Bruno Fernandes Portugal flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Why is he immune to getting subbed? Rashford and Amad were out there making things happen and get subbed out. Bruno stays on, gets the luxury of staying even though there were no more room for him in the team, which was why he was shunted out to the right.

I don't get our fans a lot of the time. Blaming our fortunes on one player because he can't carry the team on his own.

He creates magic in every match, and statswise the best creator in Europe, but he makes mistakes of course. And the tactics doesn't help him. Would play even better under a better manager.
Nobody is blaming him alone but he’s a part of the problem not the solution. Awb is among the best one on one defenders on the planet. Being very good at one thing doesn’t make you untouchable. Bruno is one of our best players but he’s also got big weaknesses that hurt us and need eventual replacing.

The scouts initially rejected him while he was at Sporting because of his poor passing as reported by numerous outlets in the summer of 2019 and many of us have been pointing out his poor passing for years but we'd get the cliché "KdB loses the ball just as much" argument, completely ignoring the contextual differences (KdB plays more advanced, takes more crosses etc). This form is far from out of the ordinary from him. Anyone that thinks otherwise, please read through the first 15 threadmarks from his match performance thread from last season. It's 11 shite performances interspersed with 4 good ones. It's been like this for most of the past 3 years
Poor choice of username then.

What's quite funny is that Pogba was absolutely hammered on here for years for being "inconsistent" while Bruno is every bit as inconsistent (personally think his general play is even more inconsistent) but plays in a position where stats will cover up how shit he is for many games because we've indulged him for so long.
So true and his stats aren’t even that impressive anymore given his position and lack of discipline so I’m not really sure the point in pursuing with him.

I don't get our fans a lot of the time. Blaming our fortunes on one player because he can't carry the team on his own.

He creates magic in every match, and statswise the best creator in Europe, but he makes mistakes of course. And the tactics doesn't help him. Would play even better under a better manager.
Nobody expects that. I usually defend him but he’s been exceptionally poor the last few games. Almost nothing he’s done has come off and he’s now messing up the most basic of passes.

Bruno is a good player. He just shouldn't be untouchable. If it's not working for him, take him off.

It will keep him honest. His body language when things don't go well is horrible.

Nobody is blaming him alone but he’s a part of the problem not the solution. Awb is among the best one on one defenders on the planet. Being very good at one thing doesn’t make you untouchable. Bruno is one of our best players but he’s also got big weaknesses that hurt us and need eventual replacing.
Ultimately he will have to because of age, but he's not where I would start.

(I'd start with the manager, then maybe a different striker, maybe midfielder unless Ugarte turns out well, and fullback.)

Just when you think that he can't do any worse than he did for the first 90 minutes of the match, he goes and shoots from 35-40 yards in the last minute, when he can clearly cross. I would've dragged him off the field holding him by his ears. What a selfish thing to do. Absolutely idiotic.

He’s been atrocious this season and doesn’t deserve to be in the team. He can’t do anything right, 90% of his decisions are wrong and he looks like a prima Donna on the pitch.

I’ll keep saying it, he’s not the only issue but he’s a big one and we need to move away from him at some point this season.

Ultimately he will have to because of age, but he's not where I would start.

(I'd start with the manager, then maybe a different striker, maybe midfielder unless Ugarte turns out well, and fullback.)
Are you not watching the same the rest of us are? He has been shockingly poor this season, so why do consistent poor performances get rewarded? Shocking management by ten Hag.

I've watched too much of his stinkers that I ain't angry anymore

It is what it is

This club will win the pl one day, it won't be with Rashford or Bruno, so probably 5-10 years time because they'll be retiring at united unfortunately

Bruno is literally worshipped by everyone at united and most fans, he el capitano.. the untouchable

Just pisses me off to no end that I have to constantly read how "brilliant" he is when I watch him feck up 5-10 passes a game that an average academy player would complete. Fair enough if you're some barging striker who's bagging goals every game and just isn't great with the ball at your feet, but when your supposed to be some magician of a midfielder it's a fecking embarassment to watch.

As a big Bruno fan, it pains me to see him playing so poorly. On a night where I was hoping he’d turn on the style, we ended up with arguably his worst performance to date.

On this showing he should be benched.

Bruno is a good player but he is playing too many games for Club and country. He looks tired and should take a couple of weeks break

The annoying thing is coming off the bench would probably suit him quite well as he ages.

Why is he immune to getting subbed? Rashford and Amad were out there making things happen and get subbed out. Bruno stays on, gets the luxury of staying even though there were no more room for him in the team, which was why he was shunted out to the right.
Because the only success eth has ever had is when he makes something magic happen

If we consider both last season and this one, Bruno has been poor for the majority of it. No successful team would start an attacking midfielder like him—at best, he might come off the bench when the game opens up. But even then, no big team would prioritize a player who treats the ball like it's on fire. He constantly loses possession with careless passes, is physically weak, and the play-acting is unbearable. I can't believe a player like him is the captain of such a great club. How far we've fallen is unbelievable.

I had the audacity to call him out tonight so the young lads in front of me asked me if it was my first time at Old Trafford.

He is fecking terrible at the moment and needs some time out of the starting XI.

Unfortunately, a portion of the United fans demand that he starts and cry when he is criticised

Needs to be in extra shooting training sessions alongside Casemiro

Yeah he put one close but wide, but he should be hitting the target with quality efforts more than he does

You are the Bruno of "reading the room"
He will 100% get him sacked.
Thats my feeling as well. ETH went all in for him and Rashford but they will survive his reign...

On another day that shot in the second half flies into the top corner. Which it sometimes does for him. That’s a formula that we can rely upon though. For too long with this guy people have focused on the headline contribution solely, queue the famous caf line of ‘didn’t play well but still managed to contribute something’. We can’t build anything behind that. We can’t develop as a team based on that, and at some point, the ‘didn’t play well’ part needs to take on greater significance than the ‘but still managed to contribute’ part if we have any vision at all. The same statement was not enough to save Scott McTominay, and it shouldn’t be enough for Bruno.

We need a midfielder whose contribution IS playing well, before we even begin a G or A conversation. Ten Hag repeatedly talks about our ‘routines’, yet this is the most anti-routine player about who lacks in so many fundamentals. The footballing equivalent of focusing on wanting to run before he’s actually mastered walking.

Plays shit and decides to put him out wide instead of taking him off . That’s the type of manager we have . My captain shall not be taken off

Abysmal at the moment. The occasional moment of magic does not make up for how much he hurts our build up.

You usually live with Bruno giving the ball away and having shit games because he also produces those game winning moments, but we have really not seen it this season.

We are missing those “magical moments” at the moment.

I feel like he creates less and have way more give aways than usual.

He hasnt caused any issue that will make ten hag think about his job yet. The manager is just waiting for a call from upstairs because he is a spineless one who is scared to drop big names swiftly

No point getting wound up anymore. He is here to play every game for the next 3 years.

You usually live with Bruno giving the ball away and having shit games because he also produces those game winning moments, but we have really not seen it this season.

We are missing those “magical moments” at the moment.

I feel like he creates less and have way more give aways than usual.

You do, not me. Where have those magical moments taken us? They will never happen frequently enough to win us anything on their own, so they are basically irrelevant and should be of far lesser importance than how we can create a team that consistently performs to a high level. That will give us a far better chance of winning things than these moments of Bruno’s, so his contribution to the team should be judged based upon the former than the latter.

We need to think of how we see ourselves playing consistently as a trophy winning team, not how we win any individual 90 minute game of football. Clearly, we won’t win enough of them for them to be of consequence like this anyway. Again, it’s similar to Scott McTominay. He could never score enough last minute winners to outweigh the fact that he is detrimental to team play. Only a player of Messi/ahaaland level individual contribution should be accommodated in this manner because their contributions have such consequence to a team’s fortunes.

Poor choice of username then.
I genuinely don't know what I was thinking. I've considered asking if I could change it but I don't want to cause a hassle

I had the audacity to call him out tonight so the young lads in front of me asked me if it was my first time at Old Trafford.

He is fecking terrible at the moment and needs some time out of the starting XI.

Unfortunately, a portion of the United fans demand that he starts and cry when he is criticised
This phenomenon has been as much of an issue for me regarding Bruno as his actual performances. He has this rabidly loyal fanbase, who are mostly on the younger side and for whom Bruno is the best United player they've ever seen with any degree of lucidity . It seems you can criticise any other United player and get away with it, but if you criticise Bruno it's sacrilege. I support the team, not individuals and I think he's a poor team player. He got away with that under peak Oleball but the chickens are coming home to roost as we attempt to move away from that. I got banned from r/reddevils on Reddit for calling him overrated. He's like a god on there and I don't get it

I can't help but notice the parallels when I see Sporting fans talking about how he carried them through a "shit" era. Looking at their league points tallies and goal differences, they were significantly better in the years before he arrived and the years after he left

That was fecking desperate. Only just finished watching the game as missus had the tv tonight.
Gave it away almost every time he had it. Shooting was wank.
Nothing positive from that.
And he is the captain?