De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really bloody pleased this one is happening. Our CB options are miles better than last year now, real shame Yoro got injured, but takes the pressure of him to instantly perform too.

If you're an intelligent defender, pace isn't as important, as long as you're not ridiculously slow. You don't need to be rapid if you've got a good understanding of the game.

No need to worry about that. There have been some good, "slow" centre backs in recent years who have proved themselves in a high line. De Ligt, Maguire, Botman. They just need to be put in the right areas where their strengths are maximized and their weaknesses are hidden.
Don't think Botman is slow at all, maybe slow acceleration but his top speed is insane. Remember him clocking one of the highest top speeds some time ago.

If our defenders stayed fit (lolz) we could even see the possibility of Martinez or even Lindelof as back up holding midfielder. I think both are good enough on the ball to try it in a non meaningful game, see what happens. We're a bit short if Casemiro is injured
If Lindelof backs up anymore we will need to install reversing alarm

I'm not so sure why Bayern will let go of de Ligt. They spent 65M on him and now they a 20M loss to sell him. On paper it is a very good deal for us.

Furthermore, Juventus also took a 20M loss to let him go to Bayern. Anyone knows why Juventus let him go back then?

I'm not so sure why Bayern will let go of de Ligt. They spent 65M on him and now they a 20M loss to sell him. On paper it is a very good deal for us.

Furthermore, Juventus also took a 20M loss to let him go to Bayern. Anyone knows why Juventus let him go back then?

He wouldn't sign a new deal.

He wanted out and didn't extend his contract

Can't wait to see him smash some shithouse striker who has been bullying Lindelof for years.
One of the most irritating things I had to endure as a fan was watching Lindelof either backing off like a coward or getting bullied by opposition attackers. One of the most spineless CB’s to ever play for us. Maguire has 10 times the heart of that chicken.

Fair feck to our new football Directors if/when this happens.

Yoro/De Ligt > Varane/Lindelof

Mazraoui > AWB

All with no UCL. Impressive.

It’s pretty insane how we went from shoehorning shiny toys to improving the squad where it’s needed. I recon we might get just 1 midfielder in and then revamp the midfield more next summer.

Starting to look forward to watching United again, which doesn’t happen often!

Really excited to see him and Martinez. They could be a formidable pair. Fingers crossed they can stay fit and Yoro can recover and rotate in/out.
Did de Ligt and martinez ever play together at Ajax or did they just miss each other?

What‘s up with the tinted glass vans? Are Matthijs and Mazraoui really in there?

Been interested in de Ligt's career ever since he emerged at Ajax in that Champions League run. His passion and professionalism looked top notch even then.

I hope he can fire up the Stretford End and become a fan favourite.

One of the most irritating things I had to endure as a fan was watching Lindelof either backing off like a coward or getting bullied by opposition attackers. One of the most spineless CB’s to ever play for us. Maguire has 10 times the heart of that chicken.

I know mate, infuriating.

Them coming in two separate cars wound me up more than I thought it would

Been interested in de Ligt's career ever since he emerged at Ajax in that Champions League run. His passion and professionalism looked top notch even then.

I hope he can fire up the Stretford End and become a fan favourite.
no doubt. It's why many Bayern fans are sad to see him go, he's a leader and top professional. He'll be a fan favourite in no time.

He’s a defender but I’m absolutely buzzing with this signing. He may end up being United’s captain if Bruno is unavailable to play. Influential, leader, loves defending like an old fashioned Italian centre half and a great character to have in the dressing room. Wasn’t planning to get this season’s new shirt but i might just get a home one with his name on it. Now where’s the drooling emoji when i need one?

Tracking flights is pretty innocuous. The part I like the most is that it's not certain it's the right one to begin with (Shohei still expected to land at Toronto any day now).

I'll start worrying when we get nurse tracking for the medical.

"He's at the doctor's office !"
"Stool has good consistency, habemus papam !"
I’ve already got Shite Radar loaded

Weird that they have 2 cars unless they felt they couldnt fit 6 people and 2 suitcases in to one comfortably.

They are hiding the stretchers. Both got hurt coming down the stairs of the planes.

Souness has said that De Ligt is lightweight and couldn't even get in a ropey Dutch defence.

Weird that they have 2 cars unless they felt they couldnt fit 6 people and 2 suitcases in to one comfortably.

It's perhaps a little unnecessary but I'd expect enforcing "ride sharing" is not up to the standard of a multimillion dollar operation and would look "cheap" and "stingy" even if it was a Maybach minibus. Both players might have had different engagements and accomodations.

Status
Not open for further replies.