De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get in. Huge signing this. Still need the midfielder but we needed a main CB to partner Martinez and allow yoro to bed in normally. Wonder if we'll see Martinez go to left back at times now (or Yoro to RB).

That is great value, they wanted 50 + bonuses and we got it for 45+5

Is Bayern’s replacement Tah better than him? If so, why aren’t we going after him?

How long before Luckhurst and Sky and other media outlets to report these deals as £50m for De Ligt and £20m for Mazrouri?

Unless we sell Shaw/Malacia that Lb signing aint happening. With those 2 and the fact that our two RB can play there two, we will have 4 options at LB.
I’m not even sure Malacia exists anymore and Shaw is extremely unreliable.

Lindelof I agree on. Never been good enough despite everyone telling me he was a better player than Maguire this time last year.
Lindelof was never a better player than Maguire. However you generally know what you're going to get with him as he's normally a 5 or 6 out of 10. The odd game here and there that is very good and the odd game where he's absolutely terrible, but normally he's just middle-of-the-road. Which obviously isn't good enough for what we want. Maguire has been much more all over the place, bouncing around from 2 out of 10 up to 9 out of 10. He's had some periods of form which are much worse than Lindelof has ever had for us but also some periods that are much better. That's what makes it almost more difficult to plan with him as we don't really know what we're going to get, despite him clearly being better when he's actually on form.

Any idea when they'll be at Carrington for the medical? Will they be registered before the Fulham game?

Why should he fly from Augsburg, when he can fly MUC or OBF?

And de Ligt and Mazraoui are in London right now.

It looks like it might be Sir Jims plane, it flew from Nice to Augsburg yesterday and is flyling from Augsburg to Manchester today.

The call sign is SJI1

Is Bayern’s replacement Tah better than him? If so, why aren’t we going after him?
He's not. De ligt is a very good CB. He was on huge wages for Bayern (taking a reduction here apparently), while Tah is on a free and lower wages. They also have many CBs and de ligt was the main one they could get a good fee for.

He's not. De ligt is a very good CB. He was on huge wages for Bayern (taking a reduction here apparently), while Tah is on a free and lower wages. They also have many CBs and de ligt was the main one they could get a good fee for.
Tah isn’t on a free. I think they are paying around €20m aren’t they?

€60M before addons for both is kinda nuts! De Ligt is a good buy, but I'm not convinced by Mazraoui's injury record, although his quality is undeniable. I hope they stay fit. That's the biggest weakness of the entire backline, but I'm feeling a bit more optimistic now. I just hope PSG stop being stupid and we get Ugarte now as well. No Sander fecking Berge, please!

Great news! Really wanted De Ligt, he’s a brilliant player and £38m pounds upfront is exceptional business.

Mazraoui is light years better than AWB on the ball, which I think is what we need.

If we get Ugarte now I’ll be VERY happy with our window. It’s not enough to challenge, far from it, but our squad will at least be stronger, especially with Amad stepping up, Yoro coming back in a few months and hopefully Mason Mount having an injury free season.

and surprise, surprise, he’s not in the starting line up to face city. we’re never going anywhere if we keep buying injured players.

I'm sad to see him go.

If he isnt injured too much im sure you will be very happy with him.
He's a great player and a great guy.
He is the type of player that you see and feel is giving everything for the club.

I'm sad to see him go.

He is the type of player that you see and feel is giving everything for the club.
Are you happy with the fee you’re getting?

If I remember correctly one of Utd’s scouts had concerns over signing de Ligt when he was younger because his dad was overweight, so they thought de Ligt would become too fat as well. Fecking complete and utter nonsense really. :lol:
Fergie did this with all his transfers. Almost always met the dad of the player to have a look at the genetics. Think he mentions it both in his book and in the 99 documentary. He did an exception for Rooney though cause his talent was so exceptional. But look at Rooney nowadays

and surprise, surprise, he’s not in the starting line up to face city. we’re never going anywhere if we keep buying injured players.
His dad crushed him celebrating the transfer. It was always on the cards.

Peak De Light was one of the top CBs in the world and also an exceptional leader. if we get a taste of that, could be a stunning move for us.

I'm sad to see him go.

must be hard for you, seeing us at our nadir and still poaching your untouchable players.

If I remember correctly one of Utd’s scouts had concerns over signing de Ligt when he was younger because his dad was overweight, so they thought de Ligt would become too fat as well. Fecking complete and utter nonsense really. :lol:
It was his father's ass that specifically turned us off from going after him.

Status
Not open for further replies.