De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoro, Martinez and De Ligt looks promising on paper.

Bring in Hermoso and it gives durability in the event of an injury crisis.

Can't see why the club would intend to keep Maguire however, with Evans behind (who performed decently last season) he should be surplus to requirements but it could have been a shootout between him and Lindlelof with Victor being selected as the outlier to leave.
Problem is Maguires wages 200k + ( I think ). He's 31. So no one is going to pay him that so we would have to make up the difference. I actually think Italy would be a very good move for him. In a team that plays a low block back 3 like inter or Napoli.

Problem is Maguires wages 200k + ( I think ). He's 31. So no one is going to pay him that so we would have to make up the difference. I actually think Italy would be a very good move for him. In a team that plays a low block back 3 like inter or Napoli.
Harry was on 190k per week before the 25% cut at the end of last season.

Any idea what wages he’s on?

One of the big things INEOS need to sort out - hope it’s less than £200k a week.

It's been discussed quite a few times here but I think the narrative he was a bust at Juve really stuck around (I heard it then, I read it now) even if the reality is seemingly more nuanced and the expectations were crazy high (not unlike Maguire : Monster fee & big hype).

Some people seemingly take him changing clubs a lot as a sign he's not convincing anywhere. I think it's a little slanted because he rose so young. Wouldn't be looked at the same if he exploded a few years later and moved to 3 major clubs at 28-29.
I suppose if people don't understand what was happening at Juventus at the time, they would come to the incorrect conclusion.

Tah isn’t on a free. I think they are paying around €20m aren’t they?
Oh he has 1 year left on his deal, thought he was on a free. Either way, on a cheap deal and cheaper wages is the reason, not because they are upgrading their side.

Oh he has 1 year left on his deal, thought he was on a free. Either way, on a cheap deal and cheaper wages is the reason, not because they are upgrading their side.
Tah is actually a huge upgrade and one of the fastest defenders in the Bundesliga. Bayern needs that Typ of player.

De Ligt will do well in a team that isn’t as attacking as Bayern.. like Juventus or United.

I think I bet my caf account on this one.

Some moves are just blindingly obvious and the idea we’d put Yoro under the pressure of being the main main man instantly always sounded absolute nonsensical. Now 3 top CB’s will get to share a 60 game season, perfect.
Or that someone of De Ligts calibre was a Yoro backup, was always bonkers. Very happy we have some really quality in depth at CB now.

:lol: always someone who sees the glass half empty.

He won the league with both teams.

Hopefully we can try to off load Maguire or Lindelof now.

We'll have two CBs who are captain material (de ligt and Martinez).
Why would Bayern sell him if he is a top player, even considering his wages? Certainly an upgrade on Lindelöf and Maguire though. Decent fee, decent signing.

Why would Bayern sell him if he is a top player, even considering his wages? Certainly an upgrade on Lindelöf and Maguire though. Decent fee, decent signing.

Why did we sell Stam? Why did Chelsea sell KdB and Salah?

Bayern have made some comments already, it appears they desperately need some funds and to reduce their wage bill, they are staked at CB and most importantly the player wanted the move.

Bayern have made some comments already, it appears they desperately need some funds and to reduce their wage bill, they are staked at CB and most importantly the player wanted the move.

Why did Leeds sell that bloke? Cheap and all.

Ajax, Juve, Bayern, United...at only 25 years of age, here's hoping he becomes a pillar of our defence for the next decade.

He’ll be a great buy for us - him / yoro in addition to Martinez will be the main three. I’m guessing Evans as a back as he just signed on for another year up means we’ll be getting rid of either Maguire or lindelof

Plus an upgrade at right back

It’s been a good window - bar we do need a Casemiro replacement and still not enough goals up front unless rashford turns it around and amad / gancho produce from the wings

Exciting time to be a United fan again with the new club structure in place

Desperately is going overboard. We, or better said Hoeneß and Salihamidzic, just handed out contracts to players like De Ligt, Goretzka or Gnabry those players weren’t worth. We could keep paying him with relative ease. We just don’t want to anymore, because it’s bad business.
It’s not like we’re reducing our overall costs. We’re just rebuilding the squad.

Excellent business by the club to get both De Ligt and Mazraoui for about £51m including add-ons.

Both will improve the team and add much needed quality

Wow this is happening? Good news. We are still very light in other places like full back and cm, but there we are. Wait are we getting Mazraoui too? Great!

One of the biggest issue in the defence is that if anyone is out, the drop in quality was too big. Now with yoro, de ligt, Martinez I hope that issue will be gone.

Some moves are just blindingly obvious and the idea we’d put Yoro under the pressure of being the main main man instantly always sounded absolute nonsensical. Now 3 top CB’s will get to share a 60 game season, perfect.
Especially Answorth already stated that lacked of depth and over reliance on certain players is United major issue last season.

Spot on! 3 top CBs is perfect to be honest! Then a few squad fillers on top.

Great transfer for us!

Both still in the squad (on the bench) that will play against Tottenham tonight:

GUoNykUXAAAXwuL

I can see us moving Martinez on the left with de ligt and yoro as CB and Dalot on the right

Status
Not open for further replies.