Copa America 2015 | Tournament over, Eboue misses the final, everyone lols

Not when they're one booking away from missing the final. That would be suicidal to risk it.

Argentina's starting to open up Paraguay more. The attacking players are starting to find more spaces now that Paraguay are pushing up more.

How many times did Argentina's right side + Biglia gave the ball away this half? They've done it way too often for my liking.

Argentina's organization is so shit. It could easily cost them the game.

That was coming all game, Arg kept losing the ball in their own half an inordinate amount of times.

Biglia :lol::lol::lol:
How the feck is he playing for Argentina and the CL side!? My God he is shit, argentina really doesnt have better workhorse then him, i refuse to believe that. Cambiasso is 35 now? For me he is still at least class above him and better in every segment of the game, including the physical ones.

Argentina have been very poor in building up play from the right side. That side's been too slow and sluggish, and Paraguay has taken advantage of that weaker side very well. Argentina's left side has been very good so far with di Maria and Pastore being the main attacking threats for Argentina. Biglia's been defensively poor so far, and I fail to see how he's improving the midfield when compared to Banega.

Paraguay have responded well to going down by two goals with some help from Argentina being sloppy at the back once again. I'm surprised that Mascherano slept the way he did to give Haedo Valdez Barrios his goal. I guess this was coming anyways with Otamendi getting too attracted towards the left channel and no one keeping an eye on Haedo Barrios.

EDIT: I seem to think of Haedo just because he's done well in finding pockets of spaces whenever Otamendi drifts out and Mascherano fails to cover the area.

How the feck is he playing for Argentina and the CL side!? My God he is shit, argentina really doesnt have better workhorse then him, i refuse to believe that. Cambiasso is 35 now? For me he is still at least class above him and better in every segment of the game, including the physical ones.
To think that we were linked with him as well...:lol:

Argentina have been very poor in building up play from the right side. That side's been too slow and sluggish, and Paraguay has taken advantage of that weaker side very well. Argentina's left side has been very good so far with di Maria and Pastore being the main attacking threats for Argentina. Biglia's been defensively poor so far, and I fail to see how he's improving the midfield when compared to Banega.

Paraguay have responded well to going down by two goals with some help from Argentina being sloppy at the back once again. I'm surprised that Mascherano slept the way he did to give Haedo Valdez his goal. I guess this was coming anyways with Otamendi getting too attracted towards the left channel and no one keeping an eye on Haedo.

*Barrios

One of the bigger mysteries.

I must say, Otamendi's not having a good match so far. He's been more slack in his defending than usual, and he seems to drift out wide too often, leaving space for Valdez to exploit with Mascherano failing to cover up the opened areas as the main defensive midfielder. I'm not actually surprised that Mascherano isn't covering up the areas well as he's never been known for that anyways. I wonder if he'll cover for Otamendi better if Argentina were to switch to a back 3 with Mascherano as the sweeper. That way, he might not need to push up as often as he's done.

Then again, Biglia's been defensively poor in midfield anyways...

I must say, Otamendi's not having a good match so far. He's been more slack in his defending than usual, and he seems to drift out wide too often, leaving space for Valdez to exploit with Mascherano failing to cover up the opened areas as the main defensive midfielder. I'm not actually surprised that Mascherano isn't covering up the areas well as he's never been known for that anyways. I wonder if he'll cover for Otamendi better if Argentina were to switch to a back 3 with Mascherano as the sweeper. That way, he might not need to push up as often as he's done.

Then again, Biglia's been defensively poor in midfield anyways...

Not just defensive issues, constructive more than anything else... the way they kept misplacing passes in their own half is baffling..

HT passing accuracy stats by WhoScored

Romero 69%
Zabaleta 78%
Demichelís 96%
Otamendi 76%
Rojo 64%
Biglia 96%
Pastore 75%
Mascherano 87%
Messi 100% (!!)
Agüero 67%
Di María 67%

Those are shocking numbers for their DF (apart from Demichelís).

Not just defensive issues, constructive more than anything else... the way they kept misplacing passes in their own half is baffling..

HT passing accuracy stats by WhoScored

Romero 69%
Zabaleta 78%
Demichelís 96%
Otamendi 76%
Rojo 64%
Biglia 96%
Pastore 75%
Mascherano 87%
Messi 100% (!!)
Agüero 67%
Di María 67%

Those are shocking numbers for their DF (apart from Demichelís).
Definitely. The amount of times I saw them gave away the ball to Paraguay made me wonder about why Paraguay didn't get a goal earlier. Zabaleta, Demichelis, and Biglia have been too soft on the ball, whilst Messi took a while to get into the pace of the game and still looks a bit sluggish on the pitch.

EDIT: I just missed the goal. :(

Angelito!!!

Two scorers tonight :D

Maybe we should buy Pastore and make it three.

As soon as Di Maria started the run, the defender was out of the game. Pastores pass was perfect too, Angel didnt have to break a stride.