De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool surely looking to ship out TAA then
The logic makes sense - no doubt he will be forecasting Liverpool to be rubbish this season since Van Dijk was the leader of the supposed ropey Dutch defence too.

If we signed Mbappe or Vini jr Souness would say something negative
Souness seemed to always speak surprisingly well of United under Ferguson (winning all the titles leaves little room for criticism though of course)

Seems to have really soured towards us in recent years - we know we’re shite now but he goes ridiculous over it

Souness seemed to always speak surprisingly well of United under Ferguson (winning all the titles leaves little room for criticism though of course)

Seems to have really soured towards us in recent years - we know we’re shite now but he goes ridiculous over it
That cnut Robbie Fowler was piping up over the weekend. It's so that the "Best Fans in the World Ever" think they're great.

That cnut Robbie Fowler was piping up over the weekend. It's so that the "Best Fans in the World Ever" think they're great.
I saw that article posted on twitter

Ignoring the headline (which the journalists rarely write themselves) the first few paragraphs I thought he was spot on. Then he started going on about ETH being under pressure from fans because Southgate was now available and he completely lost me.

I’d sign Erik to a 10 year contract and only ever sign Ajax players if it stopped Southgate joining.

Do we think he’ll be able to start Friday?
Didn’t play much football at the Euros and I think he’s been solo training for Bayern. I think we can force it depending on Maguire’s fitness.

Mazraoui might be more likely to push straight in — Dalot - Maguire/Evans - Martinez - Mazraoui

It's perhaps a little unnecessary but I'd expect enforcing "ride sharing" is not up to the standard of a multimillion dollar operation and would look "cheap" and "stingy" even if it was a Maybach minibus. Both players might have had different engagements and accomodations.
Yeah thats true.

Souness is a proper sour puss. I’d be surprised if he had a positive word to say about any player we sign.

Am I missing something about De Ligt's dad? He's not even that fat is he?
There were reports a few years ago that we've passed on the opportunity to sign him because his dad was supposedly overweight and the scouting department was worried that it was hereditary. Most likely it wasn't true but it had certainly stuck around as a meme.

According to David McDonnell of the Daily Mirror, club scout Marcel Bout, who was brought in at Old Trafford by former Netherlands boss Louis van Gaal, had been keeping tabs on the youngster and had advised the Red Devils to push ahead with a deal.
In the end, it's said United decided not to make a serious effort to sign De Ligt because his father is overweight.
"Bout told United that De Ligt's father, Frank, was significantly overweight and predicted the 19-year-old Holland international would go the same way as he got older and lose his pace and power," McDonnell said.

De Ligt has always worn #4 and it's free at United now, it will be #4.

Mazraoui maybe #13?

Didn’t play much football at the Euros and I think he’s been solo training for Bayern. I think we can force it depending on Maguire’s fitness.

Mazraoui might be more likely to push straight in — Dalot - Maguire/Evans - Martinez - Mazraoui
All Euro players had 3 weeks free after exit. De Ligt made his medicals and test for the new season when the others were still in Asia and then started training with the team on Tuesday. Mazraoui did not have a tournament and started July 15th and played all prep matches.

There were reports a few years ago that we've passed the opportunity to sign him because his dad was supposedly overweight and the scouting department was worried that it was hereditary. Most likely it wasn't true but it had certainly stuck as a meme.
I hope who ever did this “scouting” report is fired and no longer at United.

Two vehicles? What a waste of money. Sir Jim is writing another scathing email about the IT department as we speak. :mad:

He'll certainly be furious about this waste. If we sign a DM then he'll have Brailsford picking him up on a tandem.

All Euro players had 3 weeks free after exit. De Ligt made his medicals and test for the new season when the others were still in Asia and then started training with the team on Tuesday. Mazraoui did not have a tournament and started July 15th and played all prep matches.
So my analysis seems about right — Mazraoui seems more match fit?

On the face of it this seems like great business. 2 Bayern defenders for less money than Everton wanted for Branthwaite.

Status
Not open for further replies.