De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve got ages until the season starts though so don’t panic.
It starts in less than 10 days, though you're probably joking.

Hell, I'm even doubting the Amrabat/Berge deals now.

Wouldnt be surprised if its just Yoro and Zirkzee this summer.

Ohh FFS!!!
Don't worry. The same Kicker reported only two days ago that everything was fix and just waiting on De Ligt transfer.

And in any case, we want to get rid of De Ligt no matter what as we don't rate him for the money he earns and we simply don't think he makes our team better in a any meaningful way. Leverkusen demanding too much for Tah won't change that one bit.

So that’ll be:
- no De Ligt if they don’t get Tah
- no Mazraoui if we don’t pay off AWB
- Both McT and Casemiro staying
- no Ugarte / Zubimendi because of the fees
- main midfield target now Sander Berge

Call me a knee-jerker but I’m ready to write this season off already!
Not necessarily, I'd say after reading the Kicker article. De Ligt does not seem to be off the market, the Tah (non-)transfer is just unlinked from de Ligt now, which of course also takes a lot of the pressure to sell off of Bayern. It certainly does diminish United's chances at getting de Ligt at anything significantly under €50m.

Since Bayern has their own injury troubles with a newly aquired defender with Ito being out for months, and the Tah transfer not being uncontested amongst the Bayern leadership according to the article, they might well want to keep de Ligt for at least half a season longer.

Suddenly this looks like it could work in our favour. If they are that desperate to sign then they just need to bring their fee down for De Ligt and everything is right with the world

Think we're in danger of getting timed-out in this window for this position. I'm not really sold on De Ligt, so wouldn't mind one bit if we decided to leave this one and look elsewhere.

Walking away from this deal is the right call, he's too expensive. Where we're failing is having zero alternatives lined up as usual so we'll end up with nobody.

Walking away from this deal is the right call, he's too expensive. Where we're failing is having zero alternatives lined up as usual so we'll end up with nobody.
Meanwhile it looks like West Ham is hijacking the Jean-Clair Todibo deal for 40m€.

Think we're in danger of getting timed-out in this window for this position. I'm not really sold on De Ligt, so wouldn't mind one bit if we decided to leave this one and look elsewhere.
Same, I'm only in if it's for a cut-price. We need to break the cycle of picking up the tab for other big teams, and getting fleeced by smaller ones.

But I'm more probably more extreme in the sense that I'd rather not see us panicking and adding more potentially useless bloat to the team. Just develop the young ones and try to qualify for Europe as we spend the next 1 - 3 years tossing out the trash. Just no more silly wages.

It starts in less than 10 days, though you're probably joking.

Hell, I'm even doubting the Amrabat/Berge deals now.

Wouldnt be surprised if its just Yoro and Zirkzee this summer.

That would be god awful but it's a real possibility, really wish we had pulled the trigger on this deal or alternative target when Yoro got injured. My patience really wore thin when we didn't react to that.

Last edited:
Maybe it's the club trying to set the tone that we're not bucking after years of giving in and going over the set line?

Or maybe we really are broke, who knows.

Why don't United just go for Tah?
Older and probably not as good, there's a reason why he's playing where he is while being 4 years older than de ligt.

Although center back do tend to be late bloomers so there's that.

Maybe it's the club trying to set the tone that we're not bucking after years of giving in and going over the set line?

We are very broke and if we had more options at CB and RB then we could play long game, sadly we lack them so had to adjust strategy

We are very broke and if we had more options at CB and RB then we could play long game, sadly we lack them so had to adjust strategy

Once AWB agrees to leave I think we swoop for both.

Having a long term quality back four and GK is huge going forward.

We need another midfield option for sure, but that requires Scott being sold

City managed to ship Alvarez for 15m a season, United can easily spread deals out over 4 seasons our spend won't he astronomical on the books

Once AWB agrees to leave I think we swoop for both.

Having a long term quality back four and GK is huge going forward.

We need another midfield option for sure, but that requires Scott being sold

City managed to ship Alvarez for 15m a season, United can easily spread deals out over 4 seasons our spend won't he astronomical on the books

AWB won't get a payoff so only hope is Inter firm up their interest and make life easier, without doubt we need two midfield options but like you say it still requires McTominay to be sold. How come we aren't seeing more movement if we can spread deals easily

Older and probably not as good, there's a reason why he's playing where he is while being 4 years older than de ligt.

Although center back do tend to be late bloomers so there's that.
De Ligt is slow, Tah is super fast and has more experience. He is by no means worse than De Ligt.

I doubt De Ligt will get any faster. Tah will still outpace him with 35. De Ligt isn’t made for Bayern and their high line.

Bayern wants to sell but they might wait a year. I still think United got better options.

It was be so dissapointing and such an act of incompetency if we let this one crash..

I think a bullet will probably be dodged here especially if Bayern insists on their present terms

Bayern correctly view us as mugs given that we have been the worst team in the world at transfers in the past decade. Whether we still are or not time will tell.

We should stay calm as we are still able to activate De Ligt's deal.

To be honest, we absolutely need him now that Yoro will be off till November, with the recovery period etc, meaning he won't fire with us until late 2024.

Situation is simple.

We need to sell Lindelof first.
It will free a space for De Ligt
Bayern need to sell first before buying Tah
Leverkusen a pressuring Bayern but player wants the move even if it's the 30th August.

And to the ones saying that we can't have Martinez-De Ligt-Yoro, just remember, that Yoro is out for 3 month, Martinez played 10 games last year and De ligt can be injured too, as we can't really rely on them to play 60 games a season.

It will be a competition, but we are so weak behind that we must have 3 center back ready to play and being an upgrade to Lindelof/Maguire

We just paid a fortune for a 18 year old CB that Madrid were not willing to pay, and supposedly forked 10m on agent fees for a striker who has scored 17 goals last year. I am all for setting a precedent and doing better deals, but not sure we have done that with the last two deals.

Don't think this will happen now. I genuinely thought it was a shoo-in for happening, but the lack out goings / finance generated has made me totally change my mind.

Deal for Tah is now off. Reported by kicker as definitive, they are highly reliable in those cases. They don't mention that the de Ligt deal is off though, according to them those negotiations are a seperate matter and United and de Ligt are still in contact.

I think a bullet will probably be dodged here especially if Bayern insists on their present terms
Let's hope better sense has prevailed. I rather keep AWB for another season and get a LCB who can also play LB. That is the position we need to strengthen as we don't know how reliable Martinez is going to be this season and Shaw is Shaw. For RCB, we already have Yoro and Maguire. Getting de Ligt makes little sense unless we have found a buyer for 'Arry.

It was be so dissapointing and such an act of incompetency if we let this one crash..
How is this incompetency? Maybe the club arent prepared to be held to ransom any longer... we have to make it known we cant have our pants pulled down every transfer window, if that means not getting De Light so be it.

How is this incompetency? Maybe the club arent prepared to be held to ransom any longer... we have to make it known we cant have our pants pulled down every transfer window, if that means not getting De Light so be it.

And the majority of people claiming this are also complaining the squad is not in order and so much more needs to happen...

There is a balance between 'caving in and doing what the other party wants without any kind of negotiation and overpaying from the get-go' and 'just being stubborn about wanting to show your feet are in the mud and therewith letting crucial deals pass by'..

We need this transfer yesterday, especially with Yoro being out for so long.. The asking price for De Ligt is not excessive to start with, plus the difference which is being talked about between asking price and offer is not thát big.. All signs are pointing that both De Ligt and United really want this, and it needs to happen to get our squad in order.. There are hardly any alternatives mentioned so it looks like we are putting all the eggs in the De Ligt basket, for a position where we NEED reinforcement without a shred of doubt..

Then yes.. Letting it crash because you want to make a point on such a relatively small difference for such a high needed transfer.... That would be incompetency..

Status
Not open for further replies.