De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GET THIS DONE ASAP... Before Bayern change their minds...

Mattheus already stating he thinks he is one of their most important players and doesnt understand at all why they are considering letting him go...

https://sport.sky.de/fussball/artik...-transferplanung-des-fc-bayern/13183281/34369

We need to change our reputation with a proper football structure in place now. We shouldn't panic buy any player. We have a our valuation based on fair market rate. We should stand our ground and don't over pay unless the player is a generational talent. This will set the tone for all our future transfers

I really like De Ligt, I think he is gonna be our best center back next season. Him and Yoro as first options and Martinez as third will be the most likely scenario.
Martinez third option!!!

We need to change our reputation with a proper football structure in place now. We shouldn't panic buy any player. We have a our valuation based on fair market rate. We should stand our ground and don't over pay unless the player is a generational talent. This will set the tone for all our future transfers
Yeah whilst I agree that there should be a walk away point there is a sliding scale, so we have offered £32m for De Ligt, Bayern want £35.5, simply walking away right now would be foolish if we had specifically targeted De Ligt as fitting a profile, for a start we are talking peanuts for a defender who was set to be the greatest thing since sliced bread but has somewhat stalled, but is still only 24 yo, he may turn out not to be worth it, or he may turn around his career at Utd, secondly it maybe as per Zirkzee that actually it could be beneficial for us to actually pay a bit more if by doing so the selling club make some concessions regarding the actual structure of the deal

But let's be clear this is not a Maquire/AWB/Mount/Antony/Martiez/Casemiro/Onana etc... scenario where we are paying heavily over the odds because we are too short sighted to move on, if the deal goes through it is never going to be regarded in the same breath of those past embarrassments (to be clear the embarrassment being our negotiation not the actual player)

While I agree with the sentiment, Arsenal is an odd example to pick. Saliba and Gabriel have been available for every single Premier League game for two years running!
Then you do not remember the Arsenal during the last few years under Arsene Wenger and many years after that.

Hasn't Martinez been the aggressive one?

Yeah, I believe the CBs must be segregated in terms of their playstyles rather than Left/Right foot. However, Licha is much better being the aggressive type (did so very well at the Copa and in United games too) and Yoro (atleast from the analysis seen so far) is a sweeper type, opposite of what you suggested.

I think both happened over different periods while he worked it out. He tried to Varane deep, Martinez more aggressive and then droppped Varane a bit for tactical reasons (I think season before last?) but just the sheer number of center back combinations we've had not to mention the variations within each one to get something to work means I'm not sure.

I agree that in Copa America he wasn't the middle center back for Argentina.

In the last friendly with Martinez / Yoro, I thought Martinez was the deeper one and Yoro more aggressive but something to keep an eye on.

I'm mostly basing it on the Martinez / Timber partnership where Timber had the license to carry the ball and get forwards and was generally more aggressive than Martinez.

Yeah whilst I agree that there should be a walk away point there is a sliding scale, so we have offered £32m for De Ligt, Bayern want £35.5, simply walking away right now would be foolish if we had specifically targeted De Ligt as fitting a profile.
Has it been official that Bayern is asking for £35.5m? Because from my understanding they are asking for at least £40M up front excluding add ons.

If they are indeed asking for £35.5M, then yes it’s a no brainer.

bayern must free him. like any ambitious kid, he knows there must be more to all this than farm life. he longs for the lights of the city, the hubbub of bars and restaurants, the hum of a million conversations, all merged into one. they can’t stop him dreaming. he’ll be back one day, but first, they must let him fly.

We don't have the wingbacks for a back three, do we?
Plus ETH never plays a back 3. Them 3 solid CBs would have been good when Ole was here though as he played a back 3 against bigger teams.

We might see movement on this soon. Desire Doue to Bayern might get completed by end of week for €50mil plus add-ons
Bayern will have to sell someone.

With all due respect, how on earth do you regularly forget Martinez? He’s our best defender…
Agree he’s our best defender. He probably means as he wasn’t available much last season. When someone’s on the injury table a lot you seem to forget them. But ye Martinez shouldn’t be forgotten about as he’s the one we always want back when he’s injured.

I never know what the right amount is for any player, but I'm board with the rest of us here who support bringing in De Ligt. Doubts about Onana as a shot-stopper are not unreasonable and the most secure the back line can be, the better.

GET THIS DONE ASAP... Before Bayern change their minds...

Mattheus already stating he thinks he is one of their most important players and doesnt understand at all why they are considering letting him go...

https://sport.sky.de/fussball/artik...-transferplanung-des-fc-bayern/13183281/34369
They're playing their game we should play ours, there arent any rumors from other teams for de Ligt, according to reports the player only want United. Bayern's hierarchy clearly doesnt rate him high as they have decided to sell him before Upamecano, Kim Min Jae and Dier (:lol:) plus they're looking to sign Tah.

We have the upper hand, if we wait long enough they'll eventually give. It's important for this new regimen to make an statement let the football world know that we wont be taken for a ride anymore. Making this kind of deals or even walking away from them let the other team know that things have changed.

We have the upper hand, if we wait long enough they'll eventually give. It's important for this new regimen to make an statement let the football world know that we wont be taken for a ride anymore. Making this kind of deals or even walking away from them let the other team know that things have changed.

Yep I agree with dragging out as much as possible on both this one and Ugarte. We have a strong enough option in both positions (Casemiro, Yoro) so we're not in any particular rush to get them fit and firing by opening day.

Negotiate hard and worst case pay up close to deadline day.

Yep I agree with dragging out as much as possible on both this one and Ugarte. We have a strong enough option in both positions (Casemiro, Yoro) so we're not in any particular rush to get them fit and firing by opening day.

Negotiate hard and worst case pay up close to deadline day.
To negotiate good fees you have to be willing to walk away. We don‘t pay their price period.

To be fair to them I’d say De Ligt is definitely worth at least €45m. That’s about £38m. He’s a quality player.

Hope nobody from Bayern is reading this

If it's true that he only wants to join United then we should hold firm for now. Bayern want to move him on and reduce the wage bill. They need to sell him to sign Tah. There's a compromise to be struck here.

If it's true that he only wants to join United then we should hold firm for now. Bayern want to move him on and reduce the wage bill. They need to sell him to sign Tah. There's a compromise to be struck here.

Indeed there is. About time we started throwing our weight around in the transfer market.

Bayern need the money to sign Tah and the player himself clearly wants out, so we are in the stronger position with time in our hands. Besides, deLigt has rejected us before, so let him really show some desire to join us this time around by making life rather difficult for bayern

i hope ratcliffe keeps sending him snapchats of his feet on the pitch at old trafford.

bayern must free him. like any ambitious kid, he knows there must be more to all this than farm life. he longs for the lights of the city, the hubbub of bars and restaurants, the hum of a million conversations, all merged into one. they can’t stop him dreaming. he’ll be back one day, but first, they must let him fly.
Clark Kent?

I've said this before, but it needs repeating, his leadership and mentally is almost as important to us as his defending.

We need a mentality switch at the club, and players like de Ligt, who have that drive and bulldog nature to them will help us and hopefully that will spread to the rest of the team.

You see it with Martinez, and how his mentality has spread to Dalot.

I've said this before, but it needs repeating, his leadership and mentally is almost as important to us as his defending.

We need a mentality switch at the club, and players like de Ligt, who have that drive and bulldog nature to them will help us and hopefully that will spread to the rest of the team.

You see it with Martinez, and how his mentality has spread to Dalot.

Yes I agree. I think there is a valid point about playing hardball to get rid of the "United are mugs when buying" reputation but I'd also love for the majority of our signings to be with us for a full preseason so we hit the ground running. Get it done now.

Yes I agree. I think there is a valid point about playing hardball to get rid of the "United are mugs when buying" reputation but I'd also love for the majority of our signings to be with us for a full preseason so we hit the ground running. Get it done now.

Problem is in trying to show the first (rightfully so) we have badly hindered our hopes of the second

It’s too much.

If Tah is reportedly around €25m then we should go up to €35m and see how that lands.

We have the luxury of hard balling here a bit.
Agreed. He's not worth what Bayern are asking considering his wages and unfulfilled promise, as well as his role in this team. There's a good chance Yoro displaces him as 1st choice by the end of this season, and we end up with yet another ~£225,000pw bench player.

And when we try to offload him, clubs are also going to lowball us anyway because of his wages, so we might as well do it to Bayern now.

Todibo would have been the perfect profile for us. Hopefully we have other options.

Agreed. He's not worth what Bayern are asking considering his wages and unfulfilled promise, as well as his role in this team. There's a good chance Yoro displaces him as 1st choice by the end of this season, and we end up with yet another ~£225,000pw bench player.

And when we try to offload him, clubs are also going to lowball us anyway because of his wages, so we might as well do it to Bayern now.

Todibo would have been the perfect profile for us. Hopefully we have other options.

Would you take Chalobah instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.