De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
De Ligt is a supreme signing. Not as sure about Maz — will it be Mazza? — if nothing else he’ll provide us depth at both fullback positions.

Very happy with De Ligt as a signing at the price we have agreed. Considering the fees quoted for Branthwaite, De Ligt is a far better signing and with Yoro out for the coming months a natural RCB is actually more of a priority than an LCB.

Mazraoui I’m less enthused by but I guess his signing was driven by our limited budget for the position.

Is it odd that I’m buzzing on De Ligt but I don’t really care about the other lad?

Not really , Del Light is much more recognized name over here .

But sometimes these things don't go to script , who know in a few months it could be the 'Other Lad' that we are all raving about as been the super signing.

So my analysis seems about right — Mazraoui seems more match fit?
Yes on paper Mazraoui is supposed to be more match fit, however he seems to be limping in the video of him walking into the Munich airport posted earlier today

Is it odd that I’m buzzing on De Ligt but I don’t really care about the other lad?
The injury concerns are sadly very reasonable, but if we somehow fix him, he's up there with the best full backs in the Premier League IMO, just based on ability

Them coming in two separate cars wound me up more than I thought it would
Might have some family members with them for all we know. You want to stuff everyone of them in one car like a local train?

We can now flog Malacia safe in the knowledge that we'll still have a Dutch footballer at the club - we've always had at least one since 1996

Yes on paper Mazraoui is supposed to be more match fit, however he seems to be limping in the video of him walking into the Munich airport posted earlier today
You won’t pass a Utd Medical unless you’re injured

Maybe he’s got a gait a la Pogba? He used to hobble about all the time

This summer the floor has been raised for sure.

Feels very reassuring to have Martinez and De Ligt at the back.

This summer the floor has been raised for sure.

Feels very reassuring to have Martinez and De Ligt at the back.
Good for Yoro too, who hopefully won't be in a position where he has to take all the burden straight away and can learn from two CB's who've both won major honours.

Status
Not open for further replies.