Copa America 2015 | Tournament over, Eboue misses the final, everyone lols

Brazil have really struggled in the second half. Their midfield has been piss poor in taking control of the match, and the Paraguay defence has done a good job in shutting down Brazil in the final third even though Brazil don't really have enough quality up front. They've been really sloppy going forward in the second half, and they've struggled to open them up.

They're just not producing as talented players. Pair that with a footballing dinosaur like Dunga and it's a recipe for disaster.
I hate it. I loved the old Brazil, I think a huge number of neutrals loved them simply because they had that wow factor that made you stand up when they played. Its been gone for a while now.

There is a bit of me that hopes Brazil get knocked out so that there is even more pressure on making them try and sort out whats wrong with their national team. I want to see Brazil return to the mystic of pre 1990.

Fat chance, they weren't winning anything. Parreira and Scolari won them stuff, not Telé. It's the age old discussion in Brazil though, jogo bonito vs Mourinho-style results football. Problem is, this generation isn't particularly suited to the latter, Dunga's was. Scolari's 2002 team probably the best compromise we've seen and they ran away with it.

Anyone else listening to Andy Gray in the studio?
He's alright, but not special and considering he's a massive arrogant sexist it's not even worth considering bringing him back.

Was Richard Keys always this shit? He just says sentences that don't really lead to insight, aren't incisive themselves and are awkwardly unfunny.

I can't see Brazil losing at penos, more likely the Paraguayans will twat balls into space like the Colombians did.

Fat chance, they weren't winning anything. Parreira and Scolari won them stuff, not Telé. It's the age old discussion in Brazil though, jogo bonito vs Mourinho-style results football. Problem is, this generation isn't particularly suited to the latter, Dunga's was. Scolari's 2002 team probably the best compromise we've seen and they ran away with it.
Yeah thats why I wonder how long they are going to be lost in this wilderness, could be a very very long time.

I hate it. I loved the old Brazil, I think a huge number of neutrals loved them simply because they had that wow factor that made you stand up when they played. Its been gone for a while now.
I would love to see them under Bielsa. I reckon with players like Neymar, Firmino, Oscar and Coutinho he could get them playing brilliant football.

I'm a bit young to properly remember the old Brazil in terms of really comparing it to other teams' styles, but I remember being completely transfixed by Ronaldinho and Rivaldo.

So this Tardelli plays for some team in China. Brazil have a guy who plays in the Chinese league. How the mighty have fallen.

Vieri: "Argentina has no midfield" :lol:
He's not entirely wrong. They have a strong defence screened by Mascherano and lots of brilliant attackers. They lack someone to link both together. Biglia is quite poor and he's the best they have.

So this Tardelli plays for some team in China. Brazil have a guy who plays in the Chinese league. How the mighty have fallen.

They'll have another one when Paulinho completes his move to Guangzhou Evergrande.

Adeus Brasil.

Paraguay have the best penalties I've seen.

Carlton-Slides-on-Floor.gif

Congratulations Bayern. :lol::lol: