De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What numbers do you guys think the new signings will get?

de Ligt #4 - Always worn it at club level. Only Amrabat could potentially block this, which would be daft considering he's not actually at the club currently.
Mazraoui #3 - Appears to wear it for the Morroco national team.

he’s definitely in manchester. it’s impossible to get a deliveroo as all the drivers are busy with his dad.

de Ligt #4 - Always worn it at club level. Only Amrabat could potentially block this, which would be daft considering he's not actually at the club currently.
Mazraoui #3 - Appears to wear it for the Morroco national team.
Fairly obvious and not controversial. Until Mazraoui goes out and picks a random number like 43 or something daft like that.

My honest suspicion is that De Ligt and Martinez will end up being our starting cb partnership, as De Ligt will have a good start, show enough tenacity and leadership that fans will quickly get to like him.

I also think, depending on injuries, Mazraoui will take over Dalot's slot as fans will quickly get to learn the technical difference between Dalot and Mazraoui.

With Yoro in, there is also the off chance that it opens the channel for Martinez to have a test run at either LB or DM as part of the midfield pivot.

My honest suspicion is that De Ligt and Martinez will end up being our starting cb partnership, as De Ligt will have a good start, show enough tenacity and leadership that fans will quickly get to like him.

I also think, depending on injuries, Mazraoui will take over Dalot's slot as fans will quickly get to learn the technical difference between Dalot and Mazraoui.

With Yoro in, there is also the off chance that it opens the channel for Martinez to have a test run at either LB or DM as part of the midfield pivot.
Based on the last year or so, I’m not so fussed about the quality of our first choice centre backs, nor the 3rd or 4th choice.

I think we should go all in for making sure we have the two best defenders on the planet as 5th and 6th choice options though.

Fairly obvious and not controversial. Until Mazraoui goes out and picks a random number like 43 or something daft like that.

Mazraoui holds the #40 at Bayern and first wore it at Ajax before changing to #12. Malacia and Vitek currently hold both numbers at United.

"Bayern Munich fan" called DeLigtfulLad :confused:

Almost as convincing as someone masquereding as a United fan with a handle like TenHagEra

Seeing as everton want £70mil for Branthwaite and Crystal Palace want £60-£70mil. De Ligt is a bargain at £46.5mil.

Just goes to show PL prices are out of kilter with the rest of Europe.

"Bayern Munich fan" called DeLigtfulLad :confused:

Almost as convincing as someone masquereding as a United fan with a handle like TenHagEra
He is just one of many. I think that the most think like this. De Ligt was a fan favourite as he might not be the one with the perfect "abilities" (Upamecano and Kim Min Jae e.g. are faster etc.) - but he is very reliebable and does not make as many stupid mistakes as the others. And he is leader material. He is one of the two or three that always are open to talk to the press after losses...

Seeing as everton want £70mil for Branthwaite and Crystal Palace want £60-£70mil. De Ligt is a bargain at £46.5mil.

Just goes to show PL prices are out of kilter with the rest of Europe.
Bruh do you work for Sky? Inflating our transfer fees for no reason. It’s £38.5m initially with a total outlay of £42.75m.

You guys still signing Tah?
I still hope that we do not. Before Alonso he was worse than Upamecano with feckups. I do not need that in multiple versions.

Actually Dier did not play instead of him - Dier and De Ligt were good partners... ;) (and Bayern's 1st choice in the last rounds of the CL last season)

PL legends truly don't pay attention to other leagues

It's always shocking to me how often players who won everything and were geniuses on the pitch come out with bloke-down-the-pub level takes.

In a lot of ways, I’m glad that the press and downplaying this transfer.

De Ligt will be critical to us and him and Licha will be the perfect partners to bed in Yoro over the medium to long term. No need to play a generational talent into the ground.

It won’t be surprising if we see the 3 of them have similar number of games at the end of the season with squad rotation.

Also, a lot of the Maguire fan boys in the media would be hating this because there is nothing Harry can do at a level higher than De Ligt - so there is no more justification for him to start (outside injuries).

I’ve kind of detested Harry since he came out and said that even VDD would struggle in the United squad - when he should have acted like a captain and owned up to his performance levels.

PL legends truly don't pay attention to other leagues

Having looked it up... this take is even more stupid than I thought it was.

Dier started while De Ligt was on the bench exactly twice. One was when Tuchel went mental and played a back three to counter Leverkusen (and they got pumped 3-0), the other was three days after they beat Arsenal in the CL and De Ligt was rested.

For a guy who hated media and attention I don’t understand why he is on TV so much these days as a pundit. He isn’t good at it either.
Rio said the same thing.

The hope is we get the De Ligt who was great at Ajax . But I don't think he was all that bad at Juventus and Bayern Munich fans signed a petition to keep him , saying he was their best defender. So this should turn out OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.