Copa America 2015 | Tournament over, Eboue misses the final, everyone lols

Surely Argentina is going to start playing better? With all that talent they can't continue this surely? Messi can't honestly say that's the best he can do, Aguero has to get more involved, Di Maria has to start making basic plays and Pastore has to honor being Cantona's favorite player sometime.

Everytime I watch this group of players I'm shocked at how little they offer as a collective.

o-GERARDO-MARTINO-facebook.jpg

:lol: Yeah, I imagined there would be rivalry there, but a key element of rivalry is competitiveness. If you are always butchered, who cares? At least you played the game the way it should and can keep your head up high... But if year after year it's a tight contest won by the tiniest of margins, rinse and repeat for a century... soon enough you would develop that streak of doing whatever it takes. In fact, you would end up finding most of the great stories revolve around such occasions (e.g. a cameraman once steeped onto the pitch and intercepted a goalbound shot from a striker who had lobbed the keeper on the edge of the box, there's also the "suitcase goal" when a physio treating a player placed his bag inside the pitch next to the post and a shot going wide bounced into the goal :lol:).

No better colour ;)
we won every football tournament played in argentina

bar two that were won by uruguay

that is what i call rivalry

It can continue. It was the case at the World Cup and they almost won it. That's why it's a team sport, though. Having a few good attackers doesn't make a quality team.

Aguero and Messi have been fine. Not sure why you single those two out? Di Maria has been disappointing. Really want him to do well.
At least at the world cup they had a few excuses for their performances. Messi was coming off one of his worst years since reaching his peak, Aguero had injury problems, Banega wasn't even playing football and Pastore still hadn't established himself in the starting 11 at PSG.

All of them come off very good years some even their best years. Yet they somehow still manage to serve up what they currently are. Di Maria is the only that's been struggling for form before the tournament.

Messi and Aguero being 'fine' just isn't good enough. They are top6 players in world football and ought to be playing like it. They just aren't. Messi looks disinterested half the match, threatens to spark into life and the subdue's again. Kun is hanging around the defenders feeding on scraps, he has a lot more in his locker than that. A team with a serious lack of quality like Uruguay shouldn't be able to live with them, yet they are.

I thought Messi and Aguero were clear standouts in the game. Aguero has clearly been told to stay up top and wait for his chance. Messi could have a far greater influence if Pastore could learned to control and pass the ball and Di Maria stopped playing sweeper for the opposing teams. In a tight congested game like last nights it can't be easy.

At least at the world cup they had a few excuses for their performances. Messi was coming off one of his worst years since reaching his peak, Aguero had injury problems, Banega wasn't even playing football and Pastore still hadn't established himself in the starting 11 at PSG.

All of them come off very good years some even their best years. Yet they somehow still manage to serve up what they currently are. Di Maria is the only that's been struggling for form before the tournament.

Messi and Aguero being 'fine' just isn't good enough. They are top6 players in world football and ought to be playing like it. They just aren't. Messi looks disinterested half the match, threatens to spark into life and the subdue's again. Kun is hanging around the defenders feeding on scraps, he has a lot more in his locker than that. A team with a serious lack of quality like Uruguay shouldn't be able to live with them, yet they are.
Messi did very well at the World Cup. They've both started the tournament well. Not brilliantly but well enough for their team to be favourites to make it through. No idea what you're on about. It's more than good enough to win football matches if they're supported by the rest of the team. And that is required to win tournaments since teams wins tournaments. For an example of that, they both scored against Paraguay. Had the midfield and defence not crumbled it was an easy win.

Aye.

Surely Argentina is going to start playing better? With all that talent they can't continue this surely? Messi can't honestly say that's the best he can do, Aguero has to get more involved, Di Maria has to start making basic plays and Pastore has to honor being Cantona's favorite player sometime.

Everytime I watch this group of players I'm shocked at how little they offer as a collective.
There's a lack of chemistry in Argentina's attack, and I'm not sure whether Tata can fully be blamed for this. The attack is quite disjointed with a players like di Maria and Aguero restricting their attacking freedom for Messi and Pastore. Sometimes, it does produce some nice football as seen against Paraguay in the first half, but more often than not, you'll see disjointed and sloppy attacks, particularly against tough opposition. It's clear that Tata's built the team around Messi with everyone set up to bring the best out of him, but with Messi being targeted with physical challenges, it's not going to be easy unless the whole team gels to make Messi's life easier. At the moment, every player is thinking about how to benefit himself rather than how to benefit the team.
Messi has always been like that, but at Barcelona, he had other world class players to occupy everyone else (including the opposition), whilst currently, it seems like Argentina's other world class players are playing too rigidly (other than Pastore) to really have an influence and be noticeable. Aguero's clearly playing like a proper striker for Martino who's supposed to occupy defenders rather than being given more freedom to roam around and ghost past defenders. It's obvious that Higuain is a better option for this role, but Aguero's probably the best striker in the world, so Tata plays him there instead of playing someone who's more suited for that role.

Game 11: Brazil - Colombia
What time is this kicking off?

Just staying up for Neymar! Come on Brazil!

Though I have Colombia in sweepstakes

Anyone staying up mind posting in here about Firminio? Probably won't even end up coming but I've never seen him play and I wouldn't mind hearing how he does in a big game like this!

Anyone staying up mind posting in here about Firminio? Probably won't even end up coming but I've never seen him play and I wouldn't mind hearing how he does in a big game like this!
He is starting!

I don't want to jump the gun, but I don't think Ray Hudson is commentating :drool:

Gonna miss that beautiful Colombian and his inability to control a place while flopping all over the place.

Btw what happened to Chelsea's overrated No 10? Injured, on the bench or not selected?

Ref books the wrong player (wrong skin colour as well makes it even more impressive) then signals for a stretcher as Dani Alves stands up :lol:

He's corrected the decision now.

That half chance for Falcao sums him up right now. 3 years ago I'd have expected him to burst the net, even from there, he was that good

Who are this clowns playing for Brazil? Fred, Elias? Where is Luiz Gustavo? The midfield is terrible, looks like they want to compete with Argentina in everything....

Who are this clowns playing for Brazil? Fred, Elias? Where is Luiz Gustavo? The midfield is terrible, looks like they want to compete with Argentina in everything....
Yeah its so poor, unluckily Gustavo is injured, Elias and Fernandinho are horrible