2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
I have coached a lot of teams in different sports. While I have had a few failures, I have had a lot of successes. The one commonality with every successful team I have had, excellent leadership amongst the players. Captains who will do whatever it takes to win and set the expectation throughout the team. Those players were purposely chosen to come in a lead. If I got it wrong and I had the wrong guy to drive the team to the next level, you changed it up. Sure perhaps not at a professional level, although some of those players did end up with careers in sport, it was the basis for driving success. In addition, my expectation level was clearly communicated with the players. That expectation was to win every game and any time we didn't win it was failure. This expectation became contagious and most bought in and those that didn't were gone.
I have found that teams mirror coaches. They become an extension of how you played the game. As I see it Bruno mirrors ETH and hence why problems exist. Perhaps with different manager he would play different? He needs to get out of his lazy ass play and start pushing himself and the players around him. He is too comfortable, too relaxed and it shows game in and game out.
Lazy is most definitely not a word I'd associate with Bruno, ever.
Crazy take to be honest.

Self sabotaging? At this point, it looks like Bruno is self sabotaging.
I don't know why you're putting that out like he is some undroppable player at Messi's level. He is quite clearly easily replaceable on current form, so how would that be self sabotaging? Resting a player that needs it and has played almost every minute of every game for 4 years seems like something maybe a wise manager would have done - a long time ago.

Your second paragraph just couldn't be more factually incorrect. He has been one of our least creative players, and all of Rashford, Amad, Zirkzee, Garnacho and Eriksen have been more creative and created more chances than him. Dalot is equal, and even Mason Mount isn't far behind. I wonder what you've been watching for you to call him our most creative player this season.
I haven't made him out to be anything on anyone's level, but he's out most creative player for sure, near enough any metric I've seen stipulates that as well.
Has he got the heights he is capable of, definitely not so far, but he's still better than any other option United currently has in the ranks.

I actually think that’s one of his more annoying qualities is that he doesn’t rest people for nothing games at times.

Tbf, what manager under pressure would rest players?

He clearly feels rightly or wrongly, Bruno, Rashford are his main go to guys so when his job is on the line, they will 100% play and let him down.

He clearly feels rightly or wrongly, Bruno, Rashford are his main go to guys so when his job is on the line, they will 100% play and let him down.
The two of them are and should be his reliable players. Bruno tries to hard to make a pass to get something going which is fine, problem is most of the time he's better off playing a simple pass instead of losing the ball. Rashford, just didn't reach his potential and I don't see him, at this point - being a massive success.

Two perfect games coming up for Bruno to try and get some form going. Back in his homeland tonight and against one of his favourite opponents on Sunday. Then away with the national team too. If his form doesn't pick up from that then he should rightly be dropped.

Again, do you really think the management team, including EtH, are self sabotaging themselves by refusing to drop Bruno?
I'm pretty sure, despite the many issues with the tactical set up currently, the coaching staff have more footballing knowledge than most.

Whether you like it or not he is still the most creative player we have and has been this season also.

There's also another saying that 'The fans always see the problems months before the manager does...'

And as for the most creative player, if you mean by how many ways can he screw up a pass, shot or tackle, then you're spot on.

Again, do you really think the management team, including EtH, are self sabotaging themselves by refusing to drop Bruno?
I'm pretty sure, despite the many issues with the tactical set up currently, the coaching staff have more footballing knowledge than most.

Whether you like it or not he is still the most creative player we have and has been this season also.
god i hate that fecking argument that they know more than we do. Explains probably why we go thru so many coaches right because they are all so smart/infallible?

Remove the captaincy. Demote him to the level of squad player. Sell him as soon as possible to Saudi.

He needs to feck off. We need to replace him ASAP. He's not good enough to be our number 10.

Outside of a 20 minute cameo vs Barnsley this guy has been playing against us every game this season

Whoever the new manager will be it is imperative their vision involves getting him the feck out the club as soon as possible

Get him gone, man. Spend the rest of the season sounding out moves

Probably the most stupid post in a long time.

Bruno and Eriksen combined brilliantly on these goals and Eriksen again had an absolutely tremendous game.

And this right here is the second problem with this thread: people see what they want to see. As long as they get one or two examples from a game then that is enough to erase all the good stuff.

If you are an attacking midfielder with more than 80% pass accuracy and practically never attempt to dribble, then you are not playing a high risk game! End of story.

Just because Bruno occasionally goes for a difficult pass it doesn't mean that he is a high risk player. I understand that it becomes jarring when it's always the same guy, but that is (probably) the instruction that he has been given. The manager knows about his capabilities and thus he is awarded the freedom to sometimes try difficult things. There is nothing "risky" or "wasteful" about this approach. Even a possession-psycho like Pep allows De Bruyne to go for multiple tricky passes and crosses per game. They don't all succeed of course. I would argue that most of them fail. But in the long run they pay off.

Looking at the big data spread over entire seasons it makes sense why Bruno is allowed to do this. He creates an obscene amount of chances (more than any comparable player in the league I think) and his goals and assist output is also good. As long as he keeps working hard off the ball (which he does) and doesn't squander possession by dropping into the low 70's or lower (which he doesn't), he should be allowed to try some difficult things.

So are you saying that you will only pick the games in the cups where Bruno doesn't play to suit your agenda?

I would like to refer you back to last season, Bruno missed two games, which was the last time, we lost 4-0 to Palace and 1-0 to Arsenal.

Uhm, what? He's started all our games this season until yesterday, and I seem to remember him assisting De Ligt for the opener against Southampton.

I thought you were you being sarcastic but your original post is terrible.

Hope he has more bad games like these for us where he gets 2 assists in 30 mins.

What you thinking guys?

It was more a thing in previous seasons, we’ve seen Eriksen injured in a game vs reading, full strength teams in the carabao etc.

Obviously right now he will need to as his job is on the line.

Meh, soft red card. No worse than the rest of the team apart from Rashford and Onana.

It’s a clear second booking, studs up at head height, regardless of whether he touched him (don’t think he did) and the Porto players reaction (which was bs).

Absolutely infuriating yet again but I won’t put it all on him. It’s the clown who keeps selecting him even when it is clear he is in woeful form.

Bruno has been shite all season. But both reds have been ridiculous.

VAR should be implemented like rugby and actually have a use. Tell the ref he hasn’t caught him and, while completely brain dead to risk it, the Porto player is trying to con you.

If only!

It's paradoxical, as again, it wasn't a second yellow, and made no contact with the player. But he definitely deserves to cool down a few games, as he can't be playing the way he has been playing without consequences.

Most shots taken from any footballer in Europe without scoring? Come on.

Should've been subbed off a lot earlier. We played better with ten men once he was off the pitch without him constantly losing the ball.

Red vs Spurs was never red but yellow while tonight that 2nd yellow was probably harsh. But I think it was easy for ref to give him second yellow as refs tend to feck us over these days and it was also to please home crowd. Not sure referees like Bruno much either.

Unless it's overturned we'll be without Bruno at Fenerbahce and think it'll be interesting and possibly good for our side. He's not been good so far this season at all.

I actually thought he was ok apart from the speculative shots, didn't give the ball away nearly as much, but still tried to create.

I just want to know what you think? I'm not try score points - I'm old and fat i actually don't give a sh*t what people say here.

But, still... do you think we can win anything or play good footy with him?
Yes. If the opposition is Barnsley level