Copa America 2015 | Tournament over, Eboue misses the final, everyone lols

He's actually transferred to Al Wahda in the Arab Emirates.

He went from Palmeiras to Abu Dhabi, back to Palmeiras then now moved to Arab Emirates, which tells you all you need to know about his mentality.
Yeah, surprised at that. Actually thought he was playing in La Liga.

Messi can't get the ball in any space and when he does find space no one passes to him. Get the finger out Martino

Yup its not rocket scientist for Argentina, pass to Messi, instead its, Messi in space? pass down the left where Di Maria has gone off and there's no pace or anything to stretch the game down that side.

Frustrating but we can hope for a bit of magic in this game

Messi looks like he can't handle the pace of the game at the moment. He's been struggling to impose himself in the game with his lack of movement and very static play.
That and he gets fouled every time he picks the ball up

I don't know what's the idea of Lavezzi, whether for PSG or Argentina. Never convinced me.

Argies are slow, as they are usually.

I don't know what's the idea of Lavezzi, whether for PSG or Argentina. Never convinced me.

Argies are slow, as they are usually.
I think he's excellent out wide, not much of a goal scorer though.

very poor half by Messi, looks like a player from previous season(end).....powerless and disinterested, the latter is a odd one as it is the final. Hopefully he shows up in the second half....

That was a great chance for Lavezzi right there. I believe that he should have scored there.

As I expected, the match is even between the two teams. Chile started off very well and opened up Argentina on a number of occasions. Argentina's defence looked unsettled inititally, but as the match went on, they gained their shape and made it tougher for Chile to get past them. As I also expected, Argentina are sitting back more now and are looking to play on the counter against Chile. Chile's creative players and midfielders aren't getting much space with Argentina being compact and tight.

di Maria going out for Argentina seems to have set Argentina back. The team is now reliant on Messi and Pastore to open up Chile, and it's made it easier for Chile to defend against Argentina, particularly when Messi seemed to get tired and not be as involved in the match. Lavezzi coming in, however, adds another goalscoring threat, and if Messi gets more active and involved in the game, Argentina can cause even more problems for Chile with Lavezzi and Aguero constantly looking to break Chile's defensive line.

Chilean front line is wasting the opportunities. Vargas and Sanchez could have done a lot better on several occasions.

very poor half by Messi, looks like a player from previous season(end).....powerless and disinterested, the latter is a odd one as it is the final. Hopefully he shows up in the second half....
It's very rare to see Messi this poor.

To be fair, he hasn't been allowed any space at all, and they're passing it to his feet. Also doesn't help when there is a half each of Chilean defence and midfield taking turns to hack him down. Medel could've been shown a red, and not many would've complained.

Chile are on some yellows, and I doubt they can't sustain their pressing, so Messi will find those bursts of speed to break through. I think he'll have a much better second half.

To be fair, he hasn't been allowed any space at all, and they're passing it to his feet. Also doesn't help when there is a half each of Chilean defence and midfield taking turns to hack him down. Medel could've been shown a red, and not many would've complained.

Chile are on some yellows, and I doubt they can't sustain their pressing, so Messi will find those bursts of speed to break through. I think he'll have a much better second half.

Messi showed time and time again that he can play in much tighter spaces than he plays today but he just looks disinterested..... @TheNewEra says he is ignored, well if he tryed to run a little without the ball they might pass him the ball.

One thing to notice as well is how quite Vidal has been at the moment. As Chile haven't imposed themselves as of yet, Vidal hasn't been involved in the game. He's also struggled with Argentina's midfield with Messi drifting inside and creating an overload in the middle. Plus, going forward, he's been quiet and not so involved in Chile's attacks. I believe that could partly be due to Chile getting tired as the half progressed and giving up control to Argentina.

Can someone explain to me how Argentina being loaded with talent (Messi, Aguero, Di Maria, Pastore, Masch, Zabaleta) can't create more chances/score in this Copa America? I know, I know this isn't Football Manager. But feck me, these are some of the best players in the world. Is it the management? South American sides aren't exactly known for their defense.

Can someone explain to me how Argentina being loaded with talent (Messi, Aguero, Di Maria, Pastore, Masch, Zabaleta) can't create more chances/score in this Copa America? I know, I know this isn't Football Manager. But feck me, these are some of the best players in the world. Is it the management? South American sides aren't exactly known for their defense.
They got 6 in the semi final

They have been quite fluid and have opened up defences several times, but their issue is that Aguero's the only player looking to score goals. Di Maria's a creator, Messi's also been playing less of a goalscoring role, and Pastore's a creator as well. If they had another goalscorer in the team, they could be able to score more goals.

Seems like Martino has continued on from Sabella's approach to anti-football from the World Cup, I guess Maradona's team in 2010 scarred them a bit. Also though it doesn't help when Chile just set out to be dirty bastards and lunge in and shirt pull at every opportunity.

They have been quite fluid and have opened up defences several times, but their issue is that Aguero's the only player looking to score goals. Di Maria's a creator, Messi's also been playing less of a goalscoring role, and Pastore's a creator as well. If they had another goalscorer in the team, they could be able to score more goals.

They've got plenty of goalscorers, they need a deeper-lying creative midfielder so Messi doesn't have to drop so deep all the time

They've got plenty of goalscorers, they need a deeper-lying creative midfielder so Messi doesn't have to drop so deep all the time
Of course, but in the first 11, they only have 1. Messi's been restricted to a more creative role primarily due to what you stated, and this is causing them issues. Biglia should have been that deep-lying playmaker, but he hasn't been able to dictate the game from a deeper role.

At the moment, Lavezzi on for di Maria will cause problems for Chile.