2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
I understand the referee on-field decision but unsure why VAR didn’t overturn it
Some seem to think it wasn't an "Obvious" error.
But it clearly was, like the ref and VAR lot didn't have the main angle or something. Wouldn't put that nonsense beyond them.

Trust me bro because possibly long ball during good spell. Redcafe in the mud.

We conceded 2 more goals in the second half without answer and that's the primary metric for performance. The entire team was shit in the first half and must have had a rocket up their ass to improve as 10 in the second. What's to say Bruno wouldn't have improved too?

So much dumb causation correlation fallacy across this forum.
Exactly this. Anyone who has watched football for any sort of time will have seen games where one team has been utterly pony for a half yet still get back into what was still a tight game at that point.

The second that red happened we were done for and pretty much guaranteed we were done.

Still doesn't mean the manager should remain or that certain players seriously have to up their game

You layed that out so "well" yet missed option d, which is the most likely one: next game will be good, game after will be bad. Some things improve, some stay as they are. Making up stuff like that is only inviting the answers once the slightest of reason to do so is there. There is enough to criticize right in front of us, no need to invent fictional events where we just skip the one obvious part.

Hell yeah. Because thats the true elite. Only people, who take their time, money and will power to actually go to the match have stuff to share. Especially given that the majority of those is known to be real football experts. Get something going, maybe redcafe can build a feature, so we can finally see those geniuses better. The user name in bigger font, or in blinking colors or some blue checkboxes. That would be soooo great. It would save so much time, reading stuff not knowing whether the person has a clue or not or, and way more important, whether he goes to matches or not.

Not sure what you are talking about. The guy is always available, there are what 5, 6 or 7 matches without him? Not sure that fits your description.

Fans also continue to try to exclude certain players from criticism because they think it is undeserved. We are a weird bunch. Fanboys, Hater - been there forever, will never go away. Now it seems like the haters are at it, tomorrow it might change again - based on experience all it takes is a semi-decent performance plus an assist or a goal and we are back to "glad we have him" and "where are the haters now"...

Fair enough. I agree. Option d was excluded. Genuinly not on purpose.

However. Do you think city accept option d? Not knowing from week to week what is gonna happen. They can trust KdB to not (sometimes) be an absolute liability.

I'm a little annoyed. The one chance to see how we do without him in the team.

If they say it shouldn't be red, it's a shame maddison can't be done for simulation (I realise there was contact so not technically a dive). The screaming fall was embarrassing

FA decided the better punishment for United was to overturn his ban

Some seriously twisted views in here, this thread is another reason why this place is toxic.
Absolutely pathetic.

Some seriously twisted views in here, this thread is another reason why this place is toxic.
Absolutely pathetic.
It absolutely is. Even before the last game some people wished injuries.
Oh no we won't see things we have already seen before but are somehow now different.

Absolutely pathetic.
Yup. Ridiculous to see this place turning on individual players, when every single player is bad, there’s probably a reason.

Yup. Ridiculous to see this place turning on individual players, when every single player is bad, there’s probably a reason.
Every single player hasnt been bad all season

Meh. He is one of the worst performers for us this season and has pretty much been consistently wank since the season started. Considering he is our captain it's very much justified to point this out

Oh yeah definitely. In a thread where people criticize only because of hatred, fanboys gonna be fanboys.
I for example have backed Bruno to the hilt,
We are aware of that
I still think he’s our most important player, but that said he’s had a shite start to the season and I think all players should have to fight for their starting place, including whoever is captain.
Fair point, even though the first words just don't feel right to me.
No question for me with our performances that Bruno should be rested and we should play a much more solid midfield 3 with Cas, Ugarte and Eriksen for a few games to consolidate.
I agree, that certainly seems the most straightforward thing to do, given the rough waters the last result created. Not too hopeful though given that our plans often times don't seem to be straight forward at all.
I feel pretty much the same way and I have been accused of being a fanboy.
Only because you really are.
Fair enough. I agree. Option d was excluded. Genuinly not on purpose.
Fair enough.
However. Do you think city accept option d? Not knowing from week to week what is gonna happen. They can trust KdB to not (sometimes) be an absolute liability.
Beggars can't be choosers. Everybody will be able to see your point and obviously everybody would take an edition of Bruno that gives all the advantages but none of the disadvantages. But thats not going to happen. I am a mainstay in this thread and I am as committed as ever that we should move towards a style of play that isn't as reliant on Bruno as we've been in the last years. But we have to accept that that isn't going to happen in the blink of an eye. Some on here are advocating that taking him out is the only thing that prevents us promised land (hyperbole of course) but I don't see it being a smooth transition at all. Garnacho and Amad are young, therefor naturally inconsistent. Mount is somewhat of a mystery - his movement and technique has potential to add something to an attack, but does he have transformational abilities? Not sure.
I am a bit hesitant, as you see. I've seen us play well this season, for one half against Fulham and one half vs Brighton. Bruno didn't prevent that so I think, there is a possibility of a happy medium. I think, people are overstating the Barnsley game to a degree, this is not a good team and playing well against them, shouldn't be used a cornerstone for a Bruno resistance campaign.

I too am the opinion that he is mostly out of form and he should be dropped based on that. Easy as that. And we should do all we can to make sure we plan for the future without him. But making him a posterboy for all the frustration that is apparent right now isn't very productive in my eyes. As I said, I see your point and I'd love us to be at a place in time where we could get him out of the team with an alternative ready (be that a player or different approach) but I am afraid it will take some time because as a team we just aren't there yet. With or without Bruno.

Incidentally - did anyone notice Brennan Johnson goading and laughing at Bruno after the card? Really “unsportsmanlike
behaviour” - don’t people get cards for that?

If only there was a system whereby officials could look at replays and overturn incorrect on-field decisions… :confused:
Clearly two levels are not sufficient. We need VAR for VARs.

"It's turtles all the way down..."

turtles-all-the-way-down-susan-culver.jpg

It was never a red card. It is criminal that after spending millions on equipment and trainings these VAR buffoons can't even overturn such an obvious error.

Bruno' s performance was criminal though

Ah of course. Can't be denying Ten Hag and his captain the chance to further sabotage the season.

It was never a red card. It is criminal that after spending millions on equipment and trainings these VAR buffoons can't even overturn such an obvious error.

Bruno' s performance was criminal though

Agree with all of this.

Would love to know your definition of good then

You wouldn’t. But it does not include consistently giving the ball to the opposition when your team is dominating and controlling the game.

Most likely will lead to ETH sacking as ETH won’t drop him or play as false 9. And we will have no control and get over run.

It bothers me that the Ref thinks it's red & VAR backs him up & agrees that it's a red but when it gets reviewed it's a yellow.
What is the point of VAR ??

It was never a red, glad it was overturned.

I'd still like to see us line up with a midfield three that doesn't include him and his advanced role.

Nah his agent tried and they got almost zero interest. There was a tenuous Bayern link but no one wants to pay money for him because of his age and fat contract. I remember someone in here saying he would be worth £100m, it’s mental, I think we’d do well to shift him on his current form for more than £20m odd in the summer.
20M was pretty fair for a player on his 30s and few time to finnish his contract and a huge wage.

Why aren't referees never punished for such blatant mistakes? In a way, you are encouraging him to do the same shit next time.

I mean, give a yellow, and ask the VAR to check and see if there are elements for more than a yellow, if you think that he might been malicious in his challenge. Its that easy for him, as he has the help available. VAR is too scared to intervene once the referee has made a decision, in order not to undermine his authority, to that extend that they rather go with a shocker of a decision than come up with the right one. As long as there is any kind of contact, even minimal, they would not overturn a red card or already awarded penalty. They are like trained monkeys every year, no common sense whatsoever.

With the clear and obvious rule, VAR totally took our the part where you need to consider the follow through on the challenge when it's a red card or if there was aggressive/excessive force. When it comes down to already awarded penalties, all they are checking now is if there is the slightest contact. Never if the contact was enough to bring a player down in the first place. Such a flaw in the application of VAR.

Last edited:
You layed that out so "well" yet missed option d, which is the most likely one: next game will be good, game after will be bad. Some things improve, some stay as they are. Making up stuff like that is only inviting the answers once the slightest of reason to do so is there. There is enough to criticize right in front of us, no need to invent fictional events where we just skip the one obvious part.

Hell yeah. Because thats the true elite. Only people, who take their time, money and will power to actually go to the match have stuff to share. Especially given that the majority of those is known to be real football experts. Get something going, maybe redcafe can build a feature, so we can finally see those geniuses better. The user name in bigger font, or in blinking colors or some blue checkboxes. That would be soooo great. It would save so much time, reading stuff not knowing whether the person has a clue or not or, and way more important, whether he goes to matches or not.

Not sure what you are talking about. The guy is always available, there are what 5, 6 or 7 matches without him? Not sure that fits your description.

Fans also continue to try to exclude certain players from criticism because they think it is undeserved. We are a weird bunch. Fanboys, Hater - been there forever, will never go away. Now it seems like the haters are at it, tomorrow it might change again - based on experience all it takes is a semi-decent performance plus an assist or a goal and we are back to "glad we have him" and "where are the haters now"...

I wasn't speaking specifically about playing without Bruno. We have seen many times over the last 10 years when fans blame a specific player or two how "we will be much better without x player" but it never works out that way.

Trust me bro because possibly long ball during good spell. Redcafe in the mud.

We conceded 2 more goals in the second half without answer and that's the primary metric for performance. The entire team was shit in the first half and must have had a rocket up their ass to improve as 10 in the second. What's to say Bruno wouldn't have improved too?

So much dumb causation correlation fallacy across this forum.
This.

You only have to look at Utd v Liverpool at old trafford last season. Liverpool dominated us and took the lead with Diaz. They looked comfortable up until a poor pass from Quansah in the second half which lead to (ironically) Bruno scoring from the half way line. The momentum completely shifted and we even took the lead with a Mainoo special before it finished 2-2.

The point being, to suggest we were better off without Bruno and down to 10 men is nonsense. Yes we were damn awful up until that point. But it’s not the first time we’ve been awful first half and then come back into the game. The red card gave us virtually no chance of getting anything out of the game.

It's a shame that the ban is not upheld, but it actually gives whoever is in charge an opportunity to drop him.

It actually didn't bother me that the ref gave the red card at the time, the angle the ref saw it happen from made it look worse than it was, it was the idiot on VAR that didn't overturn it that I have the bigger issue with when he clearly had better angles that showed it wasn't a red.

Indeed, most of the criticism for the red is directed at the VAR who didn't tell the ref to check the monitor, Bruno's tackle was rash but the replays will obviously show that 1: he slipped 2: his studs where nowhere near to Maddison