De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
35m upfront plus AWB for De Ligt and Mazzeroui isn’t too bad I don’t think considering he’s in the last year of his deal.
Can you even imagine that being offered to us at the start of the window. We'd've cried. Well me anyway.
Great news

Are you happy with the fee you’re getting?
If you told me a few months ago that we will sell de Ligt for 45+5 this summer i would have never believed it.

But it seems like in the first time in ages the transfer fees are getting a bit smaller arent they?
The PL teams spend less, Saudi Arabia spends less,...
Just look how surprised everyone was when Joao Neves "only" cost 60 Millions.

So all in all i would say its "okay". Not good, but not bad either.

The money for de Ligt and Mazraoui will probably be key for us getting Doué and maybe Tah (who we dont really need).

Potentially good signings but it isn't exactly reassuring that every one of our defenders bar dalot is likely to be injured several times a season

Rejected by Juventus and Bayern. I am sceptical. Might be outpaced in the PL.
He wasn’t rejected by either. Bayern offered Juventus a huge fee and Juve accepted cause they are broke. And Bayern want to get rid of him cause they want to lower their wage bill and he is one of their highest earners at around €250-300k per week. So it’s finance related rather than football related.

He wasn't rejected by Juventus. He had two years left on his contract and wanted to leave to join a better team (Bayern), while Juve were having financial issues. They decided to sell and get a big fee rather than get a smaller amount 12 months later (or nothing if they kept him for two seasons).

If you told me a few months ago that we will sell de Ligt for 45+5 this summer i would have never believed it.

But it seems like in the first time in ages the transfer fees are getting a bit smaller arent they?
The PL teams spend less, Saudi Arabia spends less,...
Just look how surprised everyone was when Joao Neves "only" cost 60 Millions.

So all in all i would say its "okay". Not good, but not bad either.

The money for de Ligt and Mazraoui will probably be key for us getting Doué and maybe Tah (who we dont really need).
That’s a good thing when a Bayern fan doesn’t really agree with the fee for one of their players. Feels he is definitely worth more. But also agree with you that the fees are coming down a bit this summer.

I'm sad to see him go.

If he isnt injured too much im sure you will be very happy with him.
He's a great player and a great guy.
He is the type of player that you see and feel is giving everything for the club.
Him, Maguire and Yoro, later on, as rotations for the RCB is adequate and shouldn't see us having to go multiple weeks seeing Casemiro starting at CB. ETH is finally getting a deep squad and should learn about utilising squad rotation more.

He probably isn’t but will be cheaper for them.
Tah very muchly for de-Light.

How close are we to being able to field an ex-Ajax XI now?
Dutch or have played in the Eredivisie: Onana, Mazroui, Martinez, De Ligt, Malacia, Antony, Zirkzee, Mount, Eriksen.

Did I miss anyone? Most of the coaching staff are Dutch too.

Why did Juve & Bayern both get rid of him?
Juve got rid because he wouldn't renew. They sold him for 70m Euros, which should tell you about his ability. Bayern are selling because they want to cut their wage bill and he's one of their highest earners. De Ligt has been in the BL team of the season and Bayern fans have set up a petition not to sell him, which should tell you he's not being moved on for performance reasons.

Juve got rid because he wouldn't renew. They sold him for 70m Euros, which should tell you about his ability. Bayern are selling because they want to cut their wage bill and he's one of their highest earners. De Ligt has been in the BL team of the season and Bayern fans have set up a petition not to sell him, which should tell you he's not being moved on for performance reasons.
Fantastic. Thanks so much!

It's a positive signing and hopefully he'll strengthen us for years to come. Could be a huge signing for the long term.

We thinking a De Ligt + Martinez cb pairing then?

:lol: always someone who sees the glass half empty.

He won the league with both teams.

Hopefully we can try to off load Maguire or Lindelof now.

We'll have two CBs who are captain material (de ligt and Martinez).

It's a positive signing and hopefully he'll strengthen us for years to come. Could be a huge signing for the long term.

We thinking a De Ligt + Martinez cb pairing then?
For on the ball and playing out from the back they're arguably the best in world football, no exaggeration. It's the high line type of football I'm not sure about with them, do they have the pace etc. to play as an aggressive front foot unit

Wish we can win the league sometime in the next 5 years which also means De Ligt would have won league in Holland, Italy, Germany and England.

For on the ball and playing out from the back they're arguably the best in world football, no exaggeration. It's the high line type of football I'm not sure about with them, do they have the pace etc. to play as an aggressive front foot unit
This is why we signed Yoro as he has that extra pace. Will be interesting to see what happens when they are all fit.

A lot of it will come down to who plays in front of them aswell. We still need a solid DM that not only protects them from getting attacked but also allows us to keep the ball better and dictate the tempo.

Excellent news, I think he is a good centre back and has an incredible amount of experience for his age.

Seems we held our nerve pretty well in the negotiations.

This is why we signed Yoro as he has that extra pace. Will be interesting to see what happens when they are all fit.
Won't happen but martinez as a 6 in front of the other two would be interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.