De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you take Chalobah instead?
Don't know much about him but his stats and Chelsea's record the past 2 seasons seem pretty mediocre. I'm also wary of the British player tax.

Players like van de Ven or Todibo would be good - someone promising who passes the eye test and also have decent stats to back it up. So around £30 - 40M in fees and ~£100,000pw in wages.

De Ligt apparently earns £200,000pw more than van de Ven for example. That's an additional ~£10M/yr. I don't think he's worth it and I think most fans would rather see that extra £30 - 40M invested into other players.

Bayern want De Ligt out. They have to lower their price. Maybe we should try and tempt Tah to OT. He's cheaper, better and he'll provide the experience that Yoro miss.

This is the first transfer, where we can have a win this from a negotiation perspective.

It’s not a secret they want to offload his wages. We want a cb, he seems to want us. No other offers for him.

Chances are we’ll reach a middle ground and get this done at around 43/44 m euros, but I like we are haggling here, since there’s a scope.

I feel we need this transfer.
Maguire failed. He’s a decent defender but he’s not doing the business, Lindelof the same. Shaw too injury prone Hernandez out for way too long. We need a quality option that can take Hernandez or Yoro place if they get injured or have a poor patch. This guys far from finished and a bargain to boot its a no brainer.

Maguire failed. He’s a decent defender but he’s not doing the business, Lindelof the same. Shaw too injury prone Hernandez out for way too long. We need a quality option that can take Hernandez or Yoro place if they get injured or have a poor patch. This guys far from finished and a bargain to boot its a no brainer.
Does De ligt have an injury record though? Martinez had a bad one last season but he managed to get all the way through the Copa America without getting injured and on rougher pitches.

You’re coming across a little strong. If you want my attention, drop me a DM.

I’m not sure we can rely on Hernandez at all to be honest with you, hasn’t been available to play for us since LVG was here and even then, I doubt he’d be very good at deputising for De Ligt at CB.

I just can't bring myself to get excited about this transfer. I was quite excited about Zirkzee. I was really excited about Yoro. I am excited for the possibility of Ugarte. Branthwaite excited me. But De Ligt, I just don't feel anything.

I just can't bring myself to get excited about this transfer. I was quite excited about Zirkzee. I was really excited about Yoro. I am excited for the possibility of Ugarte. Branthwaite excited me. But De Ligt, I just don't feel anything.
I’d prefer De Ligt to Branthwaite. He may be a little bit older but the one time I watched Branthwaite last season he got dominated against Jackson when Chelsea leathered them. I’d rather someone that little bit more experienced, we’ve already got Yoro who is arguably the best young defender in Europe. We need to blend Young with expetienced and De Ligt as won a lot of titles.

Is it because the size... of the fee?

Only 3-4 years ago, this guy was hailed as having the potential to be the greatest CB of his generation and a future leader of men.

I've yet to understand why two major clubs have now decided to move him on.

Only 3-4 years ago, this guy was hailed as having the potential to be the greatest CB of his generation and a future leader of men.

His monstrous salary.

I think we need to show negotiating strength here. Either agree a lower fee or walk away.

Yoro was a big fee compared to what other clubs were thinking of so now INEOS need to show they are tough negotiators.

Does this really require an answer on every single page of the thread?

Juventus didn’t “decide to move him on”, he made clear it he wouldn’t sign a new deal and with one year left they felt they had no choice but to at least get a good fee for him. Bonucci even got pissed off with him because he publicly said whilst with the national team that he wanted to leave.

So it’s one major club that wanted to keep him, and one that has decided to move him on.

I’d prefer De Ligt to Branthwaite. He may be a little bit older but the one time I watched Branthwaite last season he got dominated against Jackson when Chelsea leathered them. I’d rather someone that little bit more experienced, we’ve already got Yoro who is arguably the best young defender in Europe. We need to blend Young with expetienced and De Ligt as won a lot of titles.

Is it because the size... of the fee?

It is more or less this

After the Ajax CL run under ETH, De Ligt would probably have been the CB I wanted more than any other at United. However it's been five years since then and you barely hear anyone talking about his performances. For comparison, once Varane started playing regularly at Real it was always clear how good he was. Has De Ligt actually been that good?

I suppose it's really just the come down from what he once was predicted to be to what he is likely to be now. At Ajax he looked like he had the potential to be the best CB of his generation. Nowadays you would say that he is probably a good CL level CB. To be clear I am by no means saying that he is not good, it is just difficult to get excited over a player who you think is unlikely to ever live up to their early promise.

Who the feck is Hernandez?

It is more or less this

After the Ajax CL run under ETH, De Ligt would probably have been the CB I wanted more than any other at United. However it's been five years since then and you barely hear anyone talking about his performances. For comparison, once Varane started playing regularly at Real it was always clear how good he was. Has De Ligt actually been that good?

I suppose it's really just the come down from what he once was predicted to be to what he is likely to be now. At Ajax he looked like he had the potential to be the best CB of his generation. Nowadays you would say that he is probably a good CL level CB. To be clear I am by no means saying that he is not good, it is just difficult to get excited over a player who you think is unlikely to ever live up to their early promise.

He's only 24 y.o. and generally just entering his peak as CB. But yes, he never stand out for me when he's with Juventus. Don't know much about his Bayern's time.

Are you talking about Lisandro Hernandez?

United signing another injury prone player and six months into the season when you have injuries we will have Benito making complex threads about how injuries are an excuse.

I've always said the same when Arsenal signed crocks with bad injury records.

Does this really require an answer on every single page of the thread?
We’re at the Groundhog period of the window unfortunately, happening in every thread.

Lack of news and folks who can’t be bothered / don’t have time to read through what’s already been posted.

Swear a few times this last week I’ve thought the caf was malfunctioning and taking me back to pages I’d already read!

United signing another injury prone player and six months into the season when you have injuries we will have Benito making complex threads about how injuries are an excuse.

I've always said the same when Arsenal signed crocks with bad injury records.
Well you are signing one yourself with the Bologna defender.

Thought he left the club a while ago

I often wonder what is the point in Simon Stones. He's like a Howard Nurse these days

I often wonder what is the point in Simon Stones. He's like a Howard Nurse these days
To be fair, it could be that negotiations have stopped due to both clubs feeling they won't meet in valuations. Plus we now have to sell and it looks like we're short on suitors who will pay what we need to buy players like de Ligt.

To be fair, it could be that negotiations have stopped due to both clubs feeling they won't meet in valuations. Plus we now have to sell and it looks like we're short on suitors who will pay what we need to buy players like de Ligt.
I feel like thats not new information.

In fairness, what the aggregator has done there is take a small throwaway line out of an article about the club moving forward with staff redundancies.

In fairness, what the aggregator has done there is take a small throwaway line out of an article about the club moving forward with staff redundancies.
Ah yes that's fair. fecking aggregators are the worst. I shit on them and then I fall for them :lol:

Well you are signing one yourself with the Bologna defender.
But his wages and actual price are nothing really. However we can't use him as an injury excuse I agree totally yes.

United are signing De Ligt on crazy wages as well.

I do think generally he's not a bad signing other than the above. Your team is looking better than last year.

He is a mouth piece. If he’s been briefed to say that talks have broken down then it reflects the clubs’ thinking of the negotiations. Whenever Ducker or Stone say something on the state of a transfer it might as well be the club saying it.

If news comes from other journalists then it’s because an agent or the other club has briefed them.

But his wages and actual price are nothing really. However we can't use him as an injury excuse I agree totally yes.

United are signing De Ligt on crazy wages as well.

I do think generally he's not a bad signing other than the above. Your team is looking better than last year.

No.

He is a mouth piece. If he’s been briefed to say that talks have broken down then it reflects the clubs’ thinking of the negotiations. Whenever Ducker or Stone say something on the state of a transfer it might as well be the club saying it.

If news comes from other journalists then it’s because an agent or the other club has briefed them.
Im not saying Stone doesn't get sources from the club. I'm saying what he reports ends up being pointless as it's a known fact by the time he finally puts an article out. The other journalists you refer to are far better at getting the scoop. A lot of them corroborate and don't just go by agents alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.