is. I ask this, because Eric Dier was being picked ahead of him by Tuchel. If Bayern wanted him, Bayern keep him. This constant Ajax/Erividise/Dutch link for his signings, just puts ETH under pressure because it looks like he's quite a restrained in the transfer market. Man Utd don't just but Dutch players, it's looking a little daft.

INEOS will be looking closely, for sure.
He was seemingly independently identified as a target separate to Ten Haag as discussed in an interview a few weeks ago.

As for how good he is, that's covered a lot in this huge thread but all the Bayern fans seem to really rate him.

Rio, Scholes and now Souness all questioning the signing. Really hope he can shut a few people up.

How you can look at Maguire and Lindelof stinking up the place for so many years and be against De Ligt for 50M EUR I don't understand. That too in a window where Guehi is going for close to 85M EUR. Absolute worst case, he's a good rotation option with Martinez and Yoro locking up the CB spots.

The sooner we realise that these lot don't know much about modern football, the better.

The genuinely get so much wrong over the course of a season. Factually incorrect too. I wouldn't put much stock in what they say

Never listen to Scholes and Souness they just love moaning about everything we do. De Ligt will probably be 3rd CB when everyone is fit, if he gets in the first 11 even better cause it’ll mean he’s playing really well.

Martinez, Yoro & De Ligt is a very good CB option to have.

Never listen to Scholes and Souness they just love moaning about everything we do. De Ligt will probably be 3rd CB when everyone is fit, if he gets in the first 11 even better cause it’ll mean he’s playing really well.

Martinez, Yoro & De Ligt is a very good CB option to have.
Ten Hag rates De Ligt. He will play alongside Martinez when every defender fit.

I imagine Yoro will be eased into the team over the next few years and will have to play second fiddle to De Ligt for a while. It won't matter though because either he or Martinez will inevitably get injured at some point.

I think Rio is positioning himself as Yoro’s mentor so his questioning of this signing is about siding with his boy and keeping his foot in the door there.

Martinez is way too small for the league, don’t know why we are signing him, he’s only 2 foot 2

Status
Not open for further replies.