De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In pounds it’s £50m plus about £8m add ons, not bad considering AWB going for 15m

I think Ugarte and then we done.

Could do with a striker but won’t happen imo.

Turns 25 in 2 days. Could be a great cb to have for the next 7 years. Very happy with this.

So £38.5m base fee? Happy with that. Ugarte will probably get done for a similar price. Seems like they have a clear price range in mind and targeting the best players within that price range.

A paragraph before that is more interesting:

As I replied then, was always obviously just Ornstein’s own opinion that, he himself just wasn’t expecting us to buy 2 CB’s this Summer.
Was blindingly obvious to me then that we were desperate for 2 CB’s and looking at us last season, it makes total sense.
Now we have:
De Ligt, Yoro, Martinez, Maguire, Shaw who can all play CB.
Dalot, Martinez, Shaw, Amass, Mazraoui who can fill full back roles.

Suddenly we look really strong at the back, without even mentioning Lindelöf or Evans.

Price around the same that West Ham payed for Kilman and Arsenal payed for Calafiori. Seems reasonable.

This is good timing isn’t it. Getting the leaks out before the game against city. So if we lose then the focus will be on these signings to cheer the fans up.

In pounds it’s £50m plus about £8m add ons, not bad considering AWB going for 15m

I think Ugarte and then we done.

Could do with a striker but won’t happen imo.
Yep which adds up to £58m which is about €70m

An excellent deal price wise. When he was first linked I was sure we would pay Bayern what they paid Juventus. Looks like we have learned our lesson.

Absolutely fantastic signing talent wise. We now have absolute technical security across our backline. So happy. Fingers crossed they can both stay fit now.

Not bad value wise. Ten Hag gets more players to solidify his purported style of football and less reason to fail, hopefully. Get a few of the stragglers out now and get a midfielder or two in too.

How close are we to being able to field an ex-Ajax XI now?

Crap. The one player I didn’t want united to get.

An excellent addition to our backline. happy this got over the line in time for PL openings.

And the Goldbridges of this world were fuming at INEOS! Bad window, sell some bloody players, Qatar in etc etc. all it took was patience people.

It’s incredible what can happen to a club’s transfer business when a competent football structure is in place. Thank you INEOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.